Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
So... how about our guards for '07? Ver' nice. \/
Nice sig!!!! :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
jpapa4490
Rookie

jpapa4490 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I dont kno but u guys but out of our 2 guards i think Spitz will be the better of those two. Granted there has only been one year to watch them, i like his toughness and mentality towards the game. what are ur guys opinions about them.
jpapa4490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpapa4490 View Post
I dont kno but u guys but out of our 2 guards i think Spitz will be the better of those two. Granted there has only been one year to watch them, i like his toughness and mentality towards the game. what are ur guys opinions about them.
Spitz easily had the best year out of the three rookie OL. However I think Colledge will develope into the best. Spitz should be solid and if nothing else Moll will be a very good backup, but I think Colledge will come out on top.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Spitz easily had the best year out of the three rookie OL. However I think Colledge will develope into the best. Spitz should be solid and if nothing else Moll will be a very good backup, but I think Colledge will come out on top.
100% correct

Old 03-19-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Daryn Colledge
aka The Alaskan aka LL Cool C
Pros: nimble feet, great lower body strength, good speed, great character, intelligent
Cons: not strong enough upper-body-wise, sometimes too overconfident sometimes a liability on run plays

Jason Spitz
aka Jason "I" Spitz "Hot Fire" aka Gorgeous Jason
Pros: good upper body strength, good punch, good run blocker
Cons: needs to work on pass pro technigue, not strong enough lower-body-wise

Showdown:

Upper body strength: Spitz (25 reps of 225, College: 21)
Lower body strength 1: Colledge (665 squat, Spitz: 585)
Lower body strength 2: Colledge (34.5 inch vert, Spitz: 31)
Lower body strength 3: Colledge (9'2" broad jump, Spitz: 8'6")
Core strength: Colledge (464 hang clean, Spitz: 379)
Speed: Colledge (4.93 40, Spitz: 5.17)
Quickness 1: Spitz (4.55 20-yard shuttle, Collegde: 4.58)
Quickness 2: Colledge (7.4 three-cone drill, Spitz: 7.82)
Hand size: Colledge (9 1/2 inches, Spitz: 9)
Arm length: Colledge (33 inches, Spitz: 31)

Physically, Colledge is the better player. Mentally, I'd give that edge to Spitz right now. Both are great guys and very good friends. They're each others' competition, and motivate each other to get better.

Right now, I'd give the overall edge to Colledge. There's a reason he was drafted in the second round and Spitz in the third.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, love the sig. These two have potential to be pretty good and lead the line for years to come. They both really came into their own near the end of the season. Hopefully a sophmore curse doesn't come to them.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Spitz is better right now but Colledge has better potential. I really like Moll. He showed a lot of promise considering he was a TE in college and hadn't played guard since peewee.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
I think Spitz is better right now but Colledge has better potential. I really like Moll. He showed a lot of promise considering he was a TE in college and hadn't played guard since peewee.
Agree completely, College struggled mightaly early on last year and didn't even start the first few games. He did improve though and became pretty good. I still give the edge to Spitz though.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

If this was a beauty contest, Jason would be the runaway winner.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

oh, in a heartbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Thats hot

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Note: This is not packer related, it badgers. One of their lineman had to end his carear. Heres the story. Really too bad. He was like a 4 star recruit out of high school
http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch.../2007&id=20799

Quote:
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Koter View Post
Note: This is not packer related, it badgers. One of their lineman had to end his carear. Heres the story. Really too bad. He was like a 4 star recruit out of high school
http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch.../2007&id=20799
Sorry to hear that, poor kid :(

Old 03-19-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Daryn Colledge
aka The Alaskan aka LL Cool C
Pros: nimble feet, great lower body strength, good speed, great character, intelligent
Cons: not strong enough upper-body-wise, sometimes too overconfident sometimes a liability on run plays

Jason Spitz
aka Jason "I" Spitz "Hot Fire" aka Gorgeous Jason
Pros: good upper body strength, good punch, good run blocker
Cons: needs to work on pass pro technigue, not strong enough lower-body-wise

Showdown:

Upper body strength: Spitz (25 reps of 225, College: 21)
Lower body strength 1: Colledge (665 squat, Spitz: 585)
Lower body strength 2: Colledge (34.5 inch vert, Spitz: 31)
Lower body strength 3: Colledge (9'2" broad jump, Spitz: 8'6")
Core strength: Colledge (464 hang clean, Spitz: 379)
Speed: Colledge (4.93 40, Spitz: 5.17)
Quickness 1: Spitz (4.55 20-yard shuttle, Collegde: 4.58)
Quickness 2: Colledge (7.4 three-cone drill, Spitz: 7.82)
Hand size: Colledge (9 1/2 inches, Spitz: 9)
Arm length: Colledge (33 inches, Spitz: 31)

Physically, Colledge is the better player. Mentally, I'd give that edge to Spitz right now. Both are great guys and very good friends. They're each others' competition, and motivate each other to get better.

Right now, I'd give the overall edge to Colledge. There's a reason he was drafted in the second round and Spitz in the third.
Nice comparison. I favor Spitz due to his attitude right now. It reminds me to some degree of the Marco Rivera/Mike Wahle comparison. Wahle took a while to get his stuff together, and when he did it was very impressive to watch him work and dominate with his athletic talent. Marco was just a scrapper and tough as nails and he fights every down. I liked Marco more, and I like Spitz for that same reason. Maybe Colledge will kick up the attitude and savage his opponents next season, or maybe he'll become a technician (a la Ken Ruetgers, one of the best) and just be responsible for yards and points.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
Nice comparison. I favor Spitz due to his attitude right now. It reminds me to some degree of the Marco Rivera/Mike Wahle comparison. Wahle took a while to get his stuff together, and when he did it was very impressive to watch him work and dominate with his athletic talent. Marco was just a scrapper and tough as nails and he fights every down. I liked Marco more, and I like Spitz for that same reason. Maybe Colledge will kick up the attitude and savage his opponents next season, or maybe he'll become a technician (a la Ken Ruetgers, one of the best) and just be responsible for yards and points.
Hey if those two turn out like Wahle and Rivera, everyone should praise TT

Old 03-19-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now what about the next Gen of OT's, its coming in 2-4 years
Moll, but who else?

Old 03-20-2007, 07:31 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Now what about the next Gen of OT's, its coming in 2-4 years
Moll, but who else?
we don't really have to worry about that now. i'd guess we snag someone in the latter rounds of a draft like we did with Moll.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:03 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
we don't really have to worry about that now. i'd guess we snag someone in the latter rounds of a draft like we did with Moll.
We don't have to worry about tackles right now!!!!

Old 03-20-2007, 09:12 AM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

ds8582 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
We don't have to worry about tackles right now!!!!
Maybe next year though. Tauscher and Clifton are getting old.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:20 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds8582 View Post
Maybe next year though. Tauscher and Clifton are getting old.
Moll or Colledge will be one of the replacements and we only need to find one for Tauscher eventually; we'll be alright

Old 03-20-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I don't know if this was mentioned but LB kurt campbell was released

Old 03-20-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

ds8582 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Yeah I read that. No big loss but I was kinda rooting for him to contribute this year.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:29 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds8582 View Post
Yeah I read that. No big loss but I was kinda rooting for him to contribute this year.
I really wonder what he could've contributed as a special teamer if he had been healthy

Old 03-20-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
aic4ever
Veteran

aic4ever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I really wonder what he could've contributed as a special teamer if he had been healthy
Blocks and tackles.
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.

-Vince Lombardi
aic4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
wast he the first ever player drafted out of albany st?