Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

ds8582 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
What do u guys think about trading for Jared Allen he wants out of KC , if we got him and Kampman togeather we would hav to awsome ends who could both get 10+ sacks a season.
I am really not interested. I would rather develop talent rather than trade away picks. But if the price was right he would be intriguing but as of right now with Cullen Jenkins possibly resigning and KGB still under contract I doubt it would happen.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:02 AM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcozart View Post
Do you guys only like his pedigree and size? He makes some poor decisions.
Yeah basically, he has a strong arm but remember any QB we would draft would hopefully be a late 2nd day pick as a developmental player.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6507034

here is a little more on John Beck
Old 02-26-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
PacMan
Rookie

PacMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Thumbs up

So what's the consensus pick for GB now??
I still like Marshawn Lynch.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan View Post
So what's the consensus pick for GB now??
I still like Marshawn Lynch.
I think that might be the consensus but I think TT will have plenty of options when he comes up.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
stewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds8582 View Post
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6507034

here is a little more on John Beck
I'd love to land him. With some help, he could really be good.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:00 AM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewy View Post
I'd love to land him. With some help, he could really be good.
He looks pretty good from the highlights but thats why they are called highlights so we will see.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah basically, he has a strong arm but remember any QB we would draft would hopefully be a late 2nd day pick as a developmental player.
I've seen every UTEP game this year, he only impressed me in one game, the Texas Tech game. I want him to do good, I just don't think he will. I would much rather he is picked up by another team, because I would see it as a waste of a pick for the Packers. The only reason I have a sig of him is it looked cool and I have friends on the team, so we had been partying with him all last semester, and he is a funny guy.

His arm strength is nothing special. It is good enough to make most throws, but he won't get any into tight spaces. His accuracy suffers, he has no pocket presence, he can't move around. He would be no higher than a 7th round pick if his brother wasn't Carson Palmer. The absolute best case for him is Chris Simms, but I think Simms was much better coming out of school. I think the best Palmer will ever be is a serviceable backup

Quite a few interceptions Palmer through were just wildly off target. He throws into double and triple coverage quite frequently. He is not someone you will want to run your offense.

Palmer will be picked up before late second day. The QB class is relatively weak this year. Simms was picked up well before where I thought he deserved(after running UT into the ground when taking over for applewhite) and I think Palmer will be taken higher than his production would indicate. I say late 4th or early 5th.

Last edited by someone447 : 02-26-2007 at 11:34 AM.
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
I've seen every UTEP game this year, he only impressed me in one game, the Texas Tech game. I want him to do good, I just don't think he will. I would much rather he is picked up by another team, because I would see it as a waste of a pick for the Packers. The only reason I have a sig of him is it looked cool and I have friends on the team, so we had been partying with him all last semester, and he is a funny guy.

His arm strength is nothing special. It is good enough to make most throws, but he won't get any into tight spaces. His accuracy suffers, he has no pocket presence, he can't move around. He would be no higher than a 7th round pick if his brother wasn't Carson Palmer. The absolute best case for him is Chris Simms, but I think Simms was much better coming out of school. I think the best Palmer will ever be is a serviceable backup

Quite a few interceptions Palmer through were just wildly off target. He throws into double and triple coverage quite frequently. He is not someone you will want to run your offense.

Palmer will be picked up before late second day. The QB class is relatively weak this year. Simms was picked up well before where I thought he deserved(after running UT into the ground when taking over for applewhite) and I think Palmer will be taken higher than his production would indicate. I say late 4th or early 5th.
Yeah I actually haven't seen much of him. I don't get many UTEP games in PA but like I said I think if the Pack select a QB it will be a late round pick.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TT said that he likes to take QBs but i don't see a point in us taking one this draft. the only QB i'd want is Stoco and that's only because he's a badger.

how do you check your rep?

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
TT said that he likes to take QBs but i don't see a point in us taking one this draft. the only QB i'd want is Stoco and that's only because he's a badger.

how do you check your rep?
click on that white thing at the bottom of your post under your username
Old 02-26-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
click on that white thing at the bottom of your post under your username
k, thanks. i have 10.

Old 02-26-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
k, thanks. i have 10.
I think that is what everyone starts out as roidrunner said he had 10 as well.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I like Jordan Palmer. I think he would be good to have on the team.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
I like Jordan Palmer. I think he would be good to have on the team.
I like him too but this John Beck kid looks real good too.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neither Woodson or Harris making the probowl still chaps my ass.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Neither Woodson or Harris making the probowl still chaps my ass.
yea i agree i mean serious what does a guy have to do to get in the pro-bowl around here??? woodson should for sure of been in the probowl. I still think the coachs should have a say into who gets into the probowl
Old 02-26-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I like him too but this John Beck kid looks real good too.
if you had to take one, which one would it be?
Old 02-26-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

If I had to pick I guess Beck
Old 02-26-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

im thinking
nelson-1
Booker-2
Miller-3

what you think?
Old 02-26-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Rodgers and Lynch_07
Veteran

Rodgers and Lynch_07 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Cullen Jenkins resigned 4 yrs/ 16 mil. what everyone think?

http://www.wisconsin-sports.com/
Rodgers and Lynch_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
im thinking
nelson-1
Booker-2
Miller-3

what you think?

Don't like the nelson pick, but i enjoy the booker one.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 02-26-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Favre finally got er done. http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.../70226183/1989

they get smoked.

Old 02-26-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodgers and Lynch_07 View Post
Cullen Jenkins resigned 4 yrs/ 16 mil. what everyone think?
i love the fact that we resigned him. good move.

Old 02-26-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah I actually haven't seen much of him. I don't get many UTEP games in PA but like I said I think if the Pack select a QB it will be a late round pick.

Drafting another QB doesn't make any sense. He took Ingle Martin in the 5th last year. By taking another we'd either have to cut him or carry 4 QBs on our roster.