Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 27,026
Reputation: 1729895
princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Don't worry...

Training Camp is starting soon! Can't wait.
So pumped for football season it's not even funny. It seems like an eternity since anything with the Packers has happened.
__________________


Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canton 2013
Posts: 4,226
Reputation: 1801
The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.
Default

reading a http://www.faketeams.com/story/2007/7/13/123938/290

hes says
Brandon Jackson
2008 1st Round
2009 2nd Round

haha doesnt that just sound crazy
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 930
Reputation: -139
Football Fan smells like sex panther.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
reading a http://www.faketeams.com/story/2007/7/13/123938/290

hes says
Brandon Jackson
2008 1st Round
2009 2nd Round

haha doesnt that just sound crazy
HAHAHA, no way. A first and 2 2nds + a 12 million dollar per year contract for a guy with maybe 5 years left is rediculous. I think the guy that came up with this trade must be smoking crack. Thanks for the laugh though. I would like to have L.J. on the team, but not at that price.
This is a more legitimate article about the Larry Johnson situation.
http://www.packerchatters.com/op-ed/view.php?id=2455

Last edited by Football Fan : 07-16-2007 at 03:02 AM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 930
Reputation: -139
Football Fan smells like sex panther.
Default

Damn cubs won again. Now they got 4 easy games in a row aganst the giants. Looks like the brewers division 3.5 game lead might be getting slimmer.

Last edited by Football Fan : 07-16-2007 at 01:56 AM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:50 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 930
Reputation: -139
Football Fan smells like sex panther.
Default

I hope the o-line wont be needing all the extra help this season, the offense was hindered quite a bit last year do to losing potential receiving options.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:09 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 930
Reputation: -139
Football Fan smells like sex panther.
Default Ranking all 32 teams at quarterback

Bah, the list could be better as usual.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...40813162&ATT=5

Last edited by Football Fan : 07-16-2007 at 04:38 AM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:30 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 930
Reputation: -139
Football Fan smells like sex panther.
Default Great Training Camp Battles Loom in the Packersí Defensive Secondary

Interesting analysis and ranking of where he believes players are at on the depth chart:
http://www.packerchatters.com/op-ed/view.php?id=2448

Last edited by Football Fan : 07-16-2007 at 03:35 AM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:41 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 930
Reputation: -139
Football Fan smells like sex panther.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
We are only one of two team forums that have over 10,000 post. Dallas leads with over 12,000.
Well I just added a bunch more.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:32 AM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 582
Reputation: 93
nbarnett56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
HAHAHA, no way. A first and 2 2nds + a 12 million dollar per year contract for a guy with maybe 5 years left is rediculous. I think the guy that came up with this trade must be smoking crack. Thanks for the laugh though. I would like to have L.J. on the team, but not at that price.
This is a more legitimate article about the Larry Johnson situation.
http://www.packerchatters.com/op-ed/view.php?id=2455
On that article, the reason why they are lowballing him is because they also have to sign DE Jared Allen long term. They can't afford to keep both players.

As far as LJ on the Packers, why? We don't need him. You don't pay a guy LT-type money to run in the zone blocking scheme. Its just stupid as so are these trade rumors. It won't happen so don't get your hopes up.
nbarnett56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:02 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 4,791
Reputation: 35170
someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarnett56 View Post
On that article, the reason why they are lowballing him is because they also have to sign DE Jared Allen long term. They can't afford to keep both players.

As far as LJ on the Packers, why? We don't need him. You don't pay a guy LT-type money to run in the zone blocking scheme. Its just stupid as so are these trade rumors. It won't happen so don't get your hopes up.
Which two running backs have had the most success in Denver? Clinton Portis and Terrell Davis. Is it just a coincidence that they are far and away the best running backs that they have had? No, of course it isn't. LJ instantly makes our running game better. We are so far under the salary cap that it doesn't even matter. Frontload his contract like TT did for Woodson, and there is almost no risk. Of course, I wouldn't do it for a 1,2 and Jackson, but if we can get him for a reasonable price, a large salary is no problem for us.
__________________
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:17 AM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 582
Reputation: 93
nbarnett56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Which two running backs have had the most success in Denver? Clinton Portis and Terrell Davis. Is it just a coincidence that they are far and away the best running backs that they have had? No, of course it isn't. LJ instantly makes our running game better. We are so far under the salary cap that it doesn't even matter. Frontload his contract like TT did for Woodson, and there is almost no risk. Of course, I wouldn't do it for a 1,2 and Jackson, but if we can get him for a reasonable price, a large salary is no problem for us.
Portis was a 2nd round pick and Davis was a 7th round pick. Your talking about giving up a 1st round pick, plus additional picks, plus you have to sign him to a HUGE contract. Thats just stupid considering the system. Look at how many RBs Denver has succeeded with in the last 10 years. Your not going to get him at a reasonable price, he wants LT-type money! He isn't stupid - unlike some of the people here....
nbarnett56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:50 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 27,026
Reputation: 1729895
princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarnett56 View Post
Portis was a 2nd round pick and Davis was a 7th round pick. Your talking about giving up a 1st round pick, plus additional picks, plus you have to sign him to a HUGE contract. Thats just stupid considering the system. Look at how many RBs Denver has succeeded with in the last 10 years. Your not going to get him at a reasonable price, he wants LT-type money! He isn't stupid - unlike some of the people here....
Mike Anderson was another big time success in Denver along with Olandis Gary
__________________


Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:17 AM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 582
Reputation: 93
nbarnett56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Mike Anderson was another big time success in Denver along with Olandis Gary
Exactally. Its the sysyem. You can pay a guy alot less to accomplish the same job. You don't need a Larry Johnson or even a Marshawn Lynch for that matter. Its a one cut system so you need an agile RB. Johnson is more of a power RB. While I do believe he could have the same success in Green Bay, it would be foolish to trade top picks and dish out a ton of money to get him.

Also, when you look at Clinton Portis, he has the size/speed ratio which makes his succeed in any system. But even then if you compare his numbers in 2 years in Washington to those first 2 years in Denver you'd see this:

He's averaging 347.5 carries and 1415.5 yards per year in Washington with 16 TDs.

He averaged 281.5 carries and 1549.5 yards per year in Denver with 29 TDs.

Less carries, more yardage.
nbarnett56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 930
Reputation: -139
Football Fan smells like sex panther.
Default

As I have said I wouldnt pay the silly asking price as far as the trade goes, but hell yes I would love to see L.J. on with the packers. The packers offense is going to need the help big time this year and I dont care about system or anything else, Larry Johnson would be a big improvement to our running game. I think the packers could potentially reach 10 wins with him. That said, I could probably be convinced to give up next years 1st for him.
Anyone who has ever played fantasy football knows about the success of denvers running backs and there system. I personally have been picking running backs from that team even before Terrel Davis was there, although that is when the running back numbers took off. The system does provide the ability to have lower priced running backs do well and that part I really like about it.
Still, in my opinion Larry Johnson is a lock as a stud, a better back than portis and would succeed anywhere, its even possible that L.J.s numbers would go up in the zone blocking system. For me on the packers as I have always said, its all about winning and I believe the team can do both rebuild and win at the same time. I never have supported the idea that the team must surrender multiple seasons in order to win down the road. I think its one way to do it, but not the only way to do it. That has been my only real gripe on Thompson, although I stand by him for now. At least half of the packer fans feel that way and its not because there all stupid. Calling people stupid to support there own opinion is an arrogant and ignorant assumption. Anyone that has to continually throw that crap into there postings makes a statement about their own intelligence.
Make your point in your posts and the people here can judge for themselves whether they agree or disagree with them, keep the insults out of it.

Last edited by Football Fan : 07-16-2007 at 12:37 PM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 582
Reputation: 93
nbarnett56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
I said I wouldnt pay the silly asking price as far as the trade goes, but hell yes I would love to see L.J. on with the packers. The packers offense is going to need the help big time this year and I dont care about system or anything else, Larry Johnson would be a big improvement to this years running game. I think the packers could potentially reach 10 wins with him. That said, I could probably be convinced to give up next years 1st for him. Anyone who has ever played fantasy football knows about the success of denvers running backs and there system. I personally have been picking running backs from that team even before Terrel Davis was there, although that is when the running back numbers took off. Still Larry Johnson is a stud and will succeed anywhere even more than Portis has, its even possible that L.J.s numbers would go up entirely because he would be comming to the zone blocking system. For me on the packers as I have always said, its all about winning and I believe the team can do both rebuild and win at the same time. I never have supported the idea that the team must surrender multiple seasons in order to win down the road. I think its one way to do it, but not the only way to do it. That has been my only real gripe on Thompson. At least half of the packer fans feel that way and its not because there all stupid. Thats would be an arrogant and ignorant assumption from anyone that thinks that.
I don't think anyone was douting the impact he would have on the Packers, just that we'd have to give up alot to get him and pay alot to keep him.

I don't think a team can win and rebuild. If your winning, you simply aren't rebuilding. Personally I like what Ted Thompson is doing so far. I think that we've been spoiled with the success of Favre and the 15 years of winning. Fans just simply can't, sctratch that, WON'T accept losing. Some feel like we owe it to Favre to do anything and everything we can to send him out on a high note. While that sounds all beautiful it's just not going to happen. Thompson isn't going to sacrifice the future for the present and I 100% agree with that.

Your "half of Packers" fans who think that way are simply unrealistic. We were a bad team with no depth who foolishy wasted cap space. Things aren't like that anymore.

And yes, it is stupid to give away high draft picks for a RB that we don't need with the system. Not too mention the top dollar contract we'd need to sign him to in order to make that happen. Keep dreaming you delusional fans... lmao!!
nbarnett56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 930
Reputation: -139
Football Fan smells like sex panther.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarnett56 View Post
I don't think anyone was douting the impact he would have on the Packers, just that we'd have to give up alot to get him and pay alot to keep him.

I don't think a team can win and rebuild. If your winning, you simply aren't rebuilding. Personally I like what Ted Thompson is doing so far. I think that we've been spoiled with the success of Favre and the 15 years of winning. Fans just simply can't, sctratch that, WON'T accept losing. Some feel like we owe it to Favre to do anything and everything we can to send him out on a high note. While that sounds all beautiful it's just not going to happen. Thompson isn't going to sacrifice the future for the present and I 100% agree with that.

Your "half of Packers" fans who think that way are simply unrealistic. We were a bad team with no depth who foolishy wasted cap space. Things aren't like that anymore.

And yes, it is stupid to give away high draft picks for a RB that we don't need with the system. Not too mention the top dollar contract we'd need to sign him to in order to make that happen. Keep dreaming you delusional fans... lmao!!
Like you said the packers have won for 15 years, so I guess that must be your magical number huh? That number is all after the fact hind sight stuff. Who's to say it couldnt have been 20 or more or even 10, 5 or less. We all know teams decline eventually, but that doesnt mean they have to just shut down. I personally think that after the 1 year of 4-12 the packers were ready to start making moves to win like they did the following year.
If the packers had signed guys like moss, mcmichael, Grifith and L.J. maybe some others this year, for all you know the packers could be playing for the superbowl this year and you or I dont know otherwise. The team would still be in good cap shape and at least they would have had a chance. It is also a fact that greenbay will have make larger offers for these guys to play for them. Greenbay is currently not a winning team and these are 25 year old millionaires that are being asked to play in a boring town. Thompson is going to have to accept that part of it also.

The advantage of having a gm like Thompson is his eye for talent. That means he can find bargain guys in the draft and free agency. This in my opinion allows the team to rebuild and compete for championships. Its the benefit of having a good G.M. The reason why some teams take longer to rebuild is that they miss on there early first round selections and they have no cap space. Like wolf I dont think Thompson is going to miss as often as other gms in the draft and like Wolf if he does miss in the first round I think he will do exceptionally well in the later ones. The cap space was only a problem his first year, after that it was the best in the league.

By the way you talk, the team is guaranteed no chance at all for how many years? You tell me whats acceptable, you tell me.. how many 5-6 years before a red flag goes up?
There are other ways to go about managing the team and people have every right to concider and discuss those possisbilities, some wrong some right. A lot of your opinions are based on hindsight no risk and accepting a losing tradition. Your close minded aproach is a very easy one to take and takes far less thought, when losing year after year is not a problem.
Not saying that going out and signing every free agent is the right path, but signing some is certainly a legitimate option worthy of discussion and undeserving of insults intended for ending debate on things you disagree with.

Last edited by Football Fan : 07-16-2007 at 02:11 PM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Rod Wilks is watching you.
Posts: 2,850
Reputation: 170140
Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

for anyone that cares, the 1993 wild card game, Pack vs the Lions is on Nfl network

vintage favre
__________________


Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 930
Reputation: -139
Football Fan smells like sex panther.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
for anyone that cares, the 1993 wild card game, Pack vs the Lions is on Nfl network

vintage favre
Thanks, Im going to record it while im at work.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 582
Reputation: 93
nbarnett56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
Like you said the packers have won for 15 years, so I guess that must be your magical number huh? That number is all after the fact hind sight stuff. Who's to say it couldnt have been 20 or more or even 10, 5 or less. We all know teams decline eventually, but that doesnt mean they have to just shut down. I personally think that after the 1 year of 4-12 the packers were ready to start making moves to win like they did the following year.
If the packers had signed guys like moss, mcmichael, Grifith and L.J. maybe some others this year, for all you know the packers could be playing for the superbowl this year and you or I dont know otherwise. The team would still be in good cap shape and at least they would have had a chance. It is also a fact that greenbay will have make larger offers for these guys to play for them. Greenbay is currently not a winning team and these are 25 year old millionaires that are being asked to play in a boring town. Thompson is going to have to accept that part of it also.

