Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Front 7 is as good as your going to find in the NFL and our 2 CBs are a great duo. The safety spot showed itself as a weakness throughout the entire game. Defense is always going to look better at this point in the year as well b/c they just have to get to the ball and know their assignments/zones. I'm not too worried about the offense b/c with enough time the timing of the plays and comfort for Favre with the rest of the offense will come.
the good news tho is it wasnt our starting Saftey's Collins and Manuel they only played three snaps and were done. It was Atari Bibgy and Marviel Underwood giving up the big plays. Harris Woodson didnt play at all didnt even make the trip.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
the good news tho is it wasnt our starting Saftey's Collins and Manuel they only played three snaps and were done. It was Atari Bibgy and Marviel Underwood giving up the big plays. Harris Woodson didnt play at all didnt even make the trip.
The problem with the safety spot is that it shows if one of them goes down then we are in BIG trouble.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The problem with the safety spot is that it shows if one of them goes down then we are in BIG trouble.
Collins especially imo

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Collins especially imo
On local radio today Chris Havel said he thinks the Packers will keep 3 safeties, Collins, Manuel, and Rouse.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
On local radio today Chris Havel said he thinks the Packers will keep 3 safeties, Collins, Manuel, and Rouse.
Havel is a joke. A team can't get by with only one backup to both safety spots.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We aren't going to keep only 3 safties, that's rediculous. If we did Rouse wouldn't be the third. Ranking the safeties in order of who's played the best I'd put them like this

1.Collins
2.Manuel
3.Bigby
4.Underwood
5.Rouse
6.Culver
Old 08-13-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
We aren't going to keep only 3 safties, that's rediculous. If we did Rouse wouldn't be the third. Ranking the safeties in order of who's played the best I'd put them like this

1.Collins
2.Manuel
3.Bigby
4.Underwood
5.Rouse
6.Culver
I know Underwood is your boy, but they are going to keep a raw safety that they drafted in the 3rd round and Bigby was flat out terrible against the Steelers. If they kept a 4th I would say Underwood just for the simple fact that we don't know how good he can be until he's 100% but Bigby and Culver can pack their bags right now.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know Underwood is your boy, but they are going to keep a raw safety that they drafted in the 3rd round and Bigby was flat out terrible against the Steelers. If they kept a 4th I would say Underwood just for the simple fact that we don't know how good he can be until he's 100% but Bigby and Culver can pack their bags right now.
That was just ranking them on their play, not the order of who would be kept. The main point is there is absolutely no chance we go with only 3. With how week our safety position is already we're going to keep as many as possible. We'll most likely keep 4, 5 I guess is a possibility but that's a stretch. Bigby has really been a surprise, I'm not ready to give up on him yet. Culver seems to have taken a step back, so I'll agree he has little to no shot of making it now.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:53 AM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, according to this Bigby would be the leader for the 3rd safety spot like GB12 had it.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=646182

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:17 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After watching that game on Saturday I can see why Manuel is still starting.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 08-14-2007, 08:23 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughrider30 View Post
Well, according to this Bigby would be the leader for the 3rd safety spot like GB12 had it.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=646182
Bigby is one of those guys that is a very good practice player but when he steps out on that field he's an entirely different player.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:24 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only see Culver getting cut
Also is Peprah still there?
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:26 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
I only see Culver getting cut
Also is Peprah still there?
It would be tough for them to hold on to 5 safeties, Manuel, Collins, Rouse, Underwood, and Bigby. I think four would be the max with Bigby being the odd man out.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:17 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

I wouldn't be surprised to see Underwood cut, he hasn't gotten much praise at all and he looked horrible last Saturday. Bigby did too but I get the feeling that the coaching staff will cut him more slack than Underwood who has been around longer.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 08-15-2007, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Could Underwood go back on injured reserve?
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's almost unheard of to only keep 3 safties anymore. In fact I can't think of a single team that does. 5 is much more common, in fact the Bears have kept 5 safties all three years Lovie's been coach.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

i have Culver over Bigby & Peprah
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
It's almost unheard of to only keep 3 safties anymore. In fact I can't think of a single team that does. 5 is much more common, in fact the Bears have kept 5 safties all three years Lovie's been coach.
They're generally good special teamers too so it's not like it's a big burden to carry a bunch of them.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
i have Culver over Bigby & Peprah
Have you actually seen them play this year or is that based on last year? Bigby has really improved where Culver dropped off. I would say that at this point Bigby is the clear #3.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
jpapa4490
Rookie

jpapa4490 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see Underwood cut, he hasn't gotten much praise at all and he looked horrible last Saturday. Bigby did too but I get the feeling that the coaching staff will cut him more slack than Underwood who has been around longer.

There is no way in my mind underwood gets cut because even though he's not having the greatest training camp alot of players say the first year back from an injury like underwoods is an off year. I think underwood stays and Bigby also.
jpapa4490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

id say we keep 5 safties
1.Collins
2.Manuel
3.Bigby
4.Rouse
5.Underwood
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Robert Ferguson will not play another down as a Green Bay Packer. The Packers are looking at trading him, and if they can't do that he will be released.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

I've been waiting all off season for that to happen. It shouldn't be unexpected to any Packers fan. We won't be able to trade him though, he'll just get cut.

EDIT: My money is on him ending up in Houston.

Last edited by GB12 : 08-16-2007 at 10:26 PM.
GB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:42 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Robert Ferguson will not play another down as a Green Bay Packer. The Packers are looking at trading him, and if they can't do that he will be released.
i would like to trade him for a back up safety

Michael Grenn
Michael Bowlware
Pierson Prioleau

Last edited by The Legend : 08-17-2007 at 01:49 AM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:07 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, Brett Favre is sexy.
B8h bye FERGY! You pusssy.; http://www.packersnews.com/includes/...er/index.shtml

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 08-17-2007 at 03:30 AM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote