Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.sportspickle.com/features...228-favre.html

Enjoy.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
The best part it how factual it really is.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Koren entered jail today to begin his sentance... Don't drop the soap koren!!

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:59 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Koren entered jail today to begin his sentance... Don't drop the soap koren!!
Great words of advice

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:26 AM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

ds8582 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Does anyone think this is kind of a weak free agent class as far as Packers needs go???
Old 03-01-2007, 08:56 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds8582 View Post
Does anyone think this is kind of a weak free agent class as far as Packers needs go???
In general it's a weak class but the Packers can upgrade with Adalius Thomas if they could bring him in otherwise they'll have to look at trades to bring in any names such as Randy Moss or wait until the draft comes becuase there isn't much

Old 03-01-2007, 08:58 AM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

Is Daniel Graham still an legitimate option at TE??
Old 03-01-2007, 09:16 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Yes he is and that wouldn't be a bad option

Old 03-01-2007, 09:16 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't really think so, he's too inconsistent for my liking in the passing game. I think he's great at what he is right now, a 2nd TE option. I think we need to get a TE who can really help us in the passing game, we already have TE's who can block.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:32 AM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
I don't really think so, he's too inconsistent for my liking in the passing game. I think he's great at what he is right now, a 2nd TE option. I think we need to get a TE who can really help us in the passing game, we already have TE's who can block.
I read on a website that likened him to a glorified tackle but they also said he got lost in the passing game because Ben Watson is such a great pass catcher.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:40 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

so in other words. hes like kevin barry who can sometimes catch the ball
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:45 AM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
so in other words. hes like kevin barry who can sometimes catch the ball
I wouldn't say that but I was just questioning his ability to be the TE the packers need.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:50 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

he seems like a guy who can only block with hands like rocks. we need a pass catching TE.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:58 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

so what about Jamal Lewis, since he is now a free agent, i know he does not fit the system. but maybe it will be a FA that takes over our starting RB position
Old 03-01-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

I think RB can be addressed in the draft maybe 3rd round.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
so what about Jamal Lewis, since he is now a free agent, i know he does not fit the system. but maybe it will be a FA that takes over our starting RB position
Id rather have lynch in the 1st and maby sighning green too, having 2 good backs would be awsome.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
PackAttack

Quote:
he seems like a guy who can only block with hands like rocks. we need a pass catching TE.

Having watched Graham in college (I went to CU) and the NFL I can say its not that he has hands of stone. He has very soft hands and catches the ball very well.

The thing with him is 2-fold:

1) He is slow. He will never stretch the field and thus is not a true receiving threat long distance (but he is very savy and good in the red zone)

2) He blocks so well that New England pretty much kept him in as a blocker and let Watson be the receiving threat.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in Green and Gold. He would be an upgrade from Bubba for sure just not a down-the-field threat.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

Graham is good in Madden. lol
Old 03-01-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

After the Combine, I'm really starting to prefer either Olsen or Landry at 16. Either player will come in and make a difference right away. Olsen could challenge franks/martin for the starting job and with as fast as Olsen is, he could be used in the slot too. Landry could take the job about from MM in a heartbeat. He fast and explosive and can cover unlike Manuel.

As for Free Agency, I think AT would be amazing but it seems like he's either going to cleveland or San Fran. I doubt he would go to cleveland because well...it's Cleveland. San Fran is probably where he will end up unless TT throws some serious $ at him, which he did with Woodson.

I still say Michael Bush would be amazing and if he's there in the 2nd round, the Packers would be foolish not to take him. In that Kentucky game before he got hurt, he ran over some people and then put it into another gear. This guy could have been the Heisman winner if he had not been hurt. I would be willing to take a chance on this guy in the 2nd because he should be going in to top 15 if not for his injury.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm I the only one who still really wants Lynch with our first rounder? I think that we shouldn't settle for a average RB for a few years, i.e Green. RB is arguably the most important position in the offense for certain teams. Remember the days when Ahman was getting 1500+ rushing yards and how good our offense was. Even back then we had below average receivers. Drafting a TE in the first round will help, but it wouldn't solve our offensive woes. Drafting a back like Lynch would durastically improve our offense. With our improving OL and a RB perfect for our system, who I feel will be able to make an immediate impact in the NFL, we would be able to establish a good running game. In turn that would open up our passing game a little too if we use play action.

Young RB's have been pretty succesful in the NFL the last few years and some of them have become the face of their respective teams. I think that once Favre leaves Lynch would be able to take over that role of the playmaker on offense and it would really help Rodgers with his transition to becoming a starter.

stephenson86
Old 03-01-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
I'm I the only one who still really wants Lynch with our first rounder? I think that we shouldn't settle for a average RB for a few years, i.e Green. RB is arguably the most important position in the offense for certain teams. Remember the days when Ahman was getting 1500+ rushing yards and how good our offense was. Even back then we had below average receivers. Drafting a TE in the first round will help, but it wouldn't solve our offensive woes. Drafting a back like Lynch would durastically improve our offense. With our improving OL and a RB perfect for our system, who I feel will be able to make an immediate impact in the NFL, we would be able to establish a good running game. In turn that would open up our passing game a little too if we use play action.

Young RB's have been pretty succesful in the NFL the last few years and some of them have become the face of their respective teams. I think that once Favre leaves Lynch would be able to take over that role of the playmaker on offense and it would really help Rodgers with his transition to becoming a starter.
People still like Lynch but a premiere back is not a necessity for the ZBS and the Packers have other needs

Old 03-01-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
People still like Lynch but a premiere back is not a necessity for the ZBS and the Packers have other needs
A premier back may not be a neccesity for a ZBS, but it would sure help. Look at Ahman Green's numbers last year they were average at best. If you put a premier back in to the system you're gonna get more production. I understand that the pack have other need's it's just that the offense hasn't been the same since our running game was good. We need to reastiblish the run and getting Lynch will do it. The team's defense is improving IMO, they have enough talented players to be a pretty good D. While the offense is what's holding us back, we need to be able to rely on our offense to put up points. Without an establish run game, and some average RB, it ain't gonna happen.

stephenson86
Old 03-01-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
A premier back may not be a neccesity for a ZBS, but it would sure help. Look at Ahman Green's numbers last year they were average at best. If you put a premier back in to the system you're gonna get more production. I understand that the pack have other need's it's just that the offense hasn't been the same since our running game was good. We need to reastiblish the run and getting Lynch will do it. The team's defense is improving IMO, they have enough talented players to be a pretty good D. While the offense is what's holding us back, we need to be able to rely on our offense to put up points. Without an establish run game, and some average RB, it ain't gonna happen.
Well, yes it would help, but if he's not there it won't be the end of the world for Packers fans

Old 03-01-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody care if I make a team mock draft thread?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Anybody care if I make a team mock draft thread?
I'm sure that'll be fine; we're all Packers fans