The advantage of having a gm like Thompson is his eye for talent. That means he can find bargain guys in the draft and free agency. This in my opinion allows the team to rebuild and compete for championships. Its the benefit of having a good G.M. The reason why some teams take longer to rebuild is that they miss on there early first round selections and they have no cap space. Like wolf I dont think Thompson is going to miss as often as other gms in the draft and like Wolf if he does miss in the first round I think he will do exceptionally well in the later ones. The cap space was only a problem his first year, after that it was the best in the league.

By the way you talk, the team is guaranteed no chance at all for how many years? You tell me whats acceptable, you tell me.. how many 5-6 years before a red flag goes up?
There are other ways to go about managing the team and people have every right to concider and discuss those possisbilities, some wrong some right. A lot of your opinions are based on hindsight no risk and accepting a losing tradition. Your close minded aproach is a very easy one to take and takes far less thought, when losing year after year is not a problem.
Not saying that going out and signing every free agent is the right path, but signing some is certainly a legitimate option worthy of discussion and undeserving of insults intended for ending debate on things you disagree with.
Yes we could have continued to win if Mike Sherman wasn't handed the GM duties. But that isn't rebuilding, its what good teams do. Such as the Eagles. They can draft a guy and afford to stash him away for a year or 2. We couldn't with our lack of depth.

Sure you can sign a bunch of free agents but that can only last so long. Thats also hit and miss. I mean its really working for the Redskins isn't it?

It takes time to retool a team and I feel like overall we have a good foundation to build upon. We have a good, young defense. Our offensive line is starting to solidify. We have a young offense but thats because we lost alot of veteran guys. Our younger guys have stepped up on defense, why shouldn't expect to see the same from guys like Jennings, Jones, Jackson, ect...

Overall I feel that we are at least 2 years away from consistantly being competitive. Depending on Favre's retirement and Rodgers development.

Personally I don't feel like we need to go out and get big name free agents. Yes Moss would have been nice but in the long term it will work out better for Jennings and Jones. Let the young guys play and develop - just like they did in Seattle.
nbarnett56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 11,814
Reputation: 1691
Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Packers will make the playoffs within 2 seasons. If not, this rebuilding was a failure. I think this year is a toss-up but next year they should be strong enough to make it. The only wild card is the retirement of Favre and development of Rodgers.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 582
Reputation: 93
nbarnett56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Packers will make the playoffs within 2 seasons. If not, this rebuilding was a failure. I think this year is a toss-up but next year they should be strong enough to make it. The only wild card is the retirement of Favre and development of Rodgers.
I agree. We have a tough schedule this year plus the offense is very young. I actually think that Favre will hurt the offense the most because it takes him about 4 games to trust a new guy.

Another good draft should put us in very good position. We don't really have any big name free agents to re-sign. I think that Corey Williams is the only one of note (though I'll check later to make sure). I love how we're building up the defense and hopefully Harrell works out for us.
nbarnett56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:49 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,530
Reputation: 9751
johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

With the growth of last year's rookie class, I think this team can go 10-6 and be playoff bound. Not so sure about this year's draftees, but the Special Teams should be a lot better, which could account for the two games won.
__________________
Hey Scott, howabout a mock more than every other month?
johbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:18 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 930
Reputation: -139
Football Fan smells like sex panther.
Default Packers Player Salary Cap Information

http://www.packerchatters.com/op-ed/view.php?id=2458
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:34 AM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 582
Reputation: 93
nbarnett56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
On that article, the part that reads:

Quote:
The team should be in great shape to sign the players from this years Draft, extend certain current players and possibly dealve into the free agent market if a player is attractive.
Thats not entirely true, as each team has a rookie pool which is a certain ammount of cap to sign your draft picks. The Packers are actually pretty tight with their rookie pool. We have around the same rookie pool number that we did back in 2005 when we had the 24th overall pick.
nbarnett56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 4,791
Reputation: 35170
someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarnett56 View Post
Portis was a 2nd round pick and Davis was a 7th round pick. Your talking about giving up a 1st round pick, plus additional picks, plus you have to sign him to a HUGE contract. Thats just stupid considering the system. Look at how many RBs Denver has succeeded with in the last 10 years. Your not going to get him at a reasonable price, he wants LT-type money! He isn't stupid - unlike some of the people here....
I have said that I wouldn't give up an arm and a leg for LJ in a trade, but I would pay him whatever money he wants if we were to get him in a trade for a reasonable price. Our salary cap is in such good shape we could afford to frontload the contract and not have to worry about any future ramifications.

Your problem is that you are using what round they were drafted in to determine how good they are. It is rare to find a talent like TD in the 7th round. Had he not been hurt, he would have been a HOF running back, ANYWHERE, not just in Denver. In case you haven't noticed, when Denver has a stud running back, they do better. Yes, their backs do good regardless, but they don't have seasons like TD and Portis had.
__________________
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.