Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Culver's not on the team anymore.
well sorta he is not on the 53 man roster but he is on IR

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In a national conference call Wednesday, Favre was asked whether the success of the Packers this season would affect his decision to play on for a couple more years.

In no uncertain terms, he said yes.

"If I play at a high enough level and we, meaning this team and organization, come close or get into the playoffs, have some success, but are just a little bit away, they still feel like I can play, want to pay me what they're paying me to lead this team, and I still felt like I have it left, yes, I see no reasons why (not)," Favre said.
Ha. Vegas has declared the Packers now have a 17-1 chance at the Super Bowl, where as when the season started, it was 75-1.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Last edited by Boston : 09-22-2007 at 12:37 AM.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.
Default Packers reward Tauscher by reworking his contract

He gets $2.8 million in additional bonuses
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=665764
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 02:25 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

The Green Bay Press-Gazette reports that Packers seventh-round rookie RB DeShawn Wynn has earned more playing time starting in Week 3 and could end up starting for the Packers in the near future. Through two games, Wynn has 58 rush yards on 11 carries (5.3 avg.) with two touchdowns and 36 yards on three catches; Jackson has 75 rush yards on 32 caries (2.3 avg.) with no touchdowns and 59 receiving yards on eight catches. Both running backs are expected to see playing time until veteran Vernand Morency (knee) is back at full strength. "(Wynn) kind of starts slower and accelerates fast, so he almost looks quicker (than Jackson)," offensive coordinator Joe Philbin said. "Sometimes Brandon's the opposite -- sometimes Brandon's too quick out of the gate and not as quick through the hole. At this stage of the game, DeShawn has a little more control initially, and you sometimes see change of gears and acceleration, and Brandon at times is a little quick out there initially where you'd want him to be slower."

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS at GREEN BAY PACKERS INJURY REPORT

CHARGERS:
OUT: WR Eric Parker (toe). (0% Chance)
DOUBTFUL: LB Matt Wilhelm (calf). (25% Chance)
QUESTIONABLE: T Shane Olivea (back). (50% Chance)
PROBABLE: LB Stephen Cooper (neck) (90% Chance)

PACKERS
OUT: DE Mike Montgomery (knee). (0% Chance)
DOUBTFUL: RB Vernand Morency (knee). (25% Chance)
QUESTIONABLE: LB Desmond Bishop (shoulder). (50% Chance)
PROBABLE: WR Greg Jennings (hamstring), (90% Chance)

Last edited by The Legend : 09-22-2007 at 05:34 AM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do we still run the ZBS? I mean, honestly. We don't do our classic U-71 type sweeps anymore, we rarely run outside the tackles, and on the rare occasion we do run, it's right up the middle, into the massive blob of players our ZBS has created. We've been at this for two years, isn't it time we start transitioning back to a normal, if you will, run blocking scheme?

Hitman D

Old 09-23-2007, 04:38 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting note that if the Packers beat the Chargers, they'll be the first team ever to open a season with 3 victories over playoff teams from the previous season.

On the ZBS, it worries me that the protection is shady, even more so than the rushing yardage. Denver plugged in yet another RB and he's leading the league in rushing with the ZBS. Since the center and guards are ZBS bodies, I think it would be a bit difficult to transition back to a power sweep and trap team.We'll see if our system can make a rusher out of unheralded backs like Denver, or whether it is just a poor copy that needs to be scrapped. If Wynn averages 5 yards a carry for the season, then it is more likely the ZBS than not!
Old 09-23-2007, 06:40 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

I think losing Jagodzinski after 1 year was a set back for the ZBS. (forgive the attempt at spelling his name)
Old 09-23-2007, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
I think losing Jagodzinski after 1 year was a set back for the ZBS. (forgive the attempt at spelling his name)
I think you may have gotten it right.

If we continue to be below average running the ball we should sign Alan Faneca this off season. He's on my want list if we don't improve.
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

I hate hoping dallas wins tonight against the bears concidering I hate the cowboys, but GO COWBOYS! The packers now have a real chance to take the division.
I think its safe to say my prediction of the packers only winning 7 games this year is likely pleasantly very wrong.

Last edited by Football Fan : 09-23-2007 at 05:10 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
I fully agree that losing Jags set the run game back. I don't think the coaches right now are doing as good a job at teaching the techniques. Denver is still doing very well with the system no matter who they put in. Maybe Morency will bring something positive.

That being said, MM has come out and just turned the entire game over to Favre. Who can argue with 6 TDs to 2 picks? I would have liked the ball run at 4-1 at the goal-line, but then Greg wouldn't have had the beautiful slant for a TD. Is that his signature play? It seems he can just out-motor everyone on the field when he crosses the middle and breaks to the goal-line.

The Green Bay Packers are the ONLY team to EVER start the season with three victories over playoff teams from the year before. Whoot!!!
Old 09-23-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea we beat the chargers, i had a good feeling that if we shut down LT running that we would win Great win today guys we really established our selfs in the NFC as one of the best
Old 09-23-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So if Dallas wins the Bears fall under .500 with us up 2 games on them, if Chicago wins we will be the only undefeated team in the NFC. Both sound very nice, but I'll definitely be rooting for Dallas.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

We've pretty much got a target painted to our back now.

Hitman D

Old 09-23-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
We've pretty much got a target painted to our back now.
Thats for sure, especially if we end up winning next week. 4-0 would considerably raise expectations.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

yeah seem people want to vs the new bad ass defence of ours
Old 09-23-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
So if Dallas wins the Bears fall under .500 with us up 2 games on them, if Chicago wins we will be the only undefeated team in the NFC. Both sound very nice, but I'll definitely be rooting for Dallas.

and your dreams come true
Old 09-23-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geo is ussully a pretty smart dude but...
Quote:
10. Green Bay Packers GM Ted Thompson is quietly but surely building one of the best defenses in the NFC. I’m not sold on the Packers making the playoffs though. Their schedule doesn’t look good for them at all, and I would be wary about Al Harris and Charles Woodson staying healthy for all 16 games - with little in the way of depth behind them. The offense doesn’t have a running game to take the ball out of Brett Favre’s hands, which means too much is on him and the career interceptions record is impending. Opponents know they just have to put their best corner on Donald Driver or double him. Mike McCarthy isn’t anything special as a head coach or offensive mind, let’s be real. Despite a superb front seven that includes the best starting LB core in the league, I think a tough year awaits the Pack in 2007 though the future is bright afterwards.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Chargers players giving big praise.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=666155
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
Chargers players giving big praise.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=666155
I kinda liked reading this part, it has a nice ring to it:

"The way they're playing right now, the way Favre's playing, the way their offensive line is protecting, yes, they can win the NFC North," quarterback Billy Volek said. "They are playing great ball right now. I don't know if their defense or the Bears' is better but the better offense obviously is Green Bay's right now."

This part I liked the best:
I don't know if their defense or the Bears' is better but the better offense obviously is Green Bay's right now."

Last edited by Football Fan : 09-24-2007 at 12:55 AM.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:58 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone heard anything about the extent of the injuries of Collins and jenkins?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:32 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

From MM:

(Do you have the injuries?)
Yes, Cullen Jenkins had the wind knocked out of him. He returned. Nick Collins has a back, he returned. The second time Cullen Jenkins left the game it was the same thing, he had the wind knocked out of him.

-I am worried about Jenkins as he mentioned he was having a hard time catching his breath. Collins and Harris both have back issues, so it's time to bring ion the massage therapist and chiropractor and give them daily treatment! Not sure about Jenkins, but it looks like Collins and Harris will be in there against Vikes next week.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:01 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else ever listen to the calls on the game from the local guys? I don't know his name, but i believe he was an expacker and how biased he is. Every time the packers have a huge play he yells YES!!! Not very professional, but i find it enjoyable... A perfect example is here when Greg scores the tader.
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8029b841

On another note... after watching Favre play yesterday it is crystal clear to me that the only reason he is playing is for selfish reasons such as the records.... right???

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 09-24-2007 at 05:04 AM.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:14 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
On another note... after watching Favre play yesterday it is crystal clear to me that the only reason he is playing is for selfish reasons such as the records.... right???
Is that sarcasm or pure seriousness?
Old 09-24-2007, 09:28 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
100% sarcasm

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You should know better than to think I would speak adverse of Die fuher.

they get smoked.