Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

ds8582 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
I thought he was a punter when he was at Florida.
He did punt but he was recruited as a QB.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Koter View Post
you still don't just trade away the guy who looks to be your future, farve didn't prove anything in atlanta before we traded for him. Moss is washed up, I hate him and I do not want to see the future of our offense leave so farve can throw to Moss for a season
Favre in Atlanta is a terrible argument to compare him to Rodgers. Brett coming out of college had a rocket arm but some interesting mechanics and he hadn't done anything for anybody to think less of him. Rodgers doesn't have that great of an arm and his feet aren't that quick and he hasn't shown the Packers anything in the preseason to give them reasons to trust him once Favre steps down.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
PacMan
Rookie

PacMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Thumbs up

Rodgers is NOT the future of our franchise!! He has done nothing to be called that. Our O-Line, Jennings, Collins, Kampman, Jenkins, etc. etc. those are the future. They have proven themselves so far. Not supplying are stud QB Favre with the proper talent NOW would be stupid. As far as Im concerned Ingle Martin has shown more because every time Rodgers has stepped on the field he has fumbled thrown a pick or get sacked. Yes I said it. You can call me out by name if you wish you coward. Get over him. Yes he was a 1st round pick but so was Ahmad Carrol.

Also STOP making new threads that are completely irrelevant to what's going on. Joe Horn has 2 threads and he never even came to GB. If you're unhappy with TT's inaction so far post a comment on this thread or the TT lovestravaganza one. There is already a bunch of garbage on here.

I am happy there is finally a 2 sided argumeny here. It reminds me of the whole Hawk or Mario argument last year. I say Rodgers for Moss all the way to the bank!!!!
Old 03-08-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan View Post
Rodgers is NOT the future of our franchise!! He has done nothing to be called that. Our O-Line, Jennings, Collins, Kampman, Jenkins, etc. etc. those are the future. They have proven themselves so far. Not supplying are stud QB Favre with the proper talent NOW would be stupid. As far as Im concerned Ingle Martin has shown more because every time Rodgers has stepped on the field he has fumbled thrown a pick or get sacked. Yes I said it. You can call me out by name if you wish you coward. Get over him. Yes he was a 1st round pick but so was Ahmad Carrol.

Also STOP making new threads that are completely irrelevant to what's going on. Joe Horn has 2 threads and he never even came to GB. If you're unhappy with TT's inaction so far post a comment on this thread or the TT lovestravaganza one. There is already a bunch of garbage on here.

I am happy there is finally a 2 sided argumeny here. It reminds me of the whole Hawk or Mario argument last year. I say Rodgers for Moss all the way to the bank!!!!

Yeah, he hasn't done anything yet to indicate he's going to be the packers future huh? Kinda hard to do that in two quarters off football. The jury is still out on Rodgers and people need to stop saying he is, or isn't the future because he hasn't had a chance to prove himself yet.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
jpapa4490
Rookie

jpapa4490 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I can see where people want moss but why are people sold on him being a savior for us. Some people are completely oblivious to the other side of moss's history. UPs- Great size and speed and great deep threat.
Downs- Horrible personality and could be a bad influence on a young franchise. To be honest don't TT to make this move. GB is on the rise and will only get better and getting moss is to much of a risk IMO.
jpapa4490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Hallelujiah!!!!

Old 03-08-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpapa4490 View Post
I can see where people want moss but why are people sold on him being a savior for us. Some people are completely oblivious to the other side of moss's history. UPs- Great size and speed and great deep threat.
Downs- Horrible personality and could be a bad influence on a young franchise. To be honest don't TT to make this move. GB is on the rise and will only get better and getting moss is to much of a risk IMO.
But if there's one person Moss respects in this league it is Brett Favre and Moss will not ruin the chemistry on this team b/c he knows who's in charge and he'll keep his mouth shut

Old 03-08-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Yeah, he hasn't done anything yet to indicate he's going to be the packers future huh? Kinda hard to do that in two quarters off football. The jury is still out on Rodgers and people need to stop saying he is, or isn't the future because he hasn't had a chance to prove himself yet.

I think that Rodgers can still go either way, but i would give up the chance that he could replace Favre to get a player like Moss to help us win right now with Favre still there. Theres no telling that Favre is going to retire even after this next year, especially if they have a good year this year and show continued improvement. I think moving Rodgers would be best for the Packers and for him. Letting Rodgers sit another would only hinder his development more and sending him to Oakland would give him an opportunity to start. As it is Rodgers has sat 2 years and it will take time for him to get down the endurance for a whole season, let alone getting used to playing in the NFL. If he sits another season it would mean that it has been even longer since he played a meaningful game or string of games. I'm not sure if he can jump right in and play a whole season after sitting 3 seasons. I would take my chances and trade him for Moss than draft another QB this year.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

This is insane, PacMan, Ingle Martin has shown more promise then Rodgers? Where do you guys come up with this stuff? The bottom line is that you don't trade POTENTIAL franchise QB's away. In Green Bay we have been spoiled with one for 16 years now, now you guys just wanna give up on Rodgers because he fumbled a snap or got sacked in a meaningless pre-season game or blow-out loss. Come on, give me a break.

Look how hard it is to find a franchise QB. Who thought Brett Favre was a franchise QB? not one damn person did. Chicago and Miami haven't had stable QB's for a while now and we MAY have one and before he takes the field with the #1 offense in a meaningful game you wanted him traded for a vet. with alot of question marks that may not be with the team after brett retires. I just don't understand that logic at all.

I want Moss to be a Packer, but not if it costs us Rodgers. GM's not only have to think about the upcoming year, but years to come, and until we see Rodgers in a meaningful game we'll never know what he is and trading him would be a bad move.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
GadoR'Savior
Rookie

GadoR'Savior needs more cowbell.

Quote:

Great post, im right there with ya!!
Old 03-08-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
GadoR'Savior
Rookie

Hey we already let are franchise QB go (Craig Nall) at least when he was in in the preseason or in blowouts he played decent. I like A-Rod bout he really isnt that special and if you remember every player that has ever had his college QB coach has busted every first round one! (I forgot the coaches name)
I think Ryan Leaf
Akili Smith
Joey Harrington
Kyle Boller (which i still think he is great and needs to be a packer)
and theres more that i cant remember
Old 03-08-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Are you calling me a coward becasue were having argument? I'll agree that he has no experience and has not proven himself but to say you want to trade him and depend on marting ingle as the qb that would proceed favre is just rediculus, I'm not making any treads, and I wanted hawk last year. Yess, see you guys later going on vacation to the UP, snowmobiling and visiting Northern Michigan for college, peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
jpapa4490
Rookie

jpapa4490 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadoR'Savior View Post
Hey we already let are franchise QB go (Craig Nall) at least when he was in in the preseason or in blowouts he played decent. I like A-Rod bout he really isnt that special and if you remember every player that has ever had his college QB coach has busted every first round one! (I forgot the coaches name)
I think Ryan Leaf
Akili Smith
Joey Harrington
Kyle Boller (which i still think he is great and needs to be a packer)
and theres more that i cant remember
Remember the Penn state RB curse, then BOOM, larry johnson
jpapa4490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
GadoR'Savior
Rookie

Haha true. Well these are the 1st rounders produced by Jeff Tedford; Akili Smith, Trent Dilfer, Joey Harrington, David Carr, and Kyle Boller. Sad to say that Dilfer has had the best career out of all them. Carr was just placed on a bad team and Boller just didn't have WR or time to learn under a older QB.

If they trade Rodgers we trade for Boller a year behind McNair and Favre he will be the star we really should be...IMO and i bet im the only one haha
Old 03-08-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughrider30 View Post
I think that Rodgers can still go either way, but i would give up the chance that he could replace Favre to get a player like Moss to help us win right now with Favre still there. Theres no telling that Favre is going to retire even after this next year, especially if they have a good year this year and show continued improvement. I think moving Rodgers would be best for the Packers and for him. Letting Rodgers sit another would only hinder his development more and sending him to Oakland would give him an opportunity to start. As it is Rodgers has sat 2 years and it will take time for him to get down the endurance for a whole season, let alone getting used to playing in the NFL. If he sits another season it would mean that it has been even longer since he played a meaningful game or string of games. I'm not sure if he can jump right in and play a whole season after sitting 3 seasons. I would take my chances and trade him for Moss than draft another QB this year.

What the hell has Moss done lately to prove he stil has the abililty to produce like he used to? Don't give me this " he plays for Oakland" BS. He dosen't try or work hard and it is starting to catch up with him. He does not belong in GB.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Mwkick
Rookie

Mwkick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really don't think Rodgers is the future. He's so damn indecisive. At least Favre didn't hesitate. Atlanta knew he had talent, Glanville just didn't like his attitude.

I agree with PacMan. Even tho it's pointless to even discuss this trade because all the "experts" say there's no validity to the report. Oakland doesnt' want Rodgers. And like I said earlier, no sane man would. he's a back up at best. And even then I like Martin...even tho TT should have drafted Gradkowski.

I want moss. And all those haters....by week 2 you'd love him in Green and Gold.
Mwkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
GadoR'Savior
Rookie

This isn't cuz of this forum cuz most the people on here have common sense bout i was readin a few other Packer forums
Im not sure if its me but it drive anyone crazy, like nuts when people talk about someone not being a packer person!?!?! Or doesnt belong in Green Bay cuz he has off field problems and stuff like that. Not callin u out Titletown cuz i get what ur say cuz he hasnt tryed and u think he wont try here, which i unsterstand your point of view and respect it, but i just mean in general.

Green Bay is the best place in the league for a trouble maker cuz there aint sh*t to do in Green Bay to get yourself in trouble, second winning is more important than someone havin an attitude. If anyone believes in "Packer people" then there is no reason in hell u should have been an Ahman "beat my wife" Green fan. Which i know EVERY single one was! Hyprocrites.

People always talk bout how we cant draft someone or sign someone cause there not Packer people. Which if that person can make the team better give him a chance. Like Pac-man Jones, would you give him a chance?? I sure as hell will. If hes in Green Bay the only time he'd get in trouble is durin the off-season.

Just to let you know im also a Bengals fan, so i've seen both sides and i mean the Packers and Bengals ar TOTAL extremes haha so maybe thats why it bugs me so much.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't believe that this is a meaningful argument as i don't think the trade will happen anyways, but this is getting ridiculous. saying that Rodgers hasn't proven anything is stupid because he hasn't gotten the chance. the few games that he's gone into were already lost and we didn't have any chance of getting back into them. he wasn't spectacular last preseason but he played pretty well and didn't make too many mistakes. why would we want to trade away a first round pick, who hasn't done anything wrong, for a receiver with an attitude problem that hasn't done anything over the last few years. like i said before, Aaron Rodgers is our future QB until he proves otherwise.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
GadoR'Savior
Rookie

Well im pretty sure Hasselback, Brooks, Nall (well hes stuck behind Buffalo's Franchise now but yeah) and others at least kinda have shown somethin when they have had a very little opurtunity! To me he has shown as much as Tim Couch bout with more oppurtunity that he hasnt shown anything. But that trade WILL NOT happen so we shouldnt fight over the trade but the point if he is the future or not! I think he should prob get a chance but i dont care he doesnt. I like Stanton more and well lets not forget I started a Ingel Martin Fan club durin the season with all my friends we almost had some jerseys made! haha it was more of a joke bout i still like him.

Point is THIS season he needs to prove his worth with EVERY SINGLE LITTLE oppurtunity he gets no matter how big or small. If we dont see anything showin hes it well start lookin around. I want him succeed but i just have feelin he wont.

Bold prediction Ingel shows more this pre-season
Old 03-08-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really Rodgers and Stanton are about equal when it comes to their draft value. Rodgers was picked in a bad QB year and had he been drafted this year would have been competing w/ Stanton to try and be the 3rd QB picked.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Mwkick
Rookie

Mwkick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Gado I agree almost completely. Regardless of the situation you're put in, you should at least prove something. You're giving Rodgers the same excuse people say you shouldn't give moss. That offense was pathetic. Name ONE person in that offense that shined. You can't. Rodgers played garbage time, but still looked awful. I'm just saying. Even that Titans preseason game...they had their starters in. He played all but one series and looked horrible. I don't know when he has shown ANY promise, regardless of the situation.

I'm not arguing over the trade. It won't happen anyway. I'm just saying if that's our future, we better be ready to run the ball and build up that defense.

As for the "Green Bay" types of players....if you hate Moss for his off the field character, then you have to be distraught over last year'sKoren Robinson signing???? Seriously, that's a lame excuse. Get off the nice guy things. Favre was a drug addict. Ahman beat his wife. Rison and Eugene Robinson weren't the best character guys. Sharper is a man-*****. The last character guy was William Henderson...
Mwkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Gado had high character

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

I think its an interesting discussion and until TT makes a move, we have nothing else to talk about.

Speaking of that, Randy McMichael signed with the Rams according to ESPN, so he's gone. I'm not worried that TT isn't doing anything in Free Agency, but he better have one hell of a draft lined up.

If TT signs Griffth and trades for moss i'm ok with that, but he still has alot of work to do in the draft, like finding a third corner, a franchise back and another back to compete with Herron, and another pass rusher, a Wide Reciever, and maybe another OLB.

I just hope that his inactivity is for a reason.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:38 AM    (permalink
GadoR'Savior
Rookie

Im not going to lie i much rather get Meachem than Moss. Moss is at the end of his prime and like title always says he hasn't tried the last 2 years, so we dont know if he is the playmaker he once was, sure he can still make big plays but i think of Meachem is alot like Walker from what I've seen of him and thats who we are trying to replace.

This draft is loaded with quality safteys so we dont need that automatically in the first round TE Olsen is good but we need a guy who can block also so we dont need him in the 1st rd. RB who knows if Marshawn falls to us but if he doesn't there are many guys that are 3 rounders who'd fit perfect in ZBS like a Pittman, Bradshaw, Hunt.

I dont like that TT has pretty much said we dont want to win this year but just build though the draft actually i think its almost disrespectful 2 Favre all that he has done for this team and in his last chance to get another ring they wont give him players to make almost possible.

As of right now you cant make a run with what we have on offense

Catching the ball: Driver Jennings and Franks
Running the ball: Morency, Heeron, Beach

You MUST get another wide reciever to open up the field for driver to get ride of doubles (driver is an animal 1 on 1) then Jennings will get all kinds of mismatches in the slot.

I believe in Morency but he does need a complament, remember next years RB class is loaded unless most decide to stay for there senior seasons. So we can afford not to get Lynch and just pick up a guy later who can be a good compliment and maybe break out like Jones-Drew and we wont need to draft another one.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

ds8582 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadoR'Savior View Post
Well im pretty sure Hasselback, Brooks, Nall (well hes stuck behind Buffalo's Franchise now but yeah) and others at least kinda have shown somethin when they have had a very little opurtunity! To me he has shown as much as Tim Couch bout with more oppurtunity that he hasnt shown anything. But that trade WILL NOT happen so we shouldnt fight over the trade but the point if he is the future or not! I think he should prob get a chance but i dont care he doesnt. I like Stanton more and well lets not forget I started a Ingel Martin Fan club durin the season with all my friends we almost had some jerseys made! haha it was more of a joke bout i still like him.

Point is THIS season he needs to prove his worth with EVERY SINGLE LITTLE oppurtunity he gets no matter how big or small. If we dont see anything showin hes it well start lookin around. I want him succeed but i just have feelin he wont.

Bold prediction Ingel shows more this pre-season

Against 3rd string players!!!