Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack View Post
I doubt we go after him but....

what do you think the chances are we go after Keyshawn Johnson now that he got cut?

He could be a pretty solid #3 if he'd be willing to play that role and would be a great guy to teach our younger wideouts for a year or two.
No. I wouldn't mind it, but then we'd have to cut someone else. Thompson will rather keep his young drafted guys than Keyshawn Johnson. But think about this WR corp: Driver/Jennings/Johnson/Clowney/Jones.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
PackAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
No. I wouldn't mind it, but then we'd have to cut someone else. Thompson will rather keep his young drafted guys than Keyshawn Johnson. But think about this WR corp: Driver/Jennings/Johnson/Clowney/Jones.
Exactly! I doubt it will happen but that would be a VERY SOLID WR group.

That's 3 guys fully capable of 70 receptions. And having Driver and Johnson as mentors would be huge for the younger guys development.

Oh well....nice to dream :)
Old 05-01-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KJ isnt worth a dime and we just signed UDFA Tristan Burge, S, Eastern Illinois.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly! I doubt it will happen but that would be a VERY SOLID WR group.

That's 3 guys fully capable of 70 receptions. And having Driver and Johnson as mentors would be huge for the younger guys development.

Oh well....nice to dream :)
I would like to see Keyshawn added to the roster and then the Packers could cut or trade Martin and Ferguson and then DD and KJ can mentor Jennings, Jones, and Clowney

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KJ will be in ESPN replacing Michael Ervin.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
KJ will be in ESPN replacing Michael Ervin.
That would be great! I hate Irvin with a passion.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
PackAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
That would be great! I hate Irvin with a passion.
Me too...he's a total douche
Old 05-01-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
narf029
Rookie

narf029 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.narf029 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Me too...he's a total douche
This might just be me... but did anybody else think Keyshawn and Michael Irvin are basically the exact same analyst? If Keyshawn remotely resembled Michael Irvin I wouldn't have even noticed a change. The best was when Keyshawn brought himself into the comparisons for all the good big WRs lol. I wouldn't really want him though for Green Bay. Besides, he wants a SB so he'd probably sign with a team that he KNOWS has a SB roster (not to take anything away from GB's team)
narf029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.davidclowney.com/

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:53 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
nice sig!!

Old 05-02-2007, 07:20 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just heard on the radio that John Stocco will try out for us at rookie mini-camps. I doubt he'll beat out Ingle, but I love that we're brining him in.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:50 AM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd love to see them at least keep Stocco for a practice squad

Quote:
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Bring in keshawn, the team desperately needs veterans that can catch the ball at receiver and tight end. The rookies need to be groomed not thrown into the fire. Every team should play to win expecting anything less is just poor leadership on managements part.
Not saying the roster should be nothing but veterans with low upsides and no potential to be great, but a reasonal mix to be functional on offence or defense should be common sense. There may be more opportunities before the season but something needs to be done.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Keshawn may be a pest, but he is no crack smoking punk rapist with a large list of felony type run ins with the law.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

In fact I just remembered the time irvin pulled a knife out on a teamate in a locker room. Irvin is just a pathetic human. Keshawn is just self centered and overly demanding at times. Nothing good coaches cant handle. The 2 people really are completely different other than the self centered type attitudes.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Its also inevidable that larger than usual amounts of draft picks are going to be cut when you draft 33 or 34 players mostly in the lower rounds over the last 3 years, which is what happens when you take quantity over quality in back to back to back years. Not saying the strategy is bad, but at some point there is no room on the roster or a reasonable amount of established pros.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanna bring in Key. Hes not the idiot he once was and is a decent 2 or 3

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
Its also inevidable that larger than usual amounts of draft picks are going to be cut when you draft 33 or 34 players mostly in the lower rounds over the last 3 years, which is what happens when you take quantity over quality in back to back to back years. Not saying the strategy is bad, but at some point there is no room on the roster or a reasonable amount of established pros.
Thats really not a bad thing, if we have to cut quality players, that just means the players we kept are even better. It provides us with quality depth, we don't have to depend on just one guy to devlop for a potstion, we can have a number of guys competing, and with so many 2nd day guys, someone is destined to be a suprise

Quote:
Old 05-02-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
PackAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Koter View Post
Thats really not a bad thing, if we have to cut quality players, that just means the players we kept are even better. It provides us with quality depth, we don't have to depend on just one guy to devlop for a potstion, we can have a number of guys competing, and with so many 2nd day guys, someone is destined to be a suprise
I agree. Bringing in that much youth creates an atmosphere of competition. It brings out the best in players when they know there are 2 or 3 other guys fighting for the same position. They then have to really make an impression to make the roster.

I don't mind having some tough cuts in the end if it means we end up with a team full of quality depth.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
I agree. Bringing in that much youth creates an atmosphere of competition. It brings out the best in players when they know there are 2 or 3 other guys fighting for the same position. They then have to really make an impression to make the roster.

I don't mind having some tough cuts in the end if it means we end up with a team full of quality depth.
If you have to cut quality players it just shows how deep and talented your team is and with as young as the Packers are, it shows how deep our young talent is.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Nice summation of the draft for a lot of Packers fans.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Koter View Post
I'd love to see them at least keep Stocco for a practice squad
Yeah, I'm hoping he makes it on our practice squad, as I don't see him beating out Ingle.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Just thought I'd post this here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
I'll homeristically toss the Green Bay Packers' Defensive Line into the mix (for the best 4-3 DL).

For 4-3 teams, Green Bay was second in the NFL with 46 sacks, trailing Miami's 47, and first in sack yards at 337. They were 8th (again, for 4-3 DLs) in rushing yards at 1825, but the bulk of this number came prior to Cullen Jenkins' ascension to the LDE position. Jenkins was hampered with an ankle injury to begin the year, and did not regain full strength towards the middle of the season.

Aaron Kampman set the benchmark for all 4-3 DEs with 89 tackles and 15.5 sacks, both tops for the position. DT Ryan Pickett was second among 4-3 DTs with 64 tackles. DT Corey Williams was third among 4-3 DTs with 7 sacks. Jenkins chipped in 6.5 sacks, and Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila added 6.

This past week, Green Bay drafted a fully healthy Justin Harrell, a run-stopping DT to team with 322 lb. Ryan Pickett on first and second down. Along with 270 lb. Kampman and 295 lb. Jenkins at the DE spots, the DL figures to be a force against the run. On passing downs, the speedy KGB would replace Jenkins, who would slide over to DT, Corey Williams would come in at the second DT spot, and Kampman would remain in. These are the Packers four best pass rushers, and look to pick up where they left off in '06.

I'm looking forward to seeing what this group is capable of doing. Another thing to add is that Pickett and Harrell will help keep blockers off Nick Barnett and A.J. Hawk, a characteristic of most good run defenses.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:16 AM    (permalink
PackAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
Just thought I'd post this here:
very well written and right on the mark.

I'll be saying it all offseason so sorry for being repetitious :) but....this will be a Top 10 Defense for sure this year. We will be very very strong against the run (I forsee us being Top 5 versus the run) and should be much improved against the pass with better safety and LB play.

I'm very excited to see this defense this year and into the future.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:31 AM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

that D-line will be scary good

Quote: