Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I can't wait to see Favre put of 50 points on the Lions on Thursday.

This game would have been a hell of a lot more exciting if Detroit hadn't embarrassed themselves these past two weekends.
What's up with Fisher and Bashir?
Old 11-18-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Corey Williams - 4 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles.

Beast. Lock this guy up! I know we drafted Harrell, but everything we hoped he'd turn into we have already with Williams. Why let the proven guy walk and let everything rest on a second year player. The longer we wait the higher his price will get. We like to reward our players who have preformed well and this is a case where that should happen.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post

Beast. Lock this guy up! I know we drafted Harrell, but everything we hoped he'd turn into we have already with Williams. Why let the proven guy walk and let everything rest on a second year player. The longer we wait the higher his price will get. We like to reward our players who have preformed well and this is a case where that should happen.
I agree 100%.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think we probably drafted Harrell thinking he could take Pickett's job.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What's up with Fisher and Bashir?
Not sure yet. Fisher is probably ok, it was just a cramp is his calf I believe.

Bashir didn't return.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

I think Williams would sign for something similar to what Barnett, and Hawk got. 5 or 6 years for about $35 million. It also fits the play as a unit theme, instead of having one beast making astronomical money. That would be the advantage of getting it done now. He would probably get one of those 7 year $49 million deals if he hit the open market.

We just gotta Re-Sign:

Corey Williams
Atari Bigby
probably Ryan Grant
Donald Lee-check mark-

Don't be surprised if there's an extra year or two added to Kampman's deal with more money in each year.

Similar to the Harris, Tauscher and Driver situations. He signed a 4 year $21 million dollar deal. Freeney, Schobel, Charles Grant, DT's- Kevin Williams, Cory Redding are all defensive linemen off the top of my head that got deals worth well over $40 million in the last calender year. You could make the argument he's better than or just as good as all of them. Terrell Suggs is a Free Agent to be, and Peppers has 1 more year, they will easily get $40 million plus. Of course Merriman and Ware will get there's too now that I think of it.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldn't that basically go against our entire philosophy if we let Williams walk? I understand the economics and such, but come on. Look at what happened to the Bears, or is happening, after they let there DL depth go.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love this. I love seeing our special teams unit do this, and then just stop the returner cold around the twenty. We have very good special teams coverage this year, and it seems as if it's gone unnoticed.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

We definitely need to keep Corey Williams and let Colin Cole and Daniel Muir walk. Restructure KGB and/or Bubba's deals if money really is a problem.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
We definitely need to keep Corey Williams and let Colin Cole and Daniel Muir walk. Restructure KGB and/or Bubba's deals if money really is a problem.
Harrell will take Coles spot so let him go, but there's really no reason to git rid of Muir. He costs next to nothing and has good potential. Cap really isn't a problem, we'll actually have more room than last year. We can afford to resign all our FAs and draft picks while still having a good amount to sign someone else should we choose. Also add Koren Robinson, Ruvell Martin, and Jarrett Bush to the resign list.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:24 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
I think ol' bubba is as good as gone after this season.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Sorry, but I'm still not liking Rouse. His strong point was supposed to be run support, but he can't tackle. He won't be able to beat out Bigby and has no chance at SLB over Poppinga.
Still not liking Rouse after last game? The guy has great football instincts and moves extremely well for a 6'4 225 safety. He made two plays on the opposition tight end and one of them was a pick. Once Collins returns he might take over Bigby's spot or get some playing time on passing downs.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Realistically I'm not sold on Bigby as a long-term starter. I think Rouse may overtake him soon. He's been very solid, especially for a rookie. Bigby just makes too many mistakes, which is killer at the safety position.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Johnny Jolly to miss at least two weeks.

http://www.packersnews.com/includes/...er/index.shtml

Any word on when Harrell will be ready? Muir and Cole are also injured. Luckily we have all this depth.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Johnny Jolly to miss at least two weeks.

http://www.packersnews.com/includes/...er/index.shtml

Any word on when Harrell will be ready? Muir and Cole are also injured. Luckily we have all this depth.
He's healthy, just probably not in playing shape (what's new).

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=687558

"Rookie defensive tackle Justin Harrell was cleared to play after an ankle injury but was inactive along with veteran Colin Cole."

