Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

This is the way I see the upcomming season going for the Packers.

Week1 vs Philly=W (Countinue to play well like the end of last season and we get a big win against the Eagles)

Week2 @ NYG=W (No Tiki hurts Big Blue and we start the season off 2-0)

Week3 vs Chargers=L (Prolly the best team in the NFL nuff said)

Week4 @ Queens=W (VIKINGS SUCK easy win)

Week5 vs Beras=W (close game but Bears D isnt the same without Briggs)

Week6 vs Redskins=W

Week7 BYE

Week8 @ Denver=L (Favre challenges Champ and throws 2-3ints)

Week9 @ KC=W (No Trent Green,O line not as good, unhappy LJ= Win for GB)

Week10 vs Queens=W (VIKINGS STILL SUCK easy win)

Week11 vs Panthers=L

Week12 @ Detroit=W (Al and C Wood shut down Roy and Calvin)

Week13 @ Dallas=L

Week14 vs Raiders=W (Favre lights up the raiders like he did when thy last plyed)

Week15 @ St Louis=L ( I think it will be hard to stop there O)

Week16 @ Chicago=L ( we go 1-1 vs da bears)

Week17 vs Lions=W (We finish the season 10-6 and Make the playoffs)

Last edited by Pack_Attack_4 : 07-20-2007 at 03:22 PM.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't argue with that assessment

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

seems reasonable and I'd be happy with it

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's plausible

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think STL, Panthers, and Denver would be a lost. STL offense is really overrated McMichael is losing it, Bruce is done, and Burrnett is overrated. Panthers also have problems on the offense that are still not fixed. Denver IMO d-line wont be able to put a pass rush and other then DJ Williams they have no one on the LB position also there FS/SS are garbage.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I don't think STL, Panthers, and Denver would be a lost. STL offense is really overrated McMichael is losing it, Bruce is done, and Burrnett is overrated. Panthers also have problems on the offense that are still not fixed. Denver IMO d-line wont be able to put a pass rush and other then DJ Williams they have no one on the LB position also there FS/SS are garbage.
yeah but lets be reasonable here

Old 07-20-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They do have Champ Bailey and Dre Bly at corner. The last time I checked they have Jim Bates at Defensive Coordinator as well so he'll find a way for the players to get to Favre. He didn't have as much talent in '05 and we were the #1 pass defense.

Old 07-21-2007, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
This is the way I see the upcomming season going for the Packers.

Week1 vs Philly=W (Countinue to play well like the end of last season and we get a big win against the Eagles)

Week2 @ NYG=W (No Tiki hurts Big Blue and we start the season off 2-0)

Week3 vs Chargers=L (Prolly the best team in the NFL nuff said)

Week4 @ Queens=W (VIKINGS SUCK easy win)

Week5 vs Beras=W (close game but Bears D isnt the same without Briggs)

Week6 vs Redskins=W

Week7 BYE

Week8 @ Denver=L (Favre challenges Champ and throws 2-3ints)

Week9 @ KC=W (No Trent Green,O line not as good, unhappy LJ= Win for GB)

Week10 vs Queens=W (VIKINGS STILL SUCK easy win)

Week11 vs Panthers=L

Week12 @ Detroit=W (Al and C Wood shut down Roy and Calvin)

Week13 @ Dallas=L

Week14 vs Raiders=W (Favre lights up the raiders like he did when thy last plyed)

Week15 @ St Louis=L ( I think it will be hard to stop there O)

Week16 @ Chicago=L ( we go 1-1 vs da bears)

Week17 vs Lions=W (We finish the season 10-6 and Make the playoffs)
No offense intended of coarse, but if anyone believes this will happen they have their homer glasses on. This is not realistic at all. I love the packers and all that, but I try to be unbiased when I make my predictions otherwise its just worthless feel good junk. Kind of like a mother that tells her kid he or she is so talented at this or that, but she knows shes full of crap.
The prediction listed above is like handing the packers every game that they have a slim chance of winning requiring every bounce to go their way, every call etc. Its not going to happen.
The packer are a 6 or 7 game winner this year, it sounds harsh but it represents the state of the packers and their schedule. The offense is in a major rebuilding mode, the defense is miles ahead. Nobody except a packer fan could or does believe they will win 10 games. If the packers were a 10 game winner type team Thompson would have been signing free agents to try and put the final pieces together in an attempt at a superbowl run. He stayed put this offseason to watch the rookies grow, get some experience, gel and make an asessment of the newer players. Every sports magazine, television football analyst or even Scott Wright can see the packers are almost certain to take a step back recordwise this season. They dont have the potential on their roster to be anything like the surprise New Orleans was last year.

Last edited by Football Fan : 07-22-2007 at 09:38 AM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 02:32 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Default Will The Packers Defense Be Good?

http://www.packerchatters.com/op-ed/view.php?id=2474
Old 07-21-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
Hawk was a rookie, Poppinga was a 1st time starter, KGB was still at DE, and Manuel stunk. We have progressed with the new starters and replaced the ones who have not done a good job. We will have a Top 10 defense in the NFL.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Hawk was a rookie, Poppinga was a 1st time starter, KGB was still at DE, and Manuel stunk. We have progressed with the new starters and replaced the ones who have not done a good job. We will have a Top 10 defense in the NFL.
Yeah, I think he is just messing with the numbers. I actually didnt even read the wholee thing yet, but I figured I would post it. All I know is I saw what I saw last year and the greenbay defense is good, getting better and another first round pick was spent on it this year. He is right that the defense wasnt that good in the first half though.

Last edited by Football Fan : 07-21-2007 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They do have Champ Bailey and Dre Bly at corner. The last time I checked they have Jim Bates at Defensive Coordinator as well so he'll find a way for the players to get to Favre. He didn't have as much talent in '05 and we were the #1 pass defense.
we also had Carroll as a starter and Bates couldn't make something out of him. We also had Woodson and Harris as CB but our FS/SS still gave up the big plays. Also Jim Bates is an Assi not the DC. They still will have problems in areas that can not be fixed with who they have.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Don't forget John Lynch

Old 07-21-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think our defense will be the thing that holds us together this year. I'm not sure the exact sources I've heard this from but i've heard a few people mention that our offense is the strong point and not the defense. I think it's the other way around, are we not returning every starter from our defense from last year? I think last year the main problem with our D was mis-communications and mental errors, the physical ability is there. The D is maturing as a unit and if you look at it on paper our only real weak point would be our safeties and lack of depth at corner.

If 1 player out of Manuel, Underwood or Culver is able to step up and become just an average player, then it will go a long way to improving our pass D. Our D-Line and LB's are the best they've been in years and if we look at the ages of the players in those positions they should only be getting better.

I agree with princefielder28 about our D, I think we will be anywhere from a #5-13 defense next year.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Don't forget John Lynch
lol he lost so many steps its not even funny.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol he lost so many steps its not even funny.
Maybe he has but i'd take him over Manuel, Culver and Underwood.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
Maybe he has but i'd take him over Manuel, Culver and Underwood.
I would take a turtle over Lynch.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I would take a turtle over Lynch.
Lynch has made the last 3 Pro Bowls, can any of our safety's say that? Your being quite the homer. Just cause he's a little older doesn't mean he's terrible. For instance, our quarterback.

Old 07-21-2007, 11:14 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

i would take Lynch over and of our safety but for sure he wont come if he does come back it would be his last year in the nfl maybe 2 left

so he would go some where for another ring
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:42 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Default A Fans' Guide to Green Bay Packers Training Camp

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=635830
Old 07-22-2007, 02:43 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Default Packers by position: WRs thin on talent

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs...707210471/1989
Old 07-22-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
the dude
Rookie

the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, I never really posted on this board, but i've been around for a couple of years. I'd like to think that I'm the first european packers fan on nfldc
Old 07-22-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dude View Post
Hey, I never really posted on this board, but i've been around for a couple of years. I'd like to think that I'm the first european packers fan on nfldc
Welcome!!!!

Old 07-22-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
the dude
Rookie

the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Welcome!!!!
Thanx a lot, I've been here since the days of keak and such, but I post at another forum so I never really (to say the least ) build a post count at nfldc
Old 07-22-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

With the 15th selection Lawrence Timmons being signed today, it shouldn't be too long before Justin Harrell is signed.