Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcozart
How do I highlight what you guys are saying like you are highlighting mine and reply to your specific post?
you mean bold high word and then click b
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
jdcozart
Rookie

jdcozart needs more cowbell.

How do I do what you just did? When you highlighted what I said.
jdcozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For all you guys that want us to draft Marshawn Lynch, he benched 225 20 times. I was a little disappointed especially after after Lorenzo Booker did 26 and Garrett Wolfe followed it up with 22. Anyone's feelins change about him after that or does it have no effect on your lust for him at 16? Opinions?
well as a zoneblocking running back you are often required to go and lift 225 pounds during the middle of the game so obviously Lynch doesn't fit our scheme.

to quote someone press the quote button on the post you would like to quote.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
jdcozart
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
Quote:
For all you guys that want us to draft Marshawn Lynch, he benched 225 20 times. I was a little disappointed especially after after Lorenzo Booker did 26 and Garrett Wolfe followed it up with 22. Anyone's feelins change about him after that or does it have no effect on your lust for him at 16? Opinions?
well as a zoneblocking running back you are often required to go and lift 225 pounds during the middle of the game so obviously Lynch doesn't fit our scheme.

I am and it isnt working. And I know he won't have to do a bench press in the middle of the game. You don't have to try to make me look stupid. I was just asking people if it changed their opinion because I would like to see us go in a different direction.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I am and it isnt working. And I know he won't have to do a bench press in the middle of the game. You don't have to try to make me look stupid. I was just asking people if it changed their opinion because I would like to see us go in a different direction.
i was only saying that it would be dumb to not want a RB because he can't bench press a ton. bench pressing is irrelevant to playing the position of RB.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
jdcozart
Rookie

Point taken. Did you notice that I couldn't highlight your quote though. Am I still doing something wrong?
Old 02-24-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Point taken. Did you notice that I couldn't highlight your quote though. Am I still doing something wrong?
after some messages it write quote at the top corner of there post
Old 02-24-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i was only saying that it would be dumb to not want a RB because he can't bench press a ton. bench pressing is irrelevant to playing the position of RB.
you need to be able to block

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

true but i matter i want my running back to do 20 i dont expect him to like 30 reps
Old 02-24-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i suppose in blocking it is important to be strong but still, the bench isn't a very great representation of how you'll block. it's not like 20 is nothing either. if he had gotten 10 or something of that sort i would be worried.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i suppose in blocking it is important to be strong but still, the bench isn't a very great representation of how you'll block. it's not like 20 is nothing either. if he had gotten 10 or something of that sort i would be worried.
]yeah I agree with that too and blocking is alot about heart too. If you want to get in someone's way you're gonna do it as a running back

Old 02-24-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

FANTASY

PF28 brought this deal to me, we agreed it was good, and I submitted the offer:

Green Bay gives:
Colin Cole (and 64 total points)

Atlanta gives:
Demorrio Williams (and 60 total points)

Williams, a former 4th round pick, gives us very good LB depth. The trade moves us into the 4th round where we can hopefully pick up Josh Wilson, CB from Maryland.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
PackerFan20

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
Quote:
Quote:
FANTASY

Alright, I think we've done a great job so far. We've acquired:

Randy Moss, WR
Tatum Bell, RB
Dante Hall, KR
Laron Landry, S
Zach Miller, TE

We've pretty much covered all of our major needs. Job well done in my opinion.

As of right now, we have two 5ths, a 6th, and two 7ths remaining.
We need backup LBs, CBs, and OL
I'm targeting Rory Johnson in the 5th, and may want to trade up to get him. He's got good size and incredible speed, and came out as a junior. Could be a diamond in the rough.
alright; any other diamonds???
Josh Wilson, if he makes it to the 4th. I realize yall got Dante Hall, but he is getting older
He's 28 going on 29; he's got enough years left in him
Yeah but he hasnt showed the same talent the last couple of years.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
PackerFan20

Quote:
First of all, Josh Wilson is a CB. Dante Hall is a KR/WR.
Wilson runs a 4.3
Old 02-24-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

IIRC, Daryn Collegde only did 21 reps of 225, Lynch doing 20 is a plus for me.

I read on another forum that Cullen Jenkins has been offered a 4-year, 16 million dollar contract, with 7 million guaranteed, no link though.

I like that deal and I hope he takes it.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Fantasy

When is the deal with Atlanta getting processed???

Old 02-24-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

Quote:
Fantasy

Probably tomorrow, although njx said this earlier:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Just waiting for the Packers/Falcons trade to be approved... It was:

Green Bay Packers receive:
147, 150, and Demorrio Williams

Atlanta Falcons receive:
117 and Colin Cole

Is there anyway I can find out if it was approved or rejected?
it'll be posted. i'm not doing anything else that isn't pressing tonight.

Chenquieh.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Fantasy

Probably tomorrow, although njx said this earlier:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Just waiting for the Packers/Falcons trade to be approved... It was:

Green Bay Packers receive:
147, 150, and Demorrio Williams

Atlanta Falcons receive:
117 and Colin Cole

Is there anyway I can find out if it was approved or rejected?
it'll be posted. i'm not doing anything else that isn't pressing tonight.

Chenquieh.
That's alright then :)

Old 02-25-2007, 02:19 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say forget Lynch lets go get Olsen in the frist and take Gary Russell with our 4th, resign Green and we have a good runing game.

edit- what do u guys think of my 5 round mock, below?
Old 02-25-2007, 02:41 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why dont we just sign Green to a one year deal and draft Russell then next year take Mike Hart of McFadden?
Old 02-25-2007, 09:16 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN
why dont we just sign Green to a one year deal and draft Russell then next year take Mike Hart of McFadden?
Ahman doesn't just want a one year deal so if the Packers re-sign him it'll be for two or three years

Old 02-25-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

I'm alright with the Atlanta trade. I'd like to go corner in the 4th.

Old 02-25-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
eagleseye

Since the Moss rumors have cooled down, does anybody think TT would ship out a 2nd rounder for D-Jax?

Quote:
Seahawks hope to trade Darrell Jackson
Posted by Mike Sando @ 05:11:09 am
What might receiver Darrell Jackson return in a trade? The Seahawks plan to find out. This news doesn't come as a big surprise to those who have followed the team closely in recent seasons. The Seahawks' decision to shop Jackson stems from a long-simmering contract dispute and lingering distrust over the handling of a 2005 knee injury, sources have said. While the organization does not consider the relationship beyond repair, leaving open the possibility that Jackson could return, the team would prefer to trade him for a draft choice (audio analysis here).

Seahawks president Tim Ruskell and coach Mike Holmgren, speaking at the NFL scouting combine, declined to comment on the team's plans for Jackson, other than to say he remains under contract. The team has not yet shopped Jackson or informed his agents of their plans. "Darrell would love to retire as a Seahawk," agent Brian Mooney said, "but we are unsure what the Seahawks have in mind."

It remains unclear what the 28-year-old receiver might command in a trade. There was no strong consensus among general managers polled anonymously at the combine. But given Jackson's relatively high salary for 2007 ($3.25 million) and recent injury problems, the Seahawks might not receive a first-day pick in return, they said.

The evidence is mixed. While the Seahawks sent a first-round choice to New England for receiver Deion Branch, a former Super Bowl MVP without a 1,000-yard season, Philadelphia acquired former first-round choice Donte Stallworth from New Orleans for a conditional fourth-round pick and linebacker Mark Simoneau. Green Bay traded Javon Walker to Denver for a second-round pick. Denver acquired a much higher first-round pick in exchange for Ashley Lelie. Jackson has considerably better career numbers than any of those receivers. He is also under contract, whereas Walker was looking for a lucrative new deal.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Memorex
Rookie

Memorex needs more cowbell.

Go after McGahee, and then draft Olson, and then give up the 3rd and say Franks or Fergusin for Moss, that would be my ideal offseason.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memorex
Go after McGahee, and then draft Olson, and then give up the 3rd and say Franks or Fergusin for Moss, that would be my ideal offseason.
That's too much!!!