Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UDFA signings:

Jerry Babb: Broke some of Delhomme's records, see article here
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs...705010551/1989

# Offensive lineman Pat Murray of Truman State. Murray (6-3, 312) played mostly right tackle and was an honorable mention, all-America selection in Division II.

# Linebacker Rory Johnson of Mississippi. Johnson (6-0, 232) played alongside first-round draft pick Patrick Willis and also was somewhat highly regarded. However, Johnson, who left after his junior season, reportedly tested positive for marijuana.

# Linebacker Juwan Simpson of Alabama. Simpson (6-2, 225) played in the Senior Bowl. His draft stock may have been affected by an arrest last summer for having marijuana and an unlicensed handgun in his car.

# Defensive end Larry Birdine of Oklahoma. Birdine (6-3, 261) is the half-brother of Jason Gildon, who played linebacker in the NFL for 11 years. His cousin, Jammal Brown, is a tackle for the Saints.

# Defensive end/defensive tackle Daniel Muir of Kent State. Muir (6-2, 285) was a first-team, all-Mid-American Conference pick last season.

# Fullback Ryan Powdrell of Southern California. Powdrell (6-0, 250) was switched from linebacker to fullback before the 2006 season but played only game at his new position. He ran a 4.9 40-yard dash during his pro day at USC.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Stocco is coming in as well which is kinda neat b/c he's a Badger

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Jackson
http://media2.620wtmj.com/wmn/070503_BrandonJackson.mp3

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Here's Justin Harrell's from after the draft: http://media2.620wtmj.com/packers/20...in_Harrell.mp3

I think he sets a record for most "like I said"s in a single interview.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

July 28th baby. Can't wait.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
July 28th baby. Can't wait.
Hey, it's less than 2 months away :)

Old 05-03-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Smith just said that the Packers are one of the teams interested in Keyshawn.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Michael Smith just said that the Packers are one of the teams interested in Keyshawn.
I like the idea of brining him as another veteran with this young team.

Old 05-03-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the Babb, Rory and Juwan pickups

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh god. I hope not. Keyshawn said he would only play for a superbowl favortie anyways I think..

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Oh god. I hope not. Keyshawn said he would only play for a superbowl favortie anyways I think..
I agree, I don't think he'll want to come to the pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
narf029
Rookie

narf029 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.narf029 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Especially considering we know TT won't overpay for anybody. Someone is going to offer Keyshawn a lot more money, so even if it's about money and not about a super bowl, I don't like our chances.

Or maybe I'm just being optimistic because I don't want to sign him.
narf029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
djcoreylee

Are you kidding me>Keyshawn would have nothing but a positive effect on the Packers. He wants to teach young recievers and who has more then the pack!
Old 05-03-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

i would be all for getting him. but its not going to happen we wont give him what he wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit View Post
i would be all for getting him. but its not going to happen we wont give him what he wants
When it comes down to money we just won't offer enough compared to other teams

Old 05-03-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keyshawn offers nothing to the packers, he was cut for Jarrett could start, we dont need him.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=600950 Link

I'm actually for this move. We got some WRs in the draft and they deserve a chance to prove themselves, but we have no one for the red zone. I'd gladly cut Martin for Keyshawn.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:16 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:

I'm actually for this move. We got some WRs in the draft and they deserve a chance to prove themselves, but we have no one for the red zone. I'd gladly cut Martin for Keyshawn.
Thats a good sign, god I hope we get some verteran help. Those dropped passes and the terrible red zone play last year would be very difficult to watch again this year and probably rule out the playoffs.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 06:43 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:

I feel the same way

Old 05-04-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
narf029
Rookie

narf029 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.narf029 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcoreylee View Post
Are you kidding me>Keyshawn would have nothing but a positive effect on the Packers. He wants to teach young recievers and who has more then the pack!
Right, the problem is if we sign Keyshawn we'd likely have Driver, Jennings, Keyshawn, Jones, and Clowney, because I doubt we cut either of the rookies after investing draft picks in both. Driver has nothing to learn, Jennings and Clowney are both speed receivers who would not be able to learn a thing from Keyshawn, a 6'4'' possession receiver. Jones is a possession receiver, but he's not a jump ball, throw it up and I'll get it type of guy like Keyshawn was in his prime. When you heard about Keyshawn teaching Dwayne Jarrett all he needs to know, that's because the 2 are virtually the same player, Jarrett needs to use his body more, and that's Keyshawn's specialty. 2nd of all, Keyshawn's not even that good. He hasn't had a 1000 yard season since 2002. He had something like 800 yards and 4 TDs last year (and he had a big game against the Vikings if I remember right, so that barely even counts). Keyshawn has been cut twice in the past 2 years. That isn't random, there's a reason he's been cut. He's overpaid for what he does, and he just doesn't produce anymore.
narf029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by narf029 View Post
Right, the problem is if we sign Keyshawn we'd likely have Driver, Jennings, Keyshawn, Jones, and Clowney, because I doubt we cut either of the rookies after investing draft picks in both. Driver has nothing to learn, Jennings and Clowney are both speed receivers who would not be able to learn a thing from Keyshawn, a 6'4'' possession receiver. Jones is a possession receiver, but he's not a jump ball, throw it up and I'll get it type of guy like Keyshawn was in his prime. When you heard about Keyshawn teaching Dwayne Jarrett all he needs to know, that's because the 2 are virtually the same player, Jarrett needs to use his body more, and that's Keyshawn's specialty. 2nd of all, Keyshawn's not even that good. He hasn't had a 1000 yard season since 2002. He had something like 800 yards and 4 TDs last year (and he had a big game against the Vikings if I remember right, so that barely even counts). Keyshawn has been cut twice in the past 2 years. That isn't random, there's a reason he's been cut. He's overpaid for what he does, and he just doesn't produce anymore.
First of all, Keyshawn can teach those young receivers something even though he's a possession wideout and they're speedsters. He can teach them about the right way of playing the game at the position, what to look for when going up against DBs, and other aspects of the game that comes with being a veteran. He would be an asset more than a harm to this team and if they brought him in I would fully support it.

Old 05-04-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
First of all, Keyshawn can teach those young receivers something even though he's a possession wideout and they're speedsters. He can teach them about the right way of playing the game at the position, what to look for when going up against DBs, and other aspects of the game that comes with being a veteran. He would be an asset more than a harm to this team and if they brought him in I would fully support it.
I made a long post saying something similar, but then the site crashed.

To add to that, Keyshawn would be the red zone threat that we are currently missing.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://cornfromajar.blogspot.com/200...-honey-he.html

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
I made a long post saying something similar, but then the site crashed.

To add to that, Keyshawn would be the red zone threat that we are currently missing.
After how poorly our tight ends played last year, especially the red zone, we need that threat and GB12 you're right with Keyshawn providing that.

Old 05-05-2007, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Hahaha, that's pretty funny.

You guys like my new sig? my boy kalbears13 did it after i responded to the brady quinn design, it's Brett Favre going up a ramp on a wheelchair doing the Lambeau Roll, cause he's gettin up there in age. :)

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote