Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
titletownusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
I think letting Ahman walkl and trying to get Willis Mcgahee would be an awesome move... anybody think that?
The Bills don't want to pay him and I think he would be a great fit in GB. If we signed a good RB like that we could use our first draft pick for a stud wideout or a hard hitting SS.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its been 3 years so it is time to review the '04 Draft

1 25 Ahmad Carroll CB Arkansas-great speed didnt amount to much, showed promise in 2nd year, but all hopes were crushed in his 3rd and was released. Too many penalties and bad attitude.

3 70 Joey Thomas CB Montana State- Probably a bad pick to start out with and should have been taken in a later round. Hardly could compete w/ draft bust Carroll.

3 72 Donnell Washington DT Clemson- How many downs did he play?

3 87 B.J. Sander P Ohio State- A total joke getting a 3rd round punter, only one bad year as starter.
6 179 Corey Williams DT Arkansas State- Generates good inside pass rush and has become a sucess on the team.

7 251 Scott Wells C Tennessee- Thanks to injuries to Flanagan, he proved that he could start for this team and is recently got a contract for it.

Grade= C
Had two good picks late in the draft, but the rest was TERRIBLE!

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Why in the world would the Packers trade Rodgers for Moss? That may be the worst trade in the history of trades. I want Moss, but not if it means giving up on a guy who hasn't played a meaningful down of pro football yet.

Rodgers should have been a top 10 pick two years ago and now you wanna give him up before he has a chance to start or play at all. Whoever said they wanted to groom Ingle Martin for the start QB job is a Dumb***.

Can some please explain this Rodgers for Moss thing to me again, because I feel like I blacked out and Mike Sherman is running the team again!!!!!

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post

1 25 Ahmad Carroll CB Arkansas-great speed didnt amount to much, showed promise in 2nd year, but all hopes were crushed in his 3rd and was released. Too many penalties and bad attitude.

3 70 Joey Thomas CB Montana State- Probably a bad pick to start out with and should have been taken in a later round. Hardly could compete w/ draft bust Carroll.

3 87 B.J. Sander P Ohio State- A total joke getting a 3rd round punter, only one bad year as starter.
6 179 Corey Williams DT Arkansas State- Generates good inside pass rush and has become a sucess on the team.

7 251 Scott Wells C Tennessee- Thanks to injuries to Flanagan, he proved that he could start for this team and is recently got a contract for it.

Grade= C
What's the grade for when your first four picks aren't on the team? I'd give that draft an F+.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.benmaller.com/nfl_rumors_notes

According to this cat the pack is looking at McMicheal and McGahee

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
Why in the world would the Packers trade Rodgers for Moss? That may be the worst trade in the history of trades. I want Moss, but not if it means giving up on a guy who hasn't played a meaningful down of pro football yet.

Rodgers should have been a top 10 pick two years ago and now you wanna give him up before he has a chance to start or play at all. Whoever said they wanted to groom Ingle Martin for the start QB job is a Dumb***.

Can some please explain this Rodgers for Moss thing to me again, because I feel like I blacked out and Mike Sherman is running the team again!!!!!
There are plenty of FA qb's out there and next year's draft should be rich in potential QB's

Old 03-07-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

packerschatter

Fullback Justin Griffith is still in Green Bay as of Wed. They are talking contract and it is only a matter of time before the two sides agree to a deal. Griffith see's the Packers as a perfect fit for his skill set, and the Packers feel the same way. (I would suspect a deal could get done today making him the highest paid FB in the NFL.)

Joe Horn will be in Green Bay for a visit Thursday or Friday. If Horn is signed the Packers would no longer have interest in trading for Randy Moss. I was told the Pack would only look to Horn for no more then 2 years. Horn has ties to Mike McCarthy and would be a nice fit in the Packers offense and in the locker room (just my opinion). I heard the Packers will make an offer to Horn before he leaves Green Bay, and I was also told the Packers are the team that tops his "wish list".

Chris Brown will be coming to Green Bay later in the week as well.

Randy McMichael has been contacted by the Packers (and other teams) and is trying to set a date to come to Green Bay for a visit. There is mutual interest from both parties.

The Packers are trying to see what day is good for Deon Grant to come visit Green Bay.

There are rumors of the Packers and Redskins talking trade on draft day IF Adrian Peterson is available at the #6 pick. It would include the Packers #16 pick, a 2nd round pick this season and another 2nd rounder next season for the Redskins #6 (overall) pick and a 5th round pick.

The Packers have not contacted nor offered Jamal Lewis a contract form what I was told.

The Bills will NOT release Willis McGahee and will trade him by or on draft day. Teams that are considered the front runners to land him are the Packers, Giants, Ravens, Browns, and Raiders. He could be had for a 3rd round pick, but McGahee and the team trading for him would want a new deal before any deal can/would be finished.

The Packers have inquired about Redskins RB Ladell Betts.

Orlindo Mare may be released by the Dolphins and several teams would have interest, including the Packers, Giants, Redskins, Falcons, Chiefs and 49ers.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

I'm with you, it's just completly beyond me why anyone would want that to happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:00 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't really want to make a new thread for this, but this made me laugh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_Carroll

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I didn't really want to make a new thread for this, but this made me laugh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_Carroll
yeah I read that a couple weeks ago, funny, "0 packer fans were sad to see him leave" or something like that, good stuff

Quote:
Old 03-07-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

First of all, Brett Favre is still the Packers QB so Rodgers will sit the sideline for atleast another year. Randy Moss has not played very hard in Oakland so he's fairly fresh and can still produce at a high level. Back to Rodgers, you can say he hasn't played meaningful football yet so we don't know what he can do, but I don't ever remember an istance in the pre-season where I said "Man this guy can play." There's a reason why he feel down to the Packers two years ago, and that's becuase he has questionable mechanics and an average arm. Ask Mike McCarthy he's the one who was way against taking Rodgers back when he was in San Fran. Ingle Martin is always a possibly to play too becuase although he ended his career at Furman U he started his career at Florida nad you have to be pretty darn good to go there. Martin is in the same boat as Rodgers, we don't really know what either can do. But don't come on here and ask why the hell we're talking about Moss for Rodgers when you crown Rodgers as the future of this franchise when we haven't seen anything from Rodgers that would make us think that once Brett is gone that he'll get the job done. Plus, Green Bay can draft a QB this year too and that QB would have a year to learn the system and a year to learn from one of the greatest, #4.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
packerschatter

Joe Horn will be in Green Bay for a visit Thursday or Friday. If Horn is signed the Packers would no longer have interest in trading for Randy Moss. I was told the Pack would only look to Horn for no more then 2 years. Horn has ties to Mike McCarthy and would be a nice fit in the Packers offense and in the locker room (just my opinion). I heard the Packers will make an offer to Horn before he leaves Green Bay, and I was also told the Packers are the team that tops his "wish list".

This seems pretty unlikey now, I just saw on ESPNEWS that Horn passed a phyiscal and is still in discussion with the Falcons, which is Horn's first choice of where to go.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
GadoR'Savior
Rookie

GadoR'Savior needs more cowbell.

Quote:
First of all, Brett Favre is still the Packers QB so Rodgers will sit the sideline for atleast another year. Randy Moss has not played very hard in Oakland so he's fairly fresh and can still produce at a high level. Back to Rodgers, you can say he hasn't played meaningful football yet so we don't know what he can do, but I don't ever remember an istance in the pre-season where I said "Man this guy can play." There's a reason why he feel down to the Packers two years ago, and that's becuase he has questionable mechanics and an average arm. Ask Mike McCarthy he's the one who was way against taking Rodgers back when he was in San Fran. Ingle Martin is always a possibly to play too becuase although he ended his career at Furman U he started his career at Florida nad you have to be pretty darn good to go there. Martin is in the same boat as Rodgers, we don't really know what either can do. But don't come on here and ask why the hell we're talking about Moss for Rodgers when you crown Rodgers as the future of this franchise when we haven't seen anything from Rodgers that would make us think that once Brett is gone that he'll get the job done. Plus, Green Bay can draft a QB this year too and that QB would have a year to learn the system and a year to learn from one of the greatest, #4.
BINGO!!! Prince everything you just said was right on the money!
Old 03-07-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll have to add some love for TT later. I see all the stupid money being thrown around (hey Vikings, I'm sure Bobby Wade for $15M will really turn your club around...) and am glad we are not engaging in that. Nate Clements would have been a nice addition and made a formidible DB corps, but for $80M w/ $22M guaranteed, I'm quite pleased TT has let this period pass. It's better than paying $50M for some guards that aren't even Pro-Bowlers, much less All-Pros...

I would like to see Justin Giffith signed, as well as pick up Randy McMichael.

I would have been OK with Green for $5M a year, but I'm interested to see what RB the Packers draft now. Maybe Chris Henry in the 4th...
Old 03-07-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Mwkick
Rookie

Mwkick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The last four posts have been right on...
I'm beginning to like this site.
Mwkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Prince, I agree that Moss can still play at a high level but giving away a potential franchise QB is just a bad idea. I know we don't know what we have and that's the exact reason why I think we shouldn't trade him. I never said that I wanted to crown Rodgers as the starter when Favre retires but he is still young and until you know what you have, you just can't trade him away. As far as mechanics and arm strengh, i don't know enought about those things to comment on them. I just think sending Rodgers to Oakland would be like throwing away our 1st rounder from two years ago for a guy who could potentially be great again.

Secondly, The pre-season is a joke and shouldn't be counted for anything and in addition to that, it's to hard to judge a player progress. Rodgers may not have had great games during the PS, but who really does, and if they do, is it because they are playing against guys who should be on the practice squad?

Thridly, I agree with you that they need to draft another QB to compete with Martin and learn the offense.

I want Randy Moss on the Packers, but not if the price is to high and I think giving up on Rodgers now would be a terrible mistake. But that's just me.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post

Grade= C
Grade=F our first day was a joke.

Aaron Rodgers is the future of our team until he proves otherwise. trading him for Moss would be stupid.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

My new mock draft involves a bunch of trades and a Drew Stanton pick

Old 03-07-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
GadoR'Savior
Rookie

GadoR'Savior needs more cowbell.

Ingel> A-Rod!! Ingel is a great athlete nice arm, good size and the only reason he left Florida was because they recuited the best QB in the Nation coming out of high school Chris Leak. I think he ran like a 4.6 40 i think to at the combine last year. Not to forget he just has a tight first name haha. If they trade A-Rod they can just draft another QB to learn under Favre for a year like Kolb, Stanton
Old 03-07-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Prince, I agree that Moss can still play at a high level but giving away a potential franchise QB is just a bad idea. I know we don't know what we have and that's the exact reason why I think we shouldn't trade him. I never said that I wanted to crown Rodgers as the starter when Favre retires but he is still young and until you know what you have, you just can't trade him away. As far as mechanics and arm strengh, i don't know enought about those things to comment on them. I just think sending Rodgers to Oakland would be like throwing away our 1st rounder from two years ago for a guy who could potentially be great again.

Secondly, The pre-season is a joke and shouldn't be counted for anything and in addition to that, it's to hard to judge a player progress. Rodgers may not have had great games during the PS, but who really does, and if they do, is it because they are playing against guys who should be on the practice squad?

Thridly, I agree with you that they need to draft another QB to compete with Martin and learn the offense.

I want Randy Moss on the Packers, but not if the price is to high and I think giving up on Rodgers now would be a terrible mistake. But that's just me.
You talked about potential with both Moss and Rodgers. Moss has played at the highest level with great success and we know what he COULD do, but with Rodgers he has no track record and he COULD be anywhere froma 1st round bust to a franchise quarterback but he hasn't proven he can be the latter of the two right now

Old 03-07-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadoR'Savior View Post
Ingel> A-Rod!! Ingel is a great athlete nice arm, good size and the only reason he left Florida was because they recuited the best QB in the Nation coming out of high school Chris Leak. I think he ran like a 4.6 40 i think to at the combine last year. Not to forget he just has a tight first name haha. If they trade A-Rod they can just draft another QB to learn under Favre for a year like Kolb, Stanton
Like the two QB options at the end, especially Stanton :)

Old 03-07-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kolb would look pretty stupid on the back of a Green Bay jersey...there haha that's my 2 cents
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOW! you guys have to have to belive that Rodgers is the guy because TT does.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

Quote:
You talked about potential with both Moss and Rodgers. Moss has played at the highest level with great success and we know what he COULD do, but with Rodgers he has no track record and he COULD be anywhere froma 1st round bust to a franchise quarterback but he hasn't proven he can be the latter of the two right now
you still don't just trade away the guy who looks to be your future, farve didn't prove anything in atlanta before we traded for him. Moss is washed up, I hate him and I do not want to see the future of our offense leave so farve can throw to Moss for a season

Quote:
Old 03-08-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadoR'Savior View Post
I thought he was a punter when he was at Florida.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote