Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Brandon Jackson ROTY? This cat says so.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...sn&type=l gns
Great to see Jackson getting respect, but very surprising to see him that high. I think he'll be sharing a lot of time with Morency, even with the injury, but he's still got a shot i suppose.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Great to see Jackson getting respect, but very surprising to see him that high. I think he'll be sharing a lot of time with Morency, even with the injury, but he's still got a shot i suppose.
I really think his ranking is based upon the position he's in with the Packers this year as much as Jackson's skills themselves.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

interesting to see how the team was built and how young we really are

http://www.packers.com/team/how_built/

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jolly to start?

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=643070

I think we may see one of the current DTs dealt before preseason is over.

Quote:
By next week, McKenzie acknowledged that teams will have looked at exhibition tape and some might inquire about the Packers' interest in dealing a defensive tackle.

"I'm sure other teams might come knocking," he said. "But I don't want to let any of those guys go."
Even peter king arises the idea.

Quote:
With defensive tackle Booger McFarland now likely lost for the year because of a knee injury -- and the odds pretty slim of replacing him with any warm-bodied adult male who could do the job at 60 percent of McFarland's effectiveness -- the Colts might have just suffered the loss that breaks them. Already battered by the loss of five key defensive players in free agency and the retirement of left tackle Tarik Glenn, Indy may have suffered the worst blow of all by losing McFarland.

The Colts don't have the cap money to go get a big-name defensive tackle -- as if one were available at this time of year anyway. Defensive tackle is a commodity everyone in the league looks for, and the good ones are in short supply.

My advice to Colts architect Bill Polian: Scout the Green Bay Packers on Saturday at Pittsburgh. Look hard at No. 97 for the Pack, Johnny Jolly. He's a 6-foot-3, 317-pound hulk with movement, who, when I saw him last Friday, was every bit the specimen of first-round pick Justin Harrell. And the Packers might not have a spot for him in their DT rotation. Jolly was a sixth-round pick in 2006, and my guess is the Packers would take a low fourth-rounder for him. That's the kind of fix the Colts need to make now, and the kind Polian is so good at. He's often made chicken salad out of chicken feathers, and Indianapolis needs his Midas touch this month as much as ever.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 08-07-2007 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think trading a DT would be a good idea.

I wasn't aware of this, but Driver's new contract, as well as Woodson's, are structured so that their bonuses are paid weekly only if they are on the active roster that week.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Look who popped in for a visit to TC on monday. Stud.

Shot at 2007-08-07

they get smoked.

Old 08-07-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jolly to start?

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=643070

I think we may see one of the current DTs dealt before preseason is over.

Even peter king arises the idea.
I would try and take a 3rd because once Williams leaves this coming offseason we would need another DT to draft/sign to play behind Harrell.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I would try and take a 3rd because once Williams leaves this coming offseason we would need another DT to draft/sign to play behind Harrell.
Uh, jolly?

they get smoked.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Uh, jolly?
huh? Jolly would be traded to the Colts so how would we have him.

Williams leaves via FA
Jolly leaves via trade

which leaves Colin Cole, Ryan Pickett, Justin Harrell.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Williams leaves via FA
Jolly leaves via trade

1st-Theres nothing saying Williams WILL leave, yet
2nd-Cole is a good backup and would compete w/ Harrell for the starting job.
Are there any colts players worth looking at? Any CB's?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Williams leaves via FA
Jolly leaves via trade

If they Packers traded Jolly they would resign Williams. TE is the position for consideration IF there was a trade with the Colts.

they get smoked.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Colts are pretty deep at TE as pass catchers from what I've seen. It seems every one of them I see makes a contribution when they're out there.
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to keep them all. It might be hard to find playing time for all these guys, but I'd hate to let one go. DT depth is a good luxury to have. Just look at the example you gave, the Colts had very poor depth and are now screwed. Plus they should be subbed often and kept fresh. Sure getting a 4th for Jolly would be 2 rounds higher than we spent, but I really want to see what this kid can do. None of them are under 27 so at some point someone will be moved, I just don't think now's the time to do it.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Alright, I know this is very very unlikely to happen, BUT Dallas Clark is likely leaving the Colts after this season due to salary cap. Correct? Would the Packers and Colts make an inquiry there?

they get smoked.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
Colts are pretty deep at TE as pass catchers from what I've seen. It seems every one of them I see makes a contribution when they're out there.
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Manning is the quarterback? Just maybe.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.../70807205/1989

Uh o GB12.

they get smoked.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:03 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
this is his first practice in over a year. I would love it if the Packers manged to get Bob Sanders, the Colts will not afford him which will make him a FA and they get signed Cory Williams cheaper now then Bob because Bob a Elite player and Williams isn't.

trade- Corey Williams+Marviel Underwood+4th round pick
for
Bob Sanders+6th round pick+Bryan Fletcher

Then move Aaron Rouse to OLB if Brady Poppinga continues to miss his coverage. I don't know I'm just day dreaming.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
this is his first practice in over a year. I would love it if the Packers manged to get Bob Sanders, the Colts will not afford him which will make him a FA and they get signed Cory Williams cheaper now then Bob because Bob a Elite player and Williams isn't.

for

Then move Aaron Rouse to OLB if Brady Poppinga continues to miss his coverage. I don't know I'm just day dreaming.
I doubt we would get the 6th and fletcher

Old 08-07-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:

for

Dreaming is right, but hey who dosen't like to dream?

they get smoked.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Dreaming is right, but hey who dosen't like to dream?
Jolly for Harrison and Wayne!

Old 08-07-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

The pack may need all the DTs we can get if things start going like this....

http://www.packersnews.com/includes/...er/index.shtml

Four players -- defensive tackles Justin Harrell (groin) and Ryan Pickett (knee), running back DeShawn Wynn (quadriceps) and tight end Clark Harris (hip flexor) -- dropped out of practice Tuesday night. Harris had returned in the morning after missing three sessions because of a sprained ankle.

they get smoked.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Donald Driver had an unbelieveable one handed catch tonight!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:45 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.
Default Packers keeping the faith with Manuel

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=644102
I wonder if underwood will make it as the 4th saftey. Seems like they have to find a way to keep him.

Last edited by Football Fan : 08-08-2007 at 02:52 AM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:18 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Corey Williams For Ben Utecht & 2008 Draft Pick
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Corey Williams For Ben Utecht & 2008 Draft Pick
I think fletcher is a better TE than utecht
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote