Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I've said all year that it's almost impossible to expect anything better than 7 wins for the Packers because of their interior line. It's the worst in football and isn't really all that well supported by a mediocre supporting cast.

well BF is a bit an idiot... He also said Greg Jennings would not be any good either.
what more can u except from a bears fan....
Old 05-12-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mLfrCBRrV8 best commerical ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9Xu7zWEbrw&NR=1 this one is pretty funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMDUGEsXdK4&NR=1 why didnt they air these commericals?

Last edited by PACKmanN : 05-12-2007 at 09:09 PM.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Madden's the greatest

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSoFA...related&search I like how he gets respect from even our hated rivals.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSoFA...related&search I like how he gets respect from even our hated rivals.
hey i was in the CHI city that weekend! anyway, pretty cool movie

Old 05-12-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, this pisses me off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Favre
"We could have gotten him for less money than New England did. He wanted to play in Green Bay for the amount of money we could have paid him. It (was) well worth the risk."
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=604780

Now, I respect Thompson, but this one gets me. Not giving up a fourth for Moss eventhough he'd restructure his contract for us. I can not see what we got that was so much more valuable than Randy Moss.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow, this pisses me off.

Now, I respect Thompson, but this one gets me. Not giving up a fourth for Moss eventhough he'd restructure his contract for us. I can not see what we got that was so much more valuable than Randy Moss.
Great, god is pissed. Now what?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Wow, this pisses me off.

Plus OAK wouldve got a better 4th!

Old 05-13-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't anyone else hear that NE had been talking to Moss for awhile now? perhaps Moss wanted to go there all along.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 05-13-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah..but you guys predicting that the Packers would be in the division race and that the Bears were going to be 4-12 just like in 2001 weren't full of your own ****.

Everyone says stuff that's wrong....mine is just more magnified because I post in a thread where I stick out like a soar thumb (ie: I'm not a Packers homer).

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Didn't anyone else hear that NE had been talking to Moss for awhile now? perhaps Moss wanted to go there all along.
Perhaps Ted Thompson should grow a nutsack and you're trying to rationalize a stupid mistake.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Perhaps Ted Thompson should grow a nutsack and you're trying to rationalize a stupid mistake.
TT picked Harrell in the first round at 16. That's a pretty big nutsack he's sportin'.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
TT really didn't too much either apparently , and that's what it came down to. TT wasn't willing to give up enough in the Raiders eyes, and I'm glad he didn't.

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 05-10-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:
I agree, this Thompson worship is a little tiresome. I mean its like how dare anyone think twice about something management does or doesnt do. Like were all supposed to just write wow great move at everything they do and discuss how were going to be in the superbowl soon, because there are no flaws at every personnel decision.
This team is not being run like they intend to win each year and it should be. The Moss thing is just another example of that which I have been pointing out for some time. Thomson does not believe in seizing even the low risk, low cost opportunities to win now and aquiring moss would have been low risk low cost very high upside opportunity. GROW A NUTSACK! If Moss flopped big deal, live with it. At least it would have been a very reasonable effort. In no way would that have been even close to mortgaging the teams future, hell there going to have even a boat load more money once our very dependable hard to find quarterback retires.
So what if some bitter packer fans didnt want him. Everyone thought Andre Rison was a jackass, Keith Jackson said there wasnt a snowballs chance in the streets of miami that he would play for GreenBay, but they both did, the packers won the superbowl, I believe Rison scored the first touchdown and the fans idolized Ron Wolf for making it all possible. Rightly so.
So Keyshawn Johnson might not want to play for Greenbay, im sure a good gm could make it happen, it probably wouldnt even be all that hard to do.
Maybe Wolf could just lend Thompson his nutsack for a few mil.
He certainly seems to be overly comfortable allowing the team to fail multiple years with the intent to win down the road. That is flawed, putting off winning today, because you might win 3 years from now is rediculous(within reason of coarse). Favre should be pissed and packer fans should be pissed.
Thompson has displayed great skills as a scout and talent evaluator,we know this (it might be the job he is meant to have), but ive seen plenty of evidence to question his general management skill. Im not calling for his head (its to early to make that kind of judgement),but forums are for dicussing the team. That includes questioning moves and celebrating them. Thompson has created reasons for both.
People cant just make comments like "were fans not professionals" thats just lame. There would be no point in anyone commenting on these web sites. By that rationale people couldnt even question moves made by Detroits gm Matt Millen and that would take tremendous patience by the most diehard detroit lion homer fan on the planet.

Last edited by Football Fan : 05-13-2007 at 03:26 AM. Reason: typo
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:23 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Wow, this pisses me off.

your telling me that TT wouldnt give up a 4th? reports were said that Moss no longer would restructure his contract for us.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:27 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
I agree, this Thompson worship is a little tiresome. I mean its like how dare anyone think twice about something management does or doesnt do. Like were all supposed to just write wow great move at everything they do and discuss how were going to be in the superbowl soon, because there are no flaws at every personnel decision.
This team is not being run like they intend to win each year and it should be. The Moss thing is just another example of that which I have been pointing out for some time. Thomson does not believe in seizing even the low risk, low cash opportunities to win now and aquiring moss was low risk low cost. In no way would that have been even close to mortgaging the teams future, hell there going to have even a boat load more money once our very dependable hard to find quarterback retires.
He certainly seems to be overly comfortable allowing the team to fail multiple years with the intent to win down the road. That is flawed, putting off winning today, because you might win 3 years from now is rediculous. Favre should be pissed and packer fans should be pissed.
Thompson has displayed great skills as a scout and talent evaluator, but ive seen plenty of evidence to question his general management skill. Im not calling for his head (its to early to make that kind of judgement),but forums are for dicussing the team. That includes questioning moves and celebrating them. Thompson has created reasons for both.
People cant just make comments like "were fans not professionals" thats just lame, there would be no point in anyone commenting on these web sites. By that rationale we couldnt even question Detroits gm Matt Millen.
How does TT not take risks? he went out and sign Woodson who was known as an ingury prone player and Robinson. He has his own value and knows whats better for the team. He has 2 years left on his contract so no way he doesnt want to win now. Here a fact in about the last 3 years each superbowl team GM has built his team from the draft, and some FA pick ups when they feel its right.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:24 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How does TT not take risks? he went out and sign Woodson who was known as an ingury prone player and Robinson. He has his own value and knows whats better for the team. He has 2 years left on his contract so no way he doesnt want to win now. Here a fact in about the last 3 years each superbowl team GM has built his team from the draft, and some FA pick ups when they feel its right.
I don't understand the whole we are building for the future. We have a good nucleus, we can try to win now. We have an incredible amount of cap room, no moves we make will mortgage the future.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:36 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
I don't understand the whole we are building for the future. We have a good nucleus, we can try to win now. We have an incredible amount of cap room, no moves we make will mortgage the future.
Pretty much my point.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:48 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Thompson signed Woodson very late in free agency for basically exactly what he was asking for after most of packerland was grumbling. I personally think it effected the decision to sign him or he would have taken him months earlier (the money was the same and he could have been signed by another team),but we will never know. The fact is the move paid off as did some others. Those kind of moves are something the team needs a little more of. If "the time was right" then, The time was right, almost perfectly for Moss and it has nothing to do with pleasing favre although I see nothing wrong with that.
as far as you not being able to see that there is no real sign of trying to win now theres really not to much I can say (or want to, its time consuming and I dont want to put the effort into it. Your mind wont change anyway). I will say this though, Trying to win now without any movess to improve the offense is a poor effort. Getting points in the red zone is a obvious and glaring need. It was an obvious need before last season even started. Regardless, you have every right to post your opinion here and I respect it, but strongly dissagree.
Thompson has said he doesnt draft for need but then says he doesnt believe in filling needs in free agency. That just isnt a win now mentality. Waiting for mid to late round rookies or any rookies / undrafted free agents to become good enough to fill need positions takes time.(while other team areas are aging, cornerback,o-line tackles, qb even wr (driver). Thats another subject, but yet another reason to keep the win now mentallity and rebuild through the draft at the same time).
ok im tired of writing and starting to ramble to much so im done now.

THE PACKERS RULE

Last edited by Football Fan : 05-13-2007 at 05:09 AM.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
Thank you, it seems that I was the only Packer fan here(other than the ones who only come out on draft day and the week before) that felt that way. TT is a great talent evaluator, maybe the best in the business. He can make a few moves in free agency and still have the core of the team built through the draft. He just seems too risk-averse. Signing Woodson had almost no risk. We had 326534687654634646846848464864868468468469 in cap room, nothing could have happened that would have hurt us. I follow the theory of big risk, big reward, in every aspect of life. We will never be a championship team if we don't take risks. Look at New England, Corey Dillon is the best example. Just do something TT, anything, take a god damn risk.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Thank you, it seems that I was the only Packer fan here(other than the ones who only come out on draft day and the week before) that felt that way. TT is a great talent evaluator, maybe the best in the business. He can make a few moves in free agency and still have the core of the team built through the draft. He just seems too risk-averse. Signing Woodson had almost no risk. We had 326534687654634646846848464864868468468469 in cap room, nothing could have happened that would have hurt us. I follow the theory of big risk, big reward, in every aspect of life. We will never be a championship team if we don't take risks. Look at New England, Corey Dillon is the best example. Just do something TT, anything, take a god damn risk.
No, your not the only one here. Questioning Greenbays management just isnt politically correct and comes off as disloyal. Most of the people here that are willing to openly question some moves (or non-moves) get jumped on by the management can do no wrong crowd, so they just read the forums once in a while and dont bother to go through the hassle of making their point. But yeah some have just simply stopped comming to these sites all together. Still, I dont believe the people that find themselves sceptical about some decisions are in the overall minority. Ive seen to many polls that indicate that.

Last edited by Football Fan : 05-13-2007 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

OK, so you guys question not getting Moss (which ended very happily for me), but other than that, people seem not to realize that there was really nobody in the FA worth picking up, and at first, yes I did question the draft but haven't we originally the last two drafts also? yes, and these guys always seem to exede expectations and the drafts turn out very well. And after research I have really started to like this draft class and I think these guys will fit in very well. These are my reasons for not questioning packers manegment

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Koter View Post
OK, so you guys question not getting Moss (which ended very happily for me), but other than that, people seem not to realize that there was really nobody in the FA worth picking up, and at first, yes I did question the draft but haven't we originally the last two drafts also? yes, and these guys always seem to exede expectations and the drafts turn out very well. And after research I have really started to like this draft class and I think these guys will fit in very well. These are my reasons for not questioning packers manegment
Yeah, besides not getting Moss I don't think they have done a bad job. If Favre does however force his way out of town then it'll really light a fire for me. Watching him all these years seeing him get this close to the records, and then to have him brake them in a different uniform will make me very upset.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah, besides not getting Moss I don't think they have done a bad job. If Favre does however force his way out of town then it'll really light a fire for me. Watching him all these years seeing him get this close to the records, and then to have him brake them in a different uniform will make me very upset.
Our even worse in the playoffs/SB in a different uniform

Old 05-13-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Our even worse in the playoffs/SB in a different uniform
Nah, that really wouldn't bother me more. I really don't buy into this trade talk at all, but TT will have a hard time regaining respect in the fans and the organization.