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

BTW, did anyone see on the punt return how many panthers got jack up. I counted at least 3 but it could have been more.

How special has this season been? Things just seem to be clicking right now and if they can beat Dallas they could realisticly go 15-1, 14-2 if they rest their starters in the Detriot game.

The key is this Dallas game, even with the large lead in the division, IMO it's a must win for GB. Having dallas come to GB for a possiable NFC cg would be a huge thing for this packers team.

I can't doubt this team, i think they played alittle sloppy in the 2nd half yesterday but I think they want to get to the real test like Detroit and Dallas. I can't wait to watch this team every week.

They still aren't getting enough respect by the national media, but really I don't think that's a bad thing. They have a chance to show everyone who they are on Thanksgiving which is probably a bigger stage then MNF a couple of weeks ago.

What a ride this is!

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only after every single week we've won up until the Viking game kind of been hesitant to say SUPERBOWL? It feels so good to finally see them firing on all cylinders and convinvingly* winning games. We look good, and I can't wait for the next 2 games. We just have to remember that a loss or 2 or even 3 is OKAY and not the end of the world. As long as we are healthy come playoff time, I don't care who we get first.
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Am I the only after every single week we've won up until the Viking game kind of been hesitant to say SUPERBOWL? It feels so good to finally see them firing on all cylinders and convinvingly* winning games. We look good, and I can't wait for the next 2 games. We just have to remember that a loss or 2 or even 3 is OKAY and not the end of the world. As long as we are healthy come playoff time, I don't care who we get first.
As long as we get a first round bye, who cares how many losses we have.. but we DEFINITELY need that bye, playing even one extra game in the playoffs is rough.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Realistically I'm not sold on Bigby as a long-term starter. I think Rouse may overtake him soon. He's been very solid, especially for a rookie. Bigby just makes too many mistakes, which is killer at the safety position.
If Rouse can be half as good as Bigby against the run, then he will take over his spot. We need a guy like Rouse to go up against tight ends and double up on guys like Roy williams, T.O. and hopefully a Randy Moss. Bigby cant be that guy.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok, i'm allowing myself to think about the packers in the superbowl as well. they may not be the most talented team in the NFC, but i do believe they are the most complete team. which means they match up against anybody in the playoffs as all other teams have their weakness. dallas has their pass defense, new york has the pass defense and inconsistent QB play. seattle and tampa are just mediocre teams all around and whoever else ends up going has more than their share of weaknesses.

that said, what happens if we get to the superbowl? how does ANY team beat the Patriots? especially since they have a certain WR that has made a career out of killing the Packers.

i hate to be negative, but sometimes when i think ahead to the playoffs, and the best case scenario playing out, i still can't help worry about getting smoked on the big stage.

that said, it would just make it that much sweeter if they found a way to win it all.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
ok, i'm allowing myself to think about the packers in the superbowl as well. they may not be the most talented team in the NFC, but i do believe they are the most complete team. which means they match up against anybody in the playoffs as all other teams have their weakness. dallas has their pass defense, new york has the pass defense and inconsistent QB play. seattle and tampa are just mediocre teams all around and whoever else ends up going has more than their share of weaknesses.

that said, what happens if we get to the superbowl? how does ANY team beat the Patriots? especially since they have a certain WR that has made a career out of killing the Packers.

i hate to be negative, but sometimes when i think ahead to the playoffs, and the best case scenario playing out, i still can't help worry about getting smoked on the big stage.

that said, it would just make it that much sweeter if they found a way to win it all.
I said it after a few games into the season; this is a young team and they dont even know yet how good they can be. They have the ability to destroy teams and win under pressure. The scary thing is that they will get better week after week. Dallas wont get any better than what we are seeing right now and same goes for NYG. Plus, you have that #4 factor.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post

Any given Sunday, man.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Any given Sunday, man.
well said, its so true ne team can beat ne team on ne givin day
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Wouldn't that basically go against our entire philosophy if we let Williams walk? I understand the economics and such, but come on. Look at what happened to the Bears, or is happening, after they let there DL depth go.
I said we need to re-sign him...

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
I said we need to re-sign him...
He was agreeing with us.