Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

^ good post.

Gado, your sig is a tad large.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
GadoR'Savior
Rookie

GadoR'Savior needs more cowbell.

yeah im try to fix it
Old 04-05-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
^ good post.

Gado, your sig is a tad large.
just a bit big

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I see what your saying and understand, and yes I do agree that sometimes you do need some help from FA and trades but you build your team with draft picks. I would love for turner to come to green bay, I just think that a 1st and 3rd are too much for the guy. Randy moss will not be around when the packers devlop into a super bowl contender. Thats a couple years down the road and to trade a guy thats been devolping in the packers and looks to be the future of the QB postion in Rodger, for a guy that'll play with Farve for his last year or two and thats it I just don't deem it worthy. Isn't the goal of everything a team does a goal of the super bowl victory and to think otherwise and just help out a legend in his last two years just doesn't make sense to me. Yeah we could get another QB in the draft but then that QB will be another 3-4 years before he's even considered a good quality QB. And by that time I think this team will be it's prime and we don't want an unexperienced QB holding us back from that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Koter View Post
I see what your saying and understand, and yes I do agree that sometimes you do need some help from FA and trades but you build your team with draft picks. I would love for turner to come to green bay, I just think that a 1st and 3rd are too much for the guy. Randy moss will not be around when the packers devlop into a super bowl contender. Thats a couple years down the road and to trade a guy thats been devolping in the packers and looks to be the future of the QB postion in Rodger, for a guy that'll play with Farve for his last year or two and thats it I just don't deem it worthy. Isn't the goal of everything a team does a goal of the super bowl victory and to think otherwise and just help out a legend in his last two years just doesn't make sense to me. Yeah we could get another QB in the draft but then that QB will be another 3-4 years before he's even considered a good quality QB. And by that time I think this team will be it's prime and we don't want an unexperienced QB holding us back from that.
I'm pretty sure Moss will not be a Packer due to the fact that the Raiders said they want to keep him and I'm sure it would be touhg for the Raiders and Pack to agree to a deal. In regard to Turner, he is a quality back but he isn't quite worth the price that the Chargers are looking for and if the Chargers don't lower that price they will see him walk next year without getting anything in return.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Moss will not be a Packer due to the fact that the Raiders said they want to keep him and I'm sure it would be touhg for the Raiders and Pack to agree to a deal. In regard to Turner, he is a quality back but he isn't quite worth the price that the Chargers are looking for and if the Chargers don't lower that price they will see him walk next year without getting anything in return.
I agree with what your saying, I really don't think moss will become a packer.

Quote:
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Koter View Post
I agree with what your saying, I really don't think moss will become a packer.
I wouldn't be so sure Randy won't be moved. I think Al wants Cj pretty bad.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I wouldn't be so sure Randy won't be moved. I think Al wants Cj pretty bad.
But does Al want Andrew Walter as his QB??? I don't think so.

Old 04-05-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But does Al want Andrew Walter as his QB??? I don't think so.
It doesn't matter who the quarterback is. There is an overall reason Brooks and Walter both failed. Some of it probably was due to their overall lack of competance to be starting QB's, but most of it was because of the terrible supporting cast that they were surrounded with.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Last edited by Boston : 04-05-2007 at 04:27 PM.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
It doesn't matter who the quarterback is. There is an overall reason Brooks and Walter both failed. Some of it probably was due to their overall lack of competance to be starting QB's, but most of it was because of the terrible supporting cast that they were surrounded with.
Al does have more of an interest in an African American QB that can play. If Moss and Porter are there and Russell is QB the Raiders will be a threat if they have any better of an O-Line

Old 04-05-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Mwkick
Rookie

Mwkick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I see what you're saying M1. I still don't think it would be a bad thing to bring in Moss. He could immediately stretch the field and take some pressure off any offensive rookie.
Mwkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Mwkick
Rookie

And not to nitpick, but I don't think Al just looks to see if the qb is black. He's just looking for what seems to be the trend....an athletic qb.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwkick View Post
And not to nitpick, but I don't think Al just looks to see if the qb is black. He's just looking for what seems to be the trend....an athletic qb.
Which, not to sound racist, is the black quarterback.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
PackAttack

I'd just like to toss this out here regarding TT's lack of movement this offseason so far and what will happen after Brett leaves...

