Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its really getting me mad everytime i go to a packers forum all i see is ppl bashing TT, it happens every year.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
its really getting me mad everytime i go to a packers forum all i see is ppl bashing TT, it happens every year.
I hate it to, your sig says it all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

ds8582 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Koter View Post
I hate it to, your sig says it all!!
Love the mantra under your sig.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
PacMan
Rookie

PacMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So let's talk about Nick Barnett. He's gone public with the fact that he wants a new contract. If anyone on this team deserves one it's him. He's plays hard all the time and is very talented and young. he had to deal with 3 new coordinators and defensive schemes in 3 years. He watched his first practice from across the street because he wasn't allowed on the field yet for cryin out loud. I hope TT gets this taken care of. He has been a bright spot on this team and will be for years to come.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed - Barnett should be signed to a long term extension, front loaded since we currently are sitting on a pile of cap room. He's high character, a leader, plays hurt (last year's club), and until AJ came along was the stand out in terms of tackles. He should definitely be signed to a lucrative extension.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the FO is waiting to see what happens w/ Moss before they decide on how to structure Barnett's contract. If they don't get Moss they will probably frontload the hell outta it I would assume.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I think the FO is waiting to see what happens w/ Moss before they decide on how to structure Barnett's contract. If they don't get Moss they will probably frontload the hell outta it I would assume.
Yeah that would probably be the case

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in agreement about Barnett. We should definitely extend him for a number of years.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Looks like we got Walker:

MILWAUKEE -- The Green Bay Packers signed free agent cornerback Frank Walker to a one-year deal that could be worth nearly $1.5 million with incentives, agent Harold Lewis said Tuesday.

Frank Walker
Walker

Lewis said Walker, who spent the past four seasons with the New York Giants, will compete for the Packers' nickel cornerback job next season.

Green Bay's Al Harris and Charles Woodson are one of the NFL's best starting cornerback tandems, but the Packers struggled to find a consistent third cornerback last season.

Lewis said Walker might have been the Giants' best coverage cornerback last season, but Giants coach Tom Coughlin believed Walker was too aggressive.

"He's tough," Lewis said. "Sometimes, a little too tough."

In November, Walker delivered a big hit on Tennessee Titans cornerback Vince Young on a fourth-down play but was called for a personal foul to extend the drive. The Titans went on to score a touchdown on the drive and won the game; Coughlin called the play "stupid."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2797432
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire View Post
Looks like we got Walker:

MILWAUKEE -- The Green Bay Packers signed free agent cornerback Frank Walker to a one-year deal that could be worth nearly $1.5 million with incentives, agent Harold Lewis said Tuesday.

Frank Walker
Walker

Lewis said Walker, who spent the past four seasons with the New York Giants, will compete for the Packers' nickel cornerback job next season.

Green Bay's Al Harris and Charles Woodson are one of the NFL's best starting cornerback tandems, but the Packers struggled to find a consistent third cornerback last season.

Lewis said Walker might have been the Giants' best coverage cornerback last season, but Giants coach Tom Coughlin believed Walker was too aggressive.

"He's tough," Lewis said. "Sometimes, a little too tough."

In November, Walker delivered a big hit on Tennessee Titans cornerback Vince Young on a fourth-down play but was called for a personal foul to extend the drive. The Titans went on to score a touchdown on the drive and won the game; Coughlin called the play "stupid."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2797432
Well, chalk us up champions already. Walker=superbowl.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I smell a sense of sarcasm

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its not like walker is superman, but a good pickup anyway

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Quote:
Not sure what the purpose of the sarcasm was, but clearly Walker will have a positive effect on the secondary. He'll make a good nickel corner
Old 03-13-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would guess that anyone that the Packers draft is going to be the nickle.

Walker couldn't get playing time on a team that was starting R.W McQuarters.

Think about that.

R.W McQuarters.

You have no idea that he would be a good nickle corner. None. You just want him to be.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

Think about that.

R.W McQuarters.

You have no idea that he would be a good nickle corner. None. You just want him to be.
I'm still expecting Will Blackmon to step into the nickel spot if he can stay healthy. He's a baller.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Quote:

Think about that.

R.W McQuarters.

He's a veteran with more experience than a rookie that just got drafted. I'd rather have him be the nickel than a rookie.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
I'm still expecting Will Blackmon to step into the nickel spot if he can stay healthy. He's a baller.
yeah, i'm not big on Walker and still have high hopes for Blackmon. Not a bad signing, but by no means is it great.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
yeah, i'm not big on Walker and still have high hopes for Blackmon. Not a bad signing, but by no means is it great.
Blackmon will basically be a rookie next year because he got no experience playing in games last year. I don't know about you but I would want a veteran to hold down the fort at the nickel corner unless someone else steps up later in the year.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Think about that.

R.W McQuarters.

maybe if u read about him you will know why McQuarters was the nickel. Walker wasnt given playing time.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
maybe if u read about him you will know why McQuarters was the nickel. Walker wasnt given playing time.
And why do you think that is?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TT only signed Walker to a one year deal correct? He is just a temporary need filler until Blackmon or someone else develops.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:52 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Walker a solid athlete with 4.33 time at his combine. He'll be good on special teams like Ben Taylor and Tracy White. The roster is 53 deep, so you need guy who fill a role and can play teams, and who have experience playing to come in if a starter gets dinged. A guy who is really physical like Walker might do very well in GB's press coverage, versus Coughlin's defense.

Anyways, I am really hoping the Packers get a TE with some speed. The only "fast" one is Olsen, but the interview with Ben Patrick was a good one. He has better speed than Bubba, which isn't saying much. Just goes to show when you draft for need versus drafting BPA, that you end up taking a guy higher than he should have gone. bubba went to the Pro Bowl a couple times by default, but he's a #2 guy, that TE who can block and every now and then catch a pass. He is not a seam-splitting target, which I don't know if Patrick is either, but I think Patrick might be an Alge Crumpler guy, in that he blocks well, has good hands, and can get open. Also I'd like Tory Humphrey to do well in the off-season as the coaches were praising him as having the best hands on the team.

"Daniel "Bubba" Franks([dagger]) Miami (Fla.) 6-5, 265, 5.0(*)
Physical specimen who can do it all-block, catch and run. Could develop into a Pro Bowl-caliber performer Needs to improve his yards alter the catch. Could have used another year in college. Had a poor workout recently; he dropped a lot of balls and ran a slow 40."
5.0? We could send out just about any of our O-linemen to cover him. No wonder he had zero TDs last year.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Think about that.

R.W McQuarters.

Like stated earlier, Blackmon will be the nickel I would think.

they get smoked.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.
Default Packers want williams to stay.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=577897
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:41 AM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
thats good to see, I've liked Williams since the day we drafted him

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote