Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2007, 11:15 AM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

you say that blackmon seems to be the favorite but ive read that he isnt holding up to the competition or something of the sort. but id rather have him be the nickel then any of the other guys we have on our roster at the moment.

as for linebackers how did bishop look? hodge needs to get his act together so we can start playing barnett on the outside and hodge in the middle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
How's Jennings done?
Jennings looked pretty good last night. He had quit a few catches early on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit View Post
you say that blackmon seems to be the favorite but ive read that he isnt holding up to the competition or something of the sort. but id rather have him be the nickel then any of the other guys we have on our roster at the moment.
Blackmon looked really good playing last night. I think Jarrett Bush and him are probably the front runners for the nickleback. Also, as GB12 said, Frank Walker is doing very bad.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

My favorite part was when Hawk got in the official's face for the pass interference call. That was easily the most emotion I've seen from him since he's been here. He's definitely way more vocal this year. During the practice on NFL Network McCarthy had him lead the team chant or whatever at the end of practice. Then last night I saw him talking a lot more on the field. I felt that was his only downside was that he wasn't vocal enough. He still will be a leader by example but I like that he is stepping up as a leader and communicator doing these little things will get the rest of the team to respond to him.

1st team offense looked good. Favre was very accurate. I like Clowney as the returner. Jarrett Bush looked really good. I wouldn't be surprised if he is the nickel when the season starts. The broadcasters also said he has been climbing up the CB ranks on the team. Rouse didn't seem to play much, but he did have a big hit in the flat on I think DeShawn Wynn. There were 3 or 4 really good hits.

It's hard to keep up at times because it's a very fast paced situation. Normally I have plenty of time to view the set up before the play begins but during the scrimmage it went much faster so it was harder to make more observations.
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit View Post

as for linebackers how did bishop look? hodge needs to get his act together so we can start playing barnett on the outside and hodge in the middle
Well he was placed with the second team. With Woodson and Harris not playing, Dendy and Bush were on first team, so that might say something. He was the best last night though. Bush has surprised me that he worked that far up the depth chart. I think he'll get a roster spot because he is very good on kick off and punt coverage. Dendy didn't make any mistakes he just didn't have any big plays either. Now it's not like he could have done anything better, the plays just didn't come his way. The thing that Blackmon has over the rest of the cornerbacks is potential. He has the physical tools and mental capability. Out of all of them Blackmon is the only that I could see eventually being a starter. I like Dendy and hope he sticks around on the Packers for the future. If we were in a win now situation he'd keep his job, but we are still developing in some spots so that gives it to Blackmon.

I couldn't even tell you if Bishop played. If he did he sure didn't do much. Hodge is ready when it comes to run stopping, but his pass coverage is not close to acceptable for NFL competition. I'm much more comfortable with Brady in there like we had last year.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

i think brady is god awful and i dont know about hodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only person that was pretty impressed by Tramon Williams? I think he could be a dark horse to make the roster.

Last edited by mqtirishfan : 08-05-2007 at 06:16 PM.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Am I the only person that was pretty impressed by Traman Williams? I think he could be a dark horse to make the roster.
I don't wanna sound ignorant but, who? Can you tell me about this guy.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
Tramon Williams. He's a CB who got an INT last night and laid a very pretty hit on somebody, but I can't remember who.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
CB who was on the practice squad last year. I don't think he'll make it. Here's how I see the CB position playing out

1. Al Harris
2. Charles Woodson
3. Will Blackmon
4. Patrick Dendy
5. Jarrett Bush
Old 08-05-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Our offensive quality control coach is Ty Knott. What a sweet name.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't necessarily think Frank will get cut. He's an excellent ST player, and TT will stick with him.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Jennings looked pretty good last night. He had quit a few catches early on.

Blackmon looked really good playing last night. I think Jarrett Bush and him are probably the front runners for the nickleback. Also, as GB12 said, Frank Walker is doing very bad.
Good cuz i herd he was doing bad
How did Ruvell do?
Did Ingle play?
How bout our TE's?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I don't necessarily think Frank will get cut. He's an excellent ST player, and TT will stick with him.
Bush has been better at CB and is as good or better on special teams. I really don't see Walker making the team. That basically means we could have skipped FA completely, which kind of sucks but it's the truth.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Good cuz i herd he was doing bad
How did Ruvell do?
Did Ingle play?
How bout our TE's?
Ruvell made some good catches, WRs were in and out so there's not a whole lot to judge him on

Martin got a couple series. Nothing spectacular, but I still like him as a prospect.

TEs didn't do much. I guess since like half of them were sitting out they decided to focus more on other areas.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Driver extended... again? Surprising to say the least. I didn't see this one coming at all.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=642737

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 08-05-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Driver extended... again? Surprising to say the least. I didn't see this one coming at all.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=642737
Good for him, he deserves it

Old 08-05-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Good for him, he deserves it
Well he sure does, but it's a bit peculiar because he was just extended last season...

they get smoked.

Old 08-05-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well he sure does, but it's a bit peculiar because he was just extended last season...
what's so peculiar about it, I hope it means he's been looking good in TC

Old 08-05-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

I'm glad to see him get it.

Quote:
"My goal is to get to the Super Bowl," Driver said. "(No.) 4 has one. I'd like one, too. Antonio Freeman, (Robert) Brooks, William (Henderson), Brett, Frankie (Winters), 'Chewey' (Mark Chmura), they all have one and all have been there. I'm just hoping I can get there and win that Super Bowl. It would put a big smile on my face."
I don't think I've ever seen him without a big smile on his face.

Old 08-06-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I feel like I'm a top five receiver in the league
I love ya DD, but....

they get smoked.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

I thought Jarret Bush looked really good in the scrimmage, but i dont know, depth at Corner looks pretty good, solid starters, then who knows, but its a lot of depth
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
I love ya DD, but....
If ne1 on the packers deserves an extension its DD i know hes gettin up there in age but hes been a consistant 1200yrd WR the past 3 years so i say giv it too him.

Last edited by Pack_Attack_4 : 08-06-2007 at 02:58 PM.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
If ne1 on the packers deserves an extension its DD i know hes gettin up there in age but hes been a consistant 1200yrd WR the past 3 years so i say giv it too him.
UH... I never said he didn't deserve it, but he's not a top 5 receiver. Which is what I quoted.

they get smoked.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Well each year of 1,200 and up will help him climb higher on the rankings. This time last year Scott had him at 15th in the league or something for example and I'm sure that's changed. He's probably raised up everybody's boards. I don't think he's a top 5 cause he isn't the total package type of receiver but he's a hell of a player. He's one of those guy's that you label "a football player" (you guys know what I mean). Overall attributes will not put him in the top 5 but what's missing from his resume is a huge year statistically. He's had some good ones but nothing that makes you say wow. He said he's shooting for 1,300 yards. If he can get that with double digit TD's and 85 or more receptions he should be in the discussion of breaking into the top 5.
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Brandon Jackson ROTY? This cat says so.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...sn&type=l gns

they get smoked.