Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Also,

Does he look two inches shorter than urlacher?
You raise an interesting point.

Here's 6'2 Brett Favre with 6'4 Dan Marino:

Old 05-21-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
You raise an interesting point.

Here's 6'2 Brett Favre with 6'4 Dan Marino:

Favre is probably about 6' 2" and Rodgers is about 6' 1" I believe.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Favre is probably about 6' 2" and Rodgers is about 6' 1" I believe.
Favre is 6'3".

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Favre is 6'3".
Favre Is 6'2 7/8
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=608121 I don't want him to ever have to carry the full load, but I do really like Morency getting the bigger share of the committee.

I didn't realize he was that small. 212, wow.
he is 5'9 at nfl.com
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Favre is 6'3".
Where are you getting that info from? Rarely would you see a team say a player is shorter than he actually is.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Well, Morency is reportedly up to 220. Here's the story:
http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/05...dds-10-pounds/
Old 05-22-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Where are you getting that info from? Rarely would you see a team say a player is shorter than he actually is.
It's my opinion, but Why not? They do it in basketball for EVERYONE. I think they did in football in Favres case.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It's my opinion, but Why not? They do it in basketball for EVERYONE. I think they did in football in Favres case.
Huh? They always list players as taller than they are, not shorter.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Players are always shorter than what they're listed and in some cases they weigh 10 less pounds than what they're listed as too

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

In basketball?? No they are not. Kids on my high school basketball team were listed as 6'5" 6'6" and i was taller than them. The same thing is done at almost every level of basketball. For instance MJ was not 6'6".

EDIT-NVM, I mistunderstood what you were trying to say. I said it wrong the first time. I just meant they list heights wrong and in Football they did it backwards for Favre.

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 05-22-2007 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what's the deal with this Corey White guy? Likely to make the roster?

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
With his speed and ability to catch outta the backfeild he may have a good chance.

they get smoked.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
He's facing an uphill battle because Miree is likely a lock to make the roster because of his experience and there's no telling if the Packers will even take another fullback. If they do, he has to compete with Korey Hall who will likely make the roster just for his special teams contribution. I'll go ahead and say right now that White won't be on the roster.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With 5 RB/HB spots, White will have to just WOW in training camp. Barring injuries, Morency and Jackson are locks, Herron has the inside lane, and as TT doesn't like to toss his picks, Hall and Wynn have a better chance than the others of making the team. Miree was the starter last year, so he has the competitive edge. The FB and third HB spots are where you'll see the most competition, and it will be by guys not getting a lot of reps.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

I can see he and Wynn on the practice squad. Which isn't a bad thing for a full back, he'd have a year to learn the offense without playing. If Wynn plays well in camp and game action he'll make the team because of his natural ability. He'd give us a beef back which we really don't have out of the other guys.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
I can see he and Wynn on the practice squad. Which isn't a bad thing for a full back, he'd have a year to learn the offense without playing. If Wynn plays well in camp and game action he'll make the team because of his natural ability. He'd give us a beef back which we really don't have out of the other guys.
I really hope we can prove himself and stay on the team, I like his upside.

they get smoked.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about Arliss Beach? From what I remember of him last year, he was a hard runner throughout preseason that showed some burst. IIRC, he was placed on the DL, or IR, whatever the hell it is, mysteriously before the season started.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
What about Arliss Beach? From what I remember of him last year, he was a hard runner throughout preseason that showed some burst. IIRC, he was placed on the DL, or IR, whatever the hell it is, mysteriously before the season started.
Longshot to make the team.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

well since we really don't have much to talk about, and I really didn't think this deserve's it's own thread but Is anyone here planning on going to summerfest this year? Anyone got plans on going to any concerts

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's how I see our RB/FB situation:

Locks:
Morency, Jackson

Close to a lock:
Miree

Battling for the last 2 spots:
Herron, White, Wynn, Hall

99% getting cut or not on roster:
Pope, Beach

So we have 2 RBs and 1 FB set up as locks to make the cut. All the rookies are gonna have to show a lot to make the cut, because there is little stability so Herron has a good chance to stay around another year or 2. Apparently he is a great worker and I like having him as a #3 but he has little upside.

Wynn has a good chance to get that last slot because (IMO he's talented and we could use someone with his style) but also because he can play FB and RB so we could essentially keep 4 RBs and 2 FBs with 5 players, big advantage. The coaches probably see him as a camp body though so he still has to impress people to make the team.

White is a wildcard, I don't think the coaches planned on him doing so well but if he keeps it up he'd probably make the roster over Hall who was drafted to play FB this year.

Pope and Beach are both fine RBs but they don't have much upside past a poor man's change of pace back, so I say they don't make the cut in such a crowded backfield with other players who have more potential.

My prediction:
Keep Morency Jackson Herron Miree White
The rest on the practice squad, Hall or Wynn might make the roster on the PUP or something.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:28 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't disagree that TT will stash some RBs on the PUP. Some might make the practice squad, but he has shown he uses the IR to store players he wants to take a much longer look at, like Kurt Campbell.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Packers rookie wide receiver James Jones is included on Dennis Dillon's 'All-Shorts Team' - or as Dillon describes it: "12 rookies who caught the attention of their teams" during recent minicamps.

Dillon's list at SportingNews.com says of Jones: "The third-round pick from San Jose State was quick and explosive in and out of his cuts, and he plucked every pass thrown his direction."

TT, I love you. He's greg Jennings number 2, just wait.

they get smoked.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
TT, I love you. He's greg Jennings number 2, just wait.
Let's not get excited too quick. Wait until defenders get up and him and play rough and then we'll see how he does. Everyone looks good in individual drills without pads.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Let's not get excited too quick. Wait until defenders get up and him and play rough and then we'll see how he does. Everyone looks good in individual drills without pads.
James Jones is really starting to grow on me though. He seems to do all the little things right that rookies struggle with.