Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2007, 09:34 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

ok guys i say we go after Travis Henry

also he is said to be cut in a few hours

him and Morency that would be very nice

Link

Video

Last edited by The Legend : 03-03-2007 at 09:41 AM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:02 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
ok guys i say we go after Travis Henry

also he is said to be cut in a few hours

him and Morency that would be very nice

Link

Video
He has success last year in Tennessee so it wouldn't be that bad

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a big fan of Henry. I just don't understand why you guy's want to keep going after average RB's.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

BIG NEWS
Takeo Spikes on Trade Block Bills Are Only Asking For 3rd / 4th Round Pick

i think thats a deal that we should jump on

Spikes - Barnett - Hawk ... would be very nice
Old 03-03-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BIG NEWS
Takeo Spikes on Trade Block Bills Are Only Asking For 3rd / 4th Round Pick

i think thats a deal that we should jump on

Spikes - Barnett - Hawk ... would be very nice
Spikes is another person that has battled injuries and there's no saying that'll he'll get back to his Pro-Bowl form; that's why they're only asking for the late 1st day, early second day pick.

Old 03-03-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Spikes is another person that has battled injuries and there's no saying that'll he'll get back to his Pro-Bowl form; that's why they're only asking for the late 1st day, early second day pick.
well look at our past 3rd round pick other then last year

2005 : NONE
2004 : Donnell Washington
2004 : Joey Thomas
2004 : B.J. Sander
2003 : Kenny Peterson
2002 : Marques Anderson
2001 : Bhawoh Jue
2001 : Marshall
2000 : Steve Warren
Old 03-03-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:

that has nothing to do with it becuase management isn't same; a certain Mike Sherman is out of the picture.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think letting Ahman walkl and trying to get Willis Mcgahee would be an awesome move... anybody think that?
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
I think letting Ahman walkl and trying to get Willis Mcgahee would be an awesome move... anybody think that?
Willis is a good back injuries are a problem for him and the Packers probably will decide to go younger at running back by addressing it in the draft

Old 03-03-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

last year though we got Spitz and Hodge. all the picks you have shown were before TT.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:57 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

would you guys be willing to give up our 1st Round

or even 1st round / next year 2nd round

FOR VILMA

Last edited by The Legend : 03-04-2007 at 03:51 AM.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:19 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
would you guys be willing to give up our 1st Round

or even 1st round / next year 2nd round

FOR VILMA
it's not a need though, so I wouldn't pay that much for a little upgrade

Old 03-04-2007, 08:04 AM    (permalink
Mwkick
Rookie

Mwkick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really hope they don't trade for McGahee. I really think he's one of the most overrated backs in the league. And I don't like Henry either. I would much rather see them go after Moss than those two. With Thompson's conservative history, I wouldn't count on ANY deals getting done, but would definitely pull for Moss. It'd be nice to see them sign Griffiths as well. As for spikes, I really don't think he's the answer either. I would have liked to have Thomas if anyone. But Spikes REALLY hasn't played in 3 years. Why take the gamble on someone that's been injured the past 2?
Mwkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:01 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwkick View Post
I really hope they don't trade for McGahee. I really think he's one of the most overrated backs in the league. And I don't like Henry either. I would much rather see them go after Moss than those two. With Thompson's conservative history, I wouldn't count on ANY deals getting done, but would definitely pull for Moss. It'd be nice to see them sign Griffiths as well. As for spikes, I really don't think he's the answer either. I would have liked to have Thomas if anyone. But Spikes REALLY hasn't played in 3 years. Why take the gamble on someone that's been injured the past 2?
Well right now it looks like Willis may be going to Denver and Moss is running out of potential teams he could go to due to the Jags signing Northcutt, either Green Bay or Miami will be the suitor

Old 03-04-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Ahman Green signs 4-year deal with the Texans, says ESPN.

I think this means Lynch in the first now or trading down in the first picking up an extra second rounder to get Bush or Irons.

I trust TT, But now he has to add a franchise back to the mix with all the other things. If Green had stayed, there were more options at 16, now our first round pick is very all but assured, and anyone wanted lynch can jump up and take him before the Packers do at 16.

This is a set back in the Packers off-season

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
Ahman Green signs 4-year deal with the Texans, says ESPN.

I think this means Lynch in the first now or trading down in the first picking up an extra second rounder to get Bush or Irons.

I trust TT, But now he has to add a franchise back to the mix with all the other things. If Green had stayed, there were more options at 16, now our first round pick is very all but assured, and anyone wanted lynch can jump up and take him before the Packers do at 16.

This is a set back in the Packers off-season
I don't believe it was a setback at all becuase if Ahman is here or not they were going to have to bring in a young back unless they strongly believe Morency is a long-term solution

Old 03-05-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
PackAttack

OK, my new "perfect Packer offseason"

(No doubt this will change again and again and again)

1) Trade 3rd rounder and conditional pick next year for Randy Moss
2) Hopefully Oakland actually does cut Lamont Jordan....and we sign him
3) Trade down in 1st round and get extra 2nd rounder
4) Draft Olsen or Zack Miller, Reggie Nelson/Griffin/Meriweather and Jason Hill/Tony Hunt/Antonio Pittman in rounds 1 and 2 with our 3 picks
5) Fill out depth in FA and Draft with another CB, line help (both O and D), etc.

These things happen and I see us being VERY competetive next year.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack View Post
OK, my new "perfect Packer offseason"

(No doubt this will change again and again and again)

1) Trade 3rd rounder and conditional pick next year for Randy Moss
2) Hopefully Oakland actually does cut Lamont Jordan....and we sign him
3) Trade down in 1st round and get extra 2nd rounder
4) Draft Olsen or Zack Miller, Reggie Nelson/Griffin/Meriweather and Jason Hill/Tony Hunt/Antonio Pittman in rounds 1 and 2 with our 3 picks
5) Fill out depth in FA and Draft with another CB, line help (both O and D), etc.

These things happen and I see us being VERY competetive next year.
I like alot of what you said except for the signing of LaMont Jordan; he's fata$$ no good RB who always gets hurt

Old 03-05-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
jpapa4490
Rookie

jpapa4490 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

so much for the us getting travis henry, he signed a deal with denver according to ESPN.com. 5 year contract worth 12 million guaranteed.
jpapa4490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What does everyone think of Antonio Bryant? Apparently he had some attitude problems, but he did have a few good games.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
What does everyone think of Antonio Bryant? Apparently he had some attitude problems, but he did have a few good games.
He'd big the big play receiver we're looking for but his attitude problems were bad enough for San Fran to release their only receiver so he must have some big time issues

Old 03-05-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Mwkick
Rookie

Mwkick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ya, I agree about the character issues. I still cant' believe that more people haven't inquired about him though. Like you said, he's a big play receiver who did well in that offense.

I really think the packers should make a big pitch for McMichael...
Mwkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
GadoR'Savior
Rookie

GadoR'Savior needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwkick View Post
Ya, I agree about the character issues. I still cant' believe that more people haven't inquired about him though. Like you said, he's a big play receiver who did well in that offense.

I really think the packers should make a big pitch for McMichael...
I second that McMichael is a great recieving TE, much needed upgrade over Butterfinger Franks.

If the Moss stuff doesn't work out i think the Packers need to get a WR in the first round. Meachem i am hoping for Jarrett would be fine. They just need a big play threat that will allow Driver to go man to man and Jennings to get mismatches out of the slot. Then add in McMichaels...wow that is a deadly group for Farve tryin to make a run for the last time
Old 03-06-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Imagine this......
The Packers tarde QB Aaron Rodgers for WR Randy Moss, and Moss gets a new contract but it's cheaper. Then, Green Bay trades their 3rd round pick for RB Willis McGahee. The Packers have the money to get Willis a long-term deal. FB Justin Griffith signs with Green Bay. Nick Barnett gets a contract extension.

On to the draft we go. The Packers trade down in round 1 and pick up an extra 3rd round pick and future draft pick from a team that's looking for a playmaker such as Marshawn Lynch. The Packers use their 1st rounder on TE Greg Olsen, 2nd round pick on a safety such as Miami(FL) S Brandon Merriweather or someone else, and their 3rd round selection used on a CB to add depth there.

It's probably next to impossible but they are all moves that could happen. Living in a fantasy world I would love for this to happen and Green Bay would be serious Super bowl contenders and Brett could potentially ride out into the sunset as a two-time Super Bowl Champion

Old 03-06-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I've been saying this for awhile now, but I do not want moss. Then to think we would trade our offensive future for the guy just, wow, I can't belive guys are being serious with this. I once did a little bit of reaserch by myself and found that the steeler's super bowl winning team, other than 5 guys on the starting roster were drafted by the steelers. Those 5 guy that weren't had been with the team for 5 years or more. Interpret that whatever way you want, but all I'm saying is that theres a reason why the redskins suck, FA arn't the answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote