Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Just stop talking right there before you make a fool out of yourself. There is no place in GB for Pepper.
Yeah, because it makes much more sense to rely on a guy who hasn't played in the NFL yet.

We are going to have to bring in a veteran at some point, this is probably Favre's last year and Rodgers seems pretty shaky. What's wrong with Culpepper? Maybe you should have actually read the rest of my post...

If he is brought in to compete for a starting job he obviously isn't going to cost us much, and pretty much every team has a veteran, not just an Ingle Martin on the roster when transitioning to a young QB. And since we don't need him til next year, like I said, it probably wouldn't happen anyway.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 06-19-2007 at 12:09 PM.
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Yeah, because it makes much more sense to rely on a guy who hasn't played in the NFL yet.

We are going to have to bring in a veteran at some point, this is probably Favre's last year and Rodgers seems pretty shaky. What's wrong with Culpepper? Maybe you should have actually read the rest of my post...

If he is brought in to compete for a starting job he obviously isn't going to cost us much, and pretty much every team has a veteran, not just an Ingle Martin on the roster when transitioning to a young QB. And since we don't need him til next year, like I said, it probably wouldn't happen anyway.
How is Rodgers shaky? He hasn't had his chance. I think Culpepper is pretty shaky since he's only got 1 good knee. Culpepper won't ever be the same. Most of his big plays came as a result of the defense having to protect his scrambling and him being a lot more mobile than he is now, and he had Randy Moss in his prime.

Now I'm not trying to compare Favre to Rodgers, but Favre struggled in his first couple years as well. I remember seeing something where Holmgren was really close to benching Favre and starting Brunell cause of his poor play. But Holmgren stuck with him and I guess he turned out alright. I say we should stick with Aaron Rodgers, and take our chances.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It really bothers me when people start talking like Rodgers is gonna be a bust and hasn't played well. I just don't know what people are basing this off, seeing as how he has gotten very little playing time. Rodgers replaces Favre once he retires and get 1-2 seasons before we give up. I understand the idea of bringing in a vet as backup for Rodgers, but we don't need one yet.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
yeah, most packer fans would give their left nut go golf with #4. bro thought he had a realistic chance...gotta go for it.

just like asking a girl out that's way outa your league....you'll probably get shot down..but, ya just gotta try.
My grandpa golfed with Favre at the Lombardi classic around 10 years ago. I rode the cart with Favre for a while.

With an attitude like that, of course you are gonna get shot down more times than not.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
It really bothers me when people start talking like Rodgers is gonna be a bust and hasn't played well. I just don't know what people are basing this off, seeing as how he has gotten very little playing time. Rodgers replaces Favre once he retires and get 1-2 seasons before we give up. I understand the idea of bringing in a vet as backup for Rodgers, but we don't need one yet.
The problem with Rodgers is that he has not shown more ability that mangaing a game. He doesn't make spectacular throws or avoid pressure that well. He will be an average QB in this league, and many Packers' fan will expect more from someone who replaces Favre. Rodgers will not start more than 2 years here and that is the truth. I hope he has success and is a QB for a long time but he just doesn't have that thing about him that sets him above other average QBs.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been trying to say exactly what you are - he hasn't played a game yet. Thus, it would be a good idea to have other options on the roster besides Ingle Martin.

It's not that I'm calling Rodgers a bust but rather reminding everyone that we shouldn't be depending on a guy that hasn't done anything besides be a first round pick, one that plummeted draft day might I add.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 06-19-2007 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

and what has pepper proved? he cant win without Moss.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
The problem with Rodgers is that he has not shown more ability that mangaing a game. He doesn't make spectacular throws or avoid pressure that well. He will be an average QB in this league, and many Packers' fan will expect more from someone who replaces Favre. Rodgers will not start more than 2 years here and that is the truth. I hope he has success and is a QB for a long time but he just doesn't have that thing about him that sets him above other average QBs.
We haven't seen NEARLY enough of Rodgers to make that determination. From a skillset standpoint, he has all the tools. He has a strong arm with good accuracy. He is mobile and can make plays outside of the pocket. He's smart and can digest a playbook. Will he be a good QB? Who knows. We do know that he'll be the next starting QB in Green Bay and he'll be given at least a couple years to prove himself. People saying anything else are just making baseless speculations.

As for acquiring Culpper, I don't see the point. Favre, Rodgers, and Martin is a suitable QB unit for this season. Once Favre retires, a veteran will be brought in but not to start. Cross that hurdle when it comes though.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

I guess the Culpepper argument isn't really worth debating because we all seem to agree that it's not going to happen this year...I don't think I made that too clear before. I guess I'm just bored in the offseason and thinking too far ahead.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 06-19-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
We haven't seen NEARLY enough of Rodgers to make that determination. From a skillset standpoint, he has all the tools. He has a strong arm with good accuracy. He is mobile and can make plays outside of the pocket. He's smart and can digest a playbook. Will he be a good QB? Who knows. We do know that he'll be the next starting QB in Green Bay and he'll be given at least a couple years to prove himself. People saying anything else are just making baseless speculations.

As for acquiring Culpper, I don't see the point. Favre, Rodgers, and Martin is a suitable QB unit for this season. Once Favre retires, a veteran will be brought in but not to start. Cross that hurdle when it comes though.
Not like Aaron is stepping in games when he gets a chance and is playing like Matt Hasselbeck did when he was in Green Bay. When Matt was here people knew that if Favre went down they had a guy that was fully capable of getting the job done. With Aaron there isn't that security and he has not given Packers fan a reason to believe he can do it either.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2007/06/15/1/

I didn't realize Woodson was doing this well since coming to GB... career highs in multiple categories. Makes me feel even better about acquiring him (especially after seeing what Clements got in a contract this year, I'd go as far to say he was a bargain).

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 06-19-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Not like Aaron is stepping in games when he gets a chance and is playing like Matt Hasselbeck did when he was in Green Bay. When Matt was here people knew that if Favre went down they had a guy that was fully capable of getting the job done. With Aaron there isn't that security and he has not given Packers fan a reason to believe he can do it either.
Rodgers has thrown 31 passes his entire NFL career, all in junk time. Any judgement you're making now is beyond premature.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How is Ryan Powdrell doing in camp? Does he have a chance of getting an active roster spot?
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, according to Mark Schlerith, Aaron Kompman won't sneak up on anybody this year. ESPN blows.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:59 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Rodgers has thrown 31 passes his entire NFL career, all in junk time. Any judgement you're making now is beyond premature.
Without question its premature to pass any judgement on Rodgers good or bad, however packer fans should brace themselves for a quarterback search once Favre retires reguardless. Based on percentages its very hard to find a starting calliber quarterback at first attempt in the nfl. Ron Wolf had a rare and uncanny talent for finding QBs and the packers have been blessed by that talent during his days as gm. I kinda have the feeling Rodgers wont be the answer but it certainly isnt based on much (just that hasselbeak looked extremely good in preseason games and I havent seen that from Rodgers yet), but im glad we have him. He has had a great chance to sit back and learn the last few years which is more than many great prospects have had. That is going to give him an edge to succeed.

Last edited by Football Fan : 06-20-2007 at 06:16 AM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Preseason matters as well and he hasn't shown much that would suggest that he has the capabilities that exceed an average QB in the NFL.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Well, according to Mark Schlerith, Aaron Kompman won't sneak up on anybody this year. ESPN blows.
Haha, I thought he said Kaufman. Apparently he still isn't sneaking up on Markie...

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Preseason matters as well and he hasn't shown much that would suggest that he has the capabilities that exceed an average QB in the NFL.
Like I said, it's way too early. He's played 2 NFL seasons as a backup. Wait until he comes into the season as a starter before you pass judgement on him. Look how many quarterbacks took a few years of starting to develop.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
where were you last season? the guy lit it up in preseason.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
where were you last season? the guy lit it up in preseason.
Lit it up????? Ok???? He had some decent games in the preseason but the stats can be misleading becuase Greg Jennings made big plays in the preseason and padded those stats. His most impressive game was against a Chargers' team that secondary absolutely sucked going into the preseason and he managed to throw a pick so settle down before you say he lit it up.

For every glimpse of hope there was something that made you shake your head.

Last edited by princefielder28 : 06-20-2007 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Yeah no kidding. I'd like to know his reasoning of putting the Vikings higher than the Packers. NO pass defense or Pass rush. Oh, wow they can stop the Run, ooooo. like they said, why drive when you can fly?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2007/06/15/1/

I didn't realize Woodson was doing this well since coming to GB... career highs in multiple categories. Makes me feel even better about acquiring him (especially after seeing what Clements got in a contract this year, I'd go as far to say he was a bargain).
i didnt realize he led the NFC in picks

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

its up for grabs, if you use it rep me and credit me.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, ESPN insider just rated Driver as the most overrated WR in the NFL... I can't even explain how stupid that is......

Also, guess who got a honorable mention for overrated WR? Greg Jennings. The guy was a freaking rookie. What more do they expect.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Wow, ESPN insider just rated Driver as the most overrated WR in the NFL... I can't even explain how stupid that is......

Also, guess who got a honorable mention for overrated WR? Greg Jennings. The guy was a freaking rookie. What more do they expect.
That's kind of random. I think that Driver is actually underrated by most. He's the epitome of consistent and has been the only thing holding that receiving core together for years now.