Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-15-2007, 10:51 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leroy Butler and Robert Brooks to be team HOF's if anyone didnt hear it yet.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

yeah thats good new, Leroy was a great player and a great guy, glad to hear it. BTW did any one else read his book? I read it in 7th grade and I thought it was pretty good stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Leroy Butler and Robert Brooks to be team HOF's if anyone didnt hear it yet.
They both deserve the honor

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Koter View Post
yeah thats good new, Leroy was a great player and a great guy, glad to hear it. BTW did any one else read his book? I read it in 7th grade and I thought it was pretty good stuff
I ve wanted to, so we also signed exclusive rights to Herron, whatever that means

Old 03-15-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I ve wanted to, so we also signed exclusive rights to Herron, whatever that means
It means that we reisigned him to a one year deal and the minimum.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Vic Carucci has Green Bay taking Kenny Irons with the 16th overall pick on NFl.com. hmm yeah I was thinking more of him in the 2nd round, but he is a good talent. I'm not sure about that mock tho. What do you all think?
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
So Vic Carucci has Green Bay taking Kenny Irons with the 16th overall pick on NFl.com. hmm yeah I was thinking more of him in the 2nd round, but he is a good talent. I'm not sure about that mock tho. What do you all think?
My take: good player to take by trading down in the first or second, bad player to take with the 16th pick. Great player to take with our second rounder.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
My take: good player to take by trading down in the first or second, bad player to take with the 16th pick. Great player to take with our second rounder.
Yes, 2ND ROUNDER!!!

Old 03-16-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
PackAttack

I still feel like Tony Hunt is our guy in the 2nd/3rd round.

This kid does it all...runs, catches, blocks. He has a very good first cut, is strong between the tackles, has good vision and, though he isn't a burner has a very good burst. He is a savvy route runner with good hands and blocks well. Very good ZBS prospect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFt_N9MLJu8
Old 03-16-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

ds8582 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
I saw that too. 2nd round would be awesome.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack View Post

This kid does it all...runs, catches, blocks. He has a very good first cut, is strong between the tackles, has good vision and, though he isn't a burner has a very good burst. He is a savvy route runner with good hands and blocks well. Very good ZBS prospect.

yeah I wasn't to sure about him and then from what I heard he had a pretty good senior bowl, I'd like to have him in the second if for one reason or another we didn't get lynch

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

id much rather get ramonce taylor in the 4th or later

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit View Post
id much rather get ramonce taylor in the 4th or later
Why gamble on him? Ramonce could be more "baggage" than needed if we get Moss. Hunt can do it all and is a powerful runner, he really impressed me in the senior bowl

Old 03-16-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Why gamble on him? Ramonce could be more "baggage" than needed if we get Moss. Hunt can do it all and is a powerful runner, he really impressed me in the senior bowl
yeah i think his "baggage" is no more then a carry on. its a risk reward type of thing and i have a feeling he will be drafted in the third

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit View Post
yeah i think his "baggage" is no more then a carry on. its a risk reward type of thing and i have a feeling he will be drafted in the third
In the 3rd??? That's certainly a stretch!

Old 03-16-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack View Post

I wouldn't mind Tony; he had a successful career and a solid week at the Senior bowl

Old 03-16-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Lorenzo Booker is the guy I'm interested in the late 2nd, third round.

He fits the system very well at 5'10 3/8, 191. 4.46 40. 26 reps of 225.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvPumoZFpl4
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JlsnDcoNKtI
Old 03-16-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Lorenzo Booker is the guy I'm interested in the late 2nd, third round.

He fits the system very well at 5'10 3/8, 191. 4.46 40. 26 reps of 225.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvPumoZFpl4
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JlsnDcoNKtI
Not really, the ZBS requires a RB to make one cut and run downhill. Booker is more in the mold of a poor man's Reggie Bush and dances too much. His talents would be wasted in our system.
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire View Post
Not really, the ZBS requires a RB to make one cut and run downhill. Booker is more in the mold of a poor man's Reggie Bush and dances too much. His talents would be wasted in our system.
I always thought the ZBS required small, quick RBs, much like Warrick Dunn and Jerius Norwood in ATL. I think thats one of the reasons Morency produced at a higher rate than Ahman this past year.

I still think he'd be good in our system.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Quote:
I always thought the ZBS required small, quick RBs, much like Warrick Dunn and Jerius Norwood in ATL. I think thats one of the reasons Morency produced at a higher rate than Ahman this past year.

I still think he'd be good in our system.
It is the lineman who have to be smaller and more athletic. All of them have to be able to move because the offensive line will often slant or move in a given direction on any given play. RB like Warrick Dunn are successful because they are one cut RB who are able to cut back very quickly. It is true that the running back has to be able to cut back, but he doesn't need to be small. As long as he has the athleticism to hit a hole when it appears, the RB will be successful. That is why guys like TJ Duckett couldn't do anything in Atlanta. He didn't have the agility to cut back like Dunn. Power running backs rarely work in the ZBS.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

Quote:
It is the lineman who have to be smaller and more athletic. All of them have to be able to move because the offensive line will often slant or move in a given direction on any given play. RB like Warrick Dunn are successful because they are one cut RB who are able to cut back very quickly. It is true that the running back has to be able to cut back, but he doesn't need to be small. As long as he has the athleticism to hit a hole when it appears, the RB will be successful. That is why guys like TJ Duckett couldn't do anything in Atlanta. He didn't have the agility to cut back like Dunn. Power running backs rarely work in the ZBS.

In terms of shear physical size, a smaller back would be advantageous in squeezing through small holes (talk about a double entendre). Booker is small, and his stengths are "agile and changes directions well...Patient runner with decent vision" and weaknesses "not very physical and won't break many tackles." (from Scott)

I don't know, seems like a good match to me...
Old 03-16-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Quote:
In terms of shear physical size, a smaller back would be advantageous in squeezing through small holes (talk about a double entendre). Booker is small, and his stengths are "agile and changes directions well...Patient runner with decent vision" and weaknesses "not very physical and won't break many tackles." (from Scott)

I don't know, seems like a good match to me...
I haven't seen him play too much so I might be mistaken on his style of play, but just based on his highlight reels and his scouting reports he wouldn't be a good fit. He's like Reggie Bush and dances around a lot. The ZBS requires the RB to make just one cut and then run downhill. Booker takes a lot more than one cut during his runs. It's true that he is agile, but he wouldn't be a good fit unless he severely altered his style of play.

I think this guy would make a much better fit for our system if miss Peterson and Lynch

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jFt_N9MLJu8
Old 03-16-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

Quote:
I haven't seen him play too much so I might be mistaken on his style of play, but just based on his highlight reels and his scouting reports he wouldn't be a good fit. He's like Reggie Bush and dances around a lot. The ZBS requires the RB to make just one cut and then run downhill. Booker takes a lot more than one cut during his runs. It's true that he is agile, but he wouldn't be a good fit unless he severely altered his style of play.

I think this guy would make a much better fit for our system if miss Peterson and Lynch

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jFt_N9MLJu8

I haven't seen much of Booker, but that one highlight versus ND is just that: one highlight. I'm sure he's not always like that. And reading his scouting report, he isn't.

And I agree Hunt would be a good fit also.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

* Just realized something, FSU ran the ZBS last year. No doubt in my mind he would be a great fit for us.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Quote:
* Just realized something, FSU ran the ZBS last year. No doubt in my mind he would be a great fit for us.
You could very well be right. I hope someone who has watched Booker a lot could clear this up. It just seems like he dances too much for the ZBS from what I've seen, but I could be wrong.