Heres my thing....in this league it is no longer such a big deal for a rookie QB or first year starter to succeed. If the QB has a strong supporting cast he can do well (Phillip Rivers, Big Ben) or sometimes even just on pure talent alone (Vince Young). True, Rogers will not have had much game-time experience come next year but....

1) He will have had 3 years of watching Favre play and being tutored by him
2) He will have had 3 years of assimilating our offense
3) He will have a strong supporting cast by next year after this year's draft, next year's draft and some solid FA moves next year when we have a TON of cap space.

Rogers will be put in prime position to succeed if he has to start next year. He is unproven, yes, but if he has any talent indiciative of his draft position and "hype" coming in to the league he will do just fine.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't expect anything else to happen with Moss anymore. The rumor seems to have died, which is a good thing in my opinion.

I like how TT has handled the offseason so far. It was a weak FA class and there was a lot of overpaying so i'm happy we stayed out of it.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Mwkick
Rookie

I agree. I'm just curious...how much experience do you get watching someone? I've been watching brett for years now....

I think next year, they will be in a real good position. Especially with the cap space, they can use that to add the final few pieces of the puzzle. They need a playmaker. I'm curious to see how Rodgers does.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the idea of signing a big name free agent in the next couple years. We will have a ton of salary cap and when Favre leaves it will only get bigger. It would have to be someone in the mold of like an Adalius Thomas, in potential and playmaking ability.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.
Default Lynch or Olsen?

THURSDAY, April 5, 2007, 10 p.m.

Lynch or Olsen?
Rob Rang of The Sports Xchange participated in an online chat at USAToday.com and discussed the Green Bay Packers’ options in the NFL draft.

The question posed to Rang centered on whether the Packers would select California running back Marshawn Lynch or Miami (Fla.) tight end Greg Olsen if both players were still available in the first round.

Said Rang: “Lynch would fill a bigger hole, in my opinion, and is a better fit for what Green Bay does. That said, if there is one pick that everyone seems to agree on in mock drafts it is the Packers taking Lynch. Because of this fact, I think it most likely won't happen. Ted Thompson is an excellent judge of talent and has as good of a poker face as anyone in the business. Running back and tight ends are clear needs for the Packers, but Thompson will take the best available player, positional needs be damned.”
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anything can happen draft day. I cant wait :) i need a draft patch lol :)
Old 04-06-2007, 01:47 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
THURSDAY, April 5, 2007, 10 p.m.

Lynch or Olsen?
Rob Rang of The Sports Xchange participated in an online chat at USAToday.com and discussed the Green Bay Packers’ options in the NFL draft.

The question posed to Rang centered on whether the Packers would select California running back Marshawn Lynch or Miami (Fla.) tight end Greg Olsen if both players were still available in the first round.

Said Rang: “Lynch would fill a bigger hole, in my opinion, and is a better fit for what Green Bay does. That said, if there is one pick that everyone seems to agree on in mock drafts it is the Packers taking Lynch. Because of this fact, I think it most likely won't happen. Ted Thompson is an excellent judge of talent and has as good of a poker face as anyone in the business. Running back and tight ends are clear needs for the Packers, but Thompson will take the best available player, positional needs be damned.”
Nice article. I agree with TT on this, and if you have a particular player that is graded higher than in your need positions, you take that player. Lynch and Olsen meet needs, and I favor Olsen, but if Landry or Okoye slide down, then you take them if they are tops on your board. If Levi Brown is there at #16, TT has to think about him even with our current tackle situation being OK.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:08 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
Nice article. I agree with TT on this, and if you have a particular player that is graded higher than in your need positions, you take that player. Lynch and Olsen meet needs, and I favor Olsen, but if Landry or Okoye slide down, then you take them if they are tops on your board. If Levi Brown is there at #16, TT has to think about him even with our current tackle situation being OK.
Landry would be a need as well but if Brown was available we wouldn't take him.

Old 04-06-2007, 07:27 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=587461

Take it for what it is; I guess no suprises

Old 04-06-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have this weird feeling that Lorenzo Booker is going to end up
being a Packer. I think FS shouldn't be so quickly cast aside if
Landry isn't there. You have to put both Griffin and Nelson "in the mix"
when talking about potential 1st round draft picks.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope by FS you meant SS, because at FS I think we are pretty set with Nick Collins.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ummm I did put FS and not SS
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote