Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok who do you guys think would have made the better pro WR, Terrence Murphy or Greg Jennings? IMO I think Murphy because of his speed and jumping ability.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
ok who do you guys think would have made the better pro WR, Terrence Murphy or Greg Jennings? IMO I think Murphy because of his speed and jumping ability.
Terrence Murphy; if he didn't get hurt we would not have Greg Jennings on our team. He was a terrific athlete that was not only a threat in the passing game but in special teams as well. It's unfortunate that an injury ended his career so soon, and we never got a chance to see how good he really could've been.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isnt he back (Murhpy)?
Nevermind
Quote:
He is currently helping coach wide receivers and kick returners at Trinity Valley Community College in Athens, Texas.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Last edited by neko4 : 08-08-2007 at 12:14 PM.
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I'm not worried. I have said that it wouldn't surprise me to see Manuel keep it for this year.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every time I hear someone mention Jenkins, I have to stop and think, get my head around Geoff Jenkins, Michael Jenkins, etc. until I finally remember Cullen Jenkins. Damn baseball, not worth a thing.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:19 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Every time I hear someone mention Jenkins, I have to stop and think, get my head around Geoff Jenkins, Michael Jenkins, etc. until I finally remember Cullen Jenkins. Damn baseball, not worth a thing.
Cullen will be worth a thing. He'll be a stud this year.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

you guys say that if terrence was healthy we would not have taken jennings. while i dont find that all that true because did we not draft jones and clowney this year?

think how good we couldve been to have all three (murph, jennings and jones). they all have good potential

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be going to watch practice next Thursday. It'll be my first time in awhile.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
interesting to see how the team was built and how young we really are

http://www.packers.com/team/how_built/
look at all the solid starters we got from the Sherman era, compared to the starters we have already from TT

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 03:32 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaKeW...elated&search=

Watch at 2:10 and pay attention to what they say about Sharper, that's hilarious.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 08-10-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meant to ask this earlier, but what do you guys think of Joey Thomas. The Boy's signed him in the offseason, and he looked pretty good in the first preseason game. What should we expect from him?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Meant to ask this earlier, but what do you guys think of Joey Thomas. The Boy's signed him in the offseason, and he looked pretty good in the first preseason game. What should we expect from him?
A small school product with alot of success in college. Sherman drafted him on what his potential could have been and what his track record already was. He has the ability to be a solid nickel or dime corner in the NFL, but nothing more than that.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Thomas was very unimpressive in Green Bay. Don't expect much from him. He probably won't make the team, but I don't really know what Dallas' CB situation is.

EDIT: If I remember right, part of the reason he was cut was because he had gotten into some fights with other players (I know him and Carrol didn't get along).

Last edited by jackalope : 08-10-2007 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Thomas was very unimpressive in Green Bay. Don't expect much from him. He probably won't make the team, but I don't really know what Dallas' CB situation is.
We pretty much got our top 4 guys set with Newman, Henry, Glenn and Nate Jones. But I like and Thomas' size and he played good yesterday, so I just wanted some more info on him. Appreciate the help from both you and PF.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was as bad as or worse than Ahmad Carroll. That should tell you everything you need to know.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hes not ment for the NFL anymore, especially sense dallas drafted two cb's. he'l get cut unless he has a breakout year
Old 08-10-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Hes not ment for the NFL anymore, especially sense dallas drafted two cb's. he'l get cut unless he has a breakout year
Well they were both 7th round picks, and one of them Courtney Brown has been moved to safety. But we'll see how Thomas does.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
5- Specific game threads should be allowed before, during, and following each game the Packers play. Discussions on play calling, plays made, and whatever else can then be discussed.
Will this apply to preseason games too?

Old 08-11-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Will this apply to preseason games too?
i dont find it necesry, just make one for all of them
Old 08-11-2007, 03:29 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

all i know is that James Jones wouldnt be on our team
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
all i know is that James Jones wouldnt be on our team
Well, actually, we probably could have still drafted him in the 5th round or something, but I get your point.

Old 08-11-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Is this game going to be on the NFL network?

they get smoked.

Old 08-11-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Everyone celebrate, its the 88th anniversery(spell?) of the founding of the greatest team ever
Old 08-11-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Well, so far the offense is terrible, but the defense is great.

Old 08-11-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well, so far the offense is terrible, but the defense is great.
I think you spoke too soon. Pitt remembered who the Packers safeties are and decided to start throwing bombs.

they get smoked.