Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2006, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur
What a piss poor effort that was. Manuel obviously is not an all-down SS.

LaRon Landry>MarShawn Lynch in R1.

I'm also not too happy with Poppinga in pass coverage. A shame that Ben Taylor hasn't done anything to get on the field. He's not the tackler that Brady is, but he's better in coverage.

If Mike Montgomery isn't going to practice well enough to be on the active roster, the Packers need to get someone better at DE and have KGB be a situational pass-rusher. NE rushed their RBs somewhere around 30 times, and over half those rushes were at KGB.

I thought Greg Jennings was open a couple of times in man coverage but his QBs could not get him the ball. Also, what happneed to Ahman Green in the passing game? Ahman's a great receiver and very effective with the ball on swings, screens and dump offs. Do we have tight ends on this roster anymore?

Bellicek gets credit for being a genius, but playing the packers is pretty easy. Attack Poppinga and Manuel in the passing game. Attack KGB in the run game. Double or triple cover Donald Driver, as evidently there is either no other pass catcher who wants the ball, or a QB who can get the ball to anyone else. It's disgraceful Troy Brown provided better coverage than our secondary did.

Having Favre bang his funny bone and losing A-Rod to a broken foot just tops the cake.

Off-season and draft needs: SS, WR, DE, TE, CB, LB, OL. I'm not sure where you're talking about the Packers being a few players away. Maybe a few starters. Their depth is not good at a number of positions and a couple injuries would show that, so hopefully the Packers do not get injured on the O-line, LB corps, or secondary.
Linebacker is fine, Abdul Hodge maybe one of the three best but they won't put him on the field. Better things may happen if he were out there, who knows.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:49 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was hunting and didnt watch the game(I guess not a bad one to miss). I knew Favre was hurt but just found outt about Rodgers. I'm kind of worried and think Favre's streak could end with this one.

P.S. Who's Rodgers Lynch07?
Old 11-20-2006, 02:02 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
I was hunting and didnt watch the game(I guess not a bad one to miss). I knew Favre was hurt but just found outt about Rodgers. I'm kind of worried and think Favre's streak could end with this one.

Fave announced today that he was fine.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:07 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:

Fave announced today that he was fine.
OK good. I hope that Ingle can get some time this season. I want to see what he can do.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Head Coach Mike McCarthy relayed good news and bad news with regards to the Packers' quarterbacks on Monday.

Brett Favre appears to be OK after suffering an elbow injury in the second quarter Sunday that sidelined him for the rest of the game. McCarthy said Favre was getting the strength back in his hand and wasn't concerned about the injury. He will be evaluated further on Wednesday.

But unfortunately for backup quarterback Aaron Rodgers, his first extended action in 2006 turned out to be his last this season. Rodgers broke his foot during Sunday's game against New England and is out for the season.

Rodgers came into Sunday's game late in the second quarter in relief of Favre and finished the contest. He completed four of 12 passes for 32 yards. He also rushed for 11 yards, was sacked three times and lost a fumble. McCarthy said he didn't know for sure but suspected Rodgers injured the foot on one of his scrambles and played the rest of the game with the injury.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4
Head Coach Mike McCarthy relayed good news and bad news with regards to the Packers' quarterbacks on Monday.

Brett Favre appears to be OK after suffering an elbow injury in the second quarter Sunday that sidelined him for the rest of the game. McCarthy said Favre was getting the strength back in his hand and wasn't concerned about the injury. He will be evaluated further on Wednesday.

But unfortunately for backup quarterback Aaron Rodgers, his first extended action in 2006 turned out to be his last this season. Rodgers broke his foot during Sunday's game against New England and is out for the season.

Rodgers came into Sunday's game late in the second quarter in relief of Favre and finished the contest. He completed four of 12 passes for 32 yards. He also rushed for 11 yards, was sacked three times and lost a fumble. McCarthy said he didn't know for sure but suspected Rodgers injured the foot on one of his scrambles and played the rest of the game with the injury.
At least we know Rodgers is tough. A broken foot would be extremely hard to play through.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:39 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses
Quote:

At least we know Rodgers is tough. A broken foot would be extremely hard to play through.
yeah, but tough means nothing if he continues to play like that, although he did take over in a pretty difficult situation.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 11-20-2006, 03:31 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yeah, but tough means nothing if he continues to play like that, although he did take over in a pretty difficult situation.
Favre couldnt do anything either...
Old 11-20-2006, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not ready to judge Rodgers while he's playing with a broken foot in a terrible situation for two quarters. Until he actually plays a season as "the man", it's pointless to try to determine how he'll do.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:03 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

so what ever happend to KGB getting huge in the offseason, I see nothing but worse play from last year and him getting pushed around more and more
Old 11-20-2006, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Rodgers and Lynch_07
Veteran

Rodgers and Lynch_07 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hey guys I know we would all like Marshawn in the 1st but which CB in the 2nd and WR in the 3rd (or vice versa?)

http://www.wisconsin-sports.com/
Rodgers and Lynch_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:35 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodgers and Lynch_07
hey guys I know we would all like Marshawn in the 1st but which CB in the 2nd and WR in the 3rd (or vice versa?)
Daymeion Hughes in the 2nd and Steve Smith in the 3rd would be good for you guys.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:09 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Daymeion Hughes in the 2nd and Steve Smith in the 3rd would be good for you guys.
Yeah I would like that.

And who were you Rodgers and Lynch07?
Old 11-20-2006, 06:09 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah I would like that.

And who were you Rodgers and Lynch07?
Rodgers and bush06
Old 11-20-2006, 06:16 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
uh i like that too, but i am starting to maybe think about a DE in round 3, because KGB is not impressing me. I just really don't think the packers will need another WR on day 1 if Koren comes back.

they get smoked.

Old 11-20-2006, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Rodgers and Lynch_07
Veteran

this is kind of a random question but can any of you guys find a good picture of Daymeion Hughes?

Old 11-20-2006, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Rodgers and Lynch_07
Veteran

Old 11-20-2006, 07:04 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
this is kind of a random question but can any of you guys find a good picture of Daymeion Hughes?
just find his school website and look from there
Old 11-20-2006, 07:04 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

heres the best i could find

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Rodgers and Lynch_07
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughrider30
Quote:

heres the best i could find
it suks theres no big pictures of him...for some weird reason.

Old 11-20-2006, 07:14 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

With a three-spot, the Packers now have allowed 17 touchdown passes. They're in position to challenge the club record of 33 set in 2004, when secondary coach Kurt Schottenheimer was in his first tour of duty in Green Bay."

anyone notice the coincidence????

they get smoked.

Old 11-20-2006, 07:18 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With a three-spot, the Packers now have allowed 17 touchdown passes. They're in position to challenge the club record of 33 set in 2004, when secondary coach Kurt Schottenheimer was in his first tour of duty in Green Bay."

anyone notice the coincidence????
i'd brought this up earlier. i think we should dump Schttenheimer. he could be the main cause of our secondary issues.

too bad about Rodgers. i didn't know he was hurt until it was mentioned.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Rodgers and Lynch_07
Veteran

can anyone find a good picture of Steve Smith (USC receiver not Panther)

Old 11-20-2006, 07:30 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

just curious what are you using these for?

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Rodgers and Lynch_07
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughrider30
Quote:

just curious what are you using these for?
just putting somethin together...