Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So im a relative new comer to these forums. I come here and read the posts regularly but hardly ever post myself. But i do wish to get GB12's opinion on Rouse now that he has started a couple weeks. Cause i know you were very skeptical of him in the beginning.

In other News Jerry Jones is backing the NFL network and is complaining about Time Warner not carrying the game. (Seeing as TW is the biggest TV provider in Dallas)
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3123865

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 11-23-2007 at 11:31 AM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 11:42 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
So im a relative new comer to these forums. I come here and read the posts regularly but hardly ever post myself. But i do wish to get GB12's opinion on Rouse now that he has started a couple weeks. Cause i know you were very skeptical of him in the beginning.

In other News Jerry Jones is backing the NFL network and is complaining about Time Warner not carrying the game. (Seeing as TW is the biggest TV provider in Dallas)

http://sports.http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x226/joeyjojo333/barnett.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x226/joeyjojo333/barnett.jpgespn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3123865
He has done a lot better than I expected. It's nice to know that he can do the job so we won't have to rush Collins' return. I'm still not sure where he fits in once Collins does come back though. Our safety situation now is obviously the best in years.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
He has done a lot better than I expected. It's nice to know that he can do the job so we won't have to rush Collins' return. I'm still not sure where he fits in once Collins does come back though. Our safety situation now is obviously the best in years.
Its interesting yesterday i saw him coming up into the box from time to time, it almost looked as they were using him as a LB
Old 11-23-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmohr107 View Post
Yea, McCarthy has a lot of faith in Woodson as a punt returner, and said that he might keep returning punts
I know he does a good job, but it's just not worth it. Let Tramon Williams or Koren Robinson take punt returns.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:55 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Its interesting yesterday i saw him coming up into the box from time to time, it almost looked as they were using him as a LB
I don't recall seeing that yesterday and find it odd if they did. Bringing your free safety in the box against a team that has those WRs doesn't make any sense. Also if a safety's in the box it's almost always the SS.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anybody think Jennings is slowly creeping up on Driver in terms of Favre's go to guy?

Driver of course always sets the pace getting YAC, and going over the middle to catch balls, but Jennings has been the TD machine this year.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
He was line up against a receiver most of the time you saw him up on the line. Rouse proved the doubters to be wrong; he can cover and he did it against one of the best passing team in the league. I saw a few tapes of him when he was in VT and you could see that he had great ball skills and great instincts. I never thought he would produce that early though...

Once Collins comes back i would switch him with Bigby on 3 and short situations and goal line stands cuz Bigby is such an awsome tackler. Now we also know that Tramon Williams can ball, man this defense is shaping up....
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

So Al is on TO and Woodson would be on Crayton if they both play. I think Dallas sat Crayton against the Jets so he would be ready for this week. I hope woodson can play but we got to see Tramon and I think he played a very solid game yesterday.

I think the key will be getting pressure on Romo. Dallas' O-line is very good and getting pressure on him will be hard. Kampman is just a beast and with all the injuries on the D-line that will be the key to the game.

Any chance that Nick Collins plays?

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Packers' fans don't seem to be of that opinion.

Brett Favre's return = at least .500
I love this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
The Packers are the vogue pick. I would agree, had they actually done anything at this point with the bevy of free cap space they had. People are acting as if Favre will carry the team on his back, in his final season. My question, where have these people been for the past couple of years. This isn't the M.V.P, superstar, one of the greats of all time, we all remember from the mid-90s. Al Harris is aging a bit, which isn't good for a man-to-man cover corner who's somehow staved off typical age struggles, he may be due for a fall in performance. They don't have a reliable RB or TE. I am lukewarm about the Packers. I don't think they will take over the division, win one for Favre kind of a deal, like some do.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Last edited by Boston : 11-23-2007 at 02:24 PM.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I love this.
Yea, Shiver was perhaps Favre's strongest critic. In other words, he's an atheist.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow do we REALLY need Woodson to be able to play next week..

Also, I liked Samkon Gado. I was a fan of bringing Morency in, and I think Jackson has a chance to be decent. But watching Ryan Grant run is so much fun. His first game, I thought he ran hard yeah. But it looked like he was a straight up the field, put your head down, and get 4 yards type of guy. Now he's cutting back 2-3 times, hitting full speed right at the line of scrimmage, and SECURING the ball every time. Trying not to be a homer, but I really, REALLY think Grant can be a game breaking type of runner in Green Bay for a while. We had 7 yards rushing with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. He ended up with 101.

Packers 28 Dallas 24 GO PACK!!!
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
wow do we REALLY need Woodson to be able to play next week..

Also, I liked Samkon Gado. I was a fan of bringing Morency in, and I think Jackson has a chance to be decent. But watching Ryan Grant run is so much fun. His first game, I thought he ran hard yeah. But it looked like he was a straight up the field, put your head down, and get 4 yards type of guy. Now he's cutting back 2-3 times, hitting full speed right at the line of scrimmage, and SECURING the ball every time. Trying not to be a homer, but I really, REALLY think Grant can be a game breaking type of runner in Green Bay for a while. We had 7 yards rushing with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. He ended up with 101.

Packers 28 Dallas 24 GO PACK!!!

I'm with you on Grant. He actually LOOKS like a RB. Wynn was playing well before he was hurt, but he didnt look like anything special. Grant can cut, break tackles, block, go out for a pass, run inside, run outside, etc.

He's the real deal :)
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you guys can keep Favre upright, our secondary can be had. And that's putting it nicely. Here's hoping we knock him on his ass all game!
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of Grant, since he "emerged," if you will, Brett Favre's numbers have been as follows...

Favre Before Grant (6 games)
9 TD (1.5 per game)
6 INT (1 per game)
1,715 yards (286 yards per game)
64.7 comp %
41 Att.
26 Comp.
6.9 Yards per Att.
Sacked 11 times
85.9 QB rating
142 Total Points
24 points per game
Average Opponent Pass Defense Rank = 22.8

Favre After Grant (5 games)
13 TD (2.6 TD's per game)
2 INT (.4 interceptions per game)
1,641 Yards (328 yards per game)
73.8 comp %
35.6 Att.
26.2 Comp.
9.42 Yards per Att.
Sacked 3 times
122.6 QB rating
154 Total Points
31 points per game
Average Opponent Pass Defense Rank = 19 (Vikings - 32, Lions - 30, bring that down considerably)

So, point is, Favre + Grant = Offensive Domination.

There's twenty minutes of my life...:)

Hitman D

Last edited by Boston : 11-23-2007 at 11:30 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
If you guys can keep Favre upright, our secondary can be had. And that's putting it nicely. Here's hoping we knock him on his ass all game!
Finally a Cowboy fan that is reasonable. The rest of them all say you can match up against our 4-5 wide sets.

The packers might be the most underrated 10-1 team in history.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Speaking of Grant, since he "emerged," if you will, Brett Favre's numbers have been as follows...

Favre Before Grant (6 games)
9 TD (1.5 per game)
6 INT (1 per game)
1,715 yards (286 yards per game)
64.7 comp %
41 Att.
26 Comp.
6.9 Yards per Att.
Sacked 11 times
85.9 QB rating
142 Total Points
24 points per game

Favre After Grant (5 games)
13 TD (2.6 TD's per game)
2 INT (.4 interceptions per game)
1,641 Yards (328 yards per game)
73.8 comp %
35.6 Att.
26.2 Comp.
9.42 Yards per Att.
Sacked 3 times
122.6 QB rating
154 Total Points
31 points per game
Wow...man Grant has really came out of nowhere hasnt he? Plus, hes gaining more confidence each game. That 100 yard game against the best rush D in the league says it all, this guy is for real.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Favre is only 506 yards away from Marino's alltime yards record and 1728 away from his season record. He should have the career mark in 2 weeks against Oakland. The season one is pretty much out of reach, that is unless he averages 345 yards a game the rest of the way.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

NickCollins36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

ok u guys
im callin it rite now
Nick " MA BOI" Collins is gonna hav a break out game NEXT WEEK vs dem cowboys!
CALLED IT
u saw it here first!
NICK COLLIN BETHUNE COOKMAN BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
NickCollins36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depending on the injury situations I wouldn't mind resting some players even though its a big game, if it means they can play in the playoffs without nagging injuries.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Two random predictions:

Rouse plays well enough to earn himself playing time (somewhere on the defense) this year and next, even when Collins is healthy.

Brandon Jackson is cut next off season.
2 games later and I'm feeling pretty good about these predictions.

Rouse has 2 interceptions and 14 tackles in 3 games, and hasn't shown himself to be a liability in the passing game yet. In fact, he's been making more plays than Collins.

Jackson hardly ever gets used even though he's healthy, and he looks like he's 3rd on the depth chart right now behind Morency. He might still pick it up at some point, but right now it looks like the only way he lands a roster spot next year is due to draft position, possibly GB needing another body at RB.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

Rouse has 2 interceptions and 14 tackles in 3 games, and hasn't shown himself to be a liability in the passing game yet. In fact, he's been making more plays than Collins.

Jackson hardly ever gets used even though he's healthy, and he looks like he's 3rd on the depth chart right now behind Morency. He might still pick it up at some point, but right now it looks like the only way he lands a roster spot next year is due to draft position, possibly GB needing another body at RB.
Who will make the roster over him? Ryan Grant is a given. DeShawn Wynn is a good bet as well. Vernand Morency is a RFA but he hasn't shown very much. The Packers might resign him if they feel he's still valuable as a 3rd down back. I think Brandon Jackson has a pretty good shot at making the team next year, although he might not get much playing time.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

The point still remains that you don't cut a second round draft pick after only one year. He's going to be given at least 1 or 2 more years to show what he can do. It be great if he does end up panning out so we could have a two back system with Grant and Jackson.
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire View Post
The point still remains that you don't cut a second round draft pick after only one year. He's going to be given at least 1 or 2 more years to show what he can do. It be great if he does end up panning out so we could have a two back system with Grant and Jackson.
Right.....the Packers will hold onto Jackson atleast through next season b/c they invested a 2nd rounder in him and want to see if he develops.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:

I agree with you on Rouse, but there is no way Jackson will be cut. Unless, of course, he just shows a complete lack of understanding for the game. He was kind of forced into the starting role at the beginning of the season, and the O-line was blocking for ****. As much as I'd love to give Grant all the credit for his success, I love the guy, some of it has to go to the line, who have been doing an awesome job at run blocking the last 2 or 3 weeks.

And, besides, Jackson excels at catching the ball out of the backfield, something Favre has always liked.

Hitman D

Old 11-24-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
I agree with you on Rouse, but there is no way Jackson will be cut. Unless, of course, he just shows a complete lack of understanding for the game. He was kind of forced into the starting role at the beginning of the season, and the O-line was blocking for ****. As much as I'd love to give Grant all the credit for his success, I love the guy, some of it has to go to the line, who have been doing an awesome job at run blocking the last 2 or 3 weeks.

And, besides, Jackson excels at catching the ball out of the backfield, something Favre has always liked.
I wouldn't necessarily say he "excels" at it. Grant, Wynn, and Morency are all better receivers than him.