Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
For Greg Olsen? Please. I never understood why everyone wanted him at 16. Sure he's a decent TE, but he's no Antonio Gates or Kellen Winslow. Olsen would have been as big of a reach as Harrell. We do have Donald Lee, who has twice as many TDs and 150 more yards than Olsen, putting him in the top ten among TEs for both those stats.
Those stats are incredibly misleading. Olsen is a situational player for us this year because of Desmond Clark, Lee is essentially the only TE the Packers use. If you watch Olsen play he stands out for his size, speed, and catching ability. As a red zone threat alone he's been worth our pick, though maybe not yours. Either way, come on, he's a better prospect than Donald Lee and would have added yet another dimension for Favre.

As for the pick, I'll say what I said then, Leon Hall was the most prudent choice. I was always a bit puzzled why so many of you disagreed with this, and yet now want the Packers to spend their 1st on a cornerback.

Regardless, I agree that it's too early to judge the abilities of Harrell.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's nice to see we can win by that much when our passing offense isn't really clicking the way they have been.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Those stats are incredibly misleading. Olsen is a situational player for us this year because of Desmond Clark, Lee is essentially the only TE the Packers use. If you watch Olsen play he stands out for his size, speed, and catching ability. As a red zone threat alone he's been worth our pick, though maybe not yours. Either way, come on, he's a better prospect than Donald Lee and would have added yet another dimension for Favre.

As for the pick, I'll say what I said then, Leon Hall was the most prudent choice. I was always a bit puzzled why so many of you disagreed with this, and yet now want the Packers to spend their 1st on a cornerback.

Regardless, I agree that it's too early to judge the abilities of Harrell.
Bing! Bing! Bing! We rarely use double TE formations and when we do it's because we want another blocker. Olsen wouldn't have been much more usefull then Harrell. Donald Lee is just below the elite group of TEs this season, I'm more than happy with him.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

The only player I'd rather have at that spot now is probably Darrelle Revis. I saw him jam T.O. on Thanksgiving like no one else. He's the Jets number 1 cornerback all the time now I think. Jon Beason comes to mind but he is definitely not a Strong Side Linebacker, and that's the only place we could put him.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
The only player I'd rather have at that spot now is probably Darrelle Revis. I saw him jam T.O. on Thanksgiving like no one else. He's the Jets number 1 cornerback all the time now I think. Jon Beason comes to mind but he is definitely not a Strong Side Linebacker, and that's the only place we could put him.
Revis was taken before us. I wouldn't have minded him, but I did not like Leon Hall at draft time.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Damn it feels good to be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7544592

Interesting story.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ah yes division champs baby

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Thats pretty cool!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
ah yes division champs baby
Damn, that was easy.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So a win and Sea loss next week clinches a bye! Also, we have a shot at our most regular season wins EVER in a season! 14 would take the crown, 13 would tie it.

Grant has the most rushing yards since week 8 and has a very strong shot at 1,000.

Our defense and offense look amazing all around the last month and a half (not counting the Cowboys game.. I feel like injuries and a bad early gameplan killed us there.)

Unfortunately Dallas came back on Detroit today so homefield throughout is very, VERY doubtful.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 12-10-2007 at 01:19 AM.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:27 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it should be noted that;

THE PACKERS EASILY WON THE DIVISION THIS YEAR!
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:32 AM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
it should be noted that;

:) Yes. E-A-S-I-L-Y. Easily.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:41 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
it should be noted that;

And to think I remember you saying the Packers would suck this year Drowe.....You need some faith.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:19 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
And to think I remember you saying the Packers would suck this year Drowe.....You need some faith.

well yeah. seriously, we had no offense and did nothing in the offseason.

i'm happy to be wrong.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is way, wayyyy to early to look ahead.. But in the playoffs and possibly Superbowl we have some problems to think about. if we get matched up again against the Cowboys, Colts, Patriots, etc...Our Secondary can be exploited again. We play AWESOME defense against these teams that can't pass the ball. But passing offenses that can also run the ball will show our weaknesses. What do you guy/girls think? Will Blackmon or Williams step up? Or are we going to keep Jarret Bush in there (He was noticably burnt deep on an overthrow yesterday)
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
It is way, wayyyy to early to look ahead.. But in the playoffs and possibly Superbowl we have some problems to think about. if we get matched up again against the Cowboys, Colts, Patriots, etc...Our Secondary can be exploited again. We play AWESOME defense against these teams that can't pass the ball. But passing offenses that can also run the ball will show our weaknesses. What do you guy/girls think? Will Blackmon or Williams step up? Or are we going to keep Jarret Bush in there (He was noticably burnt deep on an overthrow yesterday)
I think we need to be concerned more about the packers beating the team that they will face before the nfc championship game first. The cowboys or afc superbowl team are going to have to wait. Tampa doesnt really scare me much, but facing Seattle, Giants or having to beat minnesota 3x in the same season does. Although, I think the packers should be able to handle the vikings they still worry me some.

Last edited by Football Fan : 12-10-2007 at 11:08 AM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
With Woodson in, a more confident Collins, Jarrett Bush-less, healthier KGB, more experienced Harell (who looked very good) we should be ok. Blackmon has very good upside and Tramon does a great job as a nickel. The only one who concerns me in coverage is Bigby, unless he drastically gets better in the last 3 games he will be a problem. He reacts more than he reads plays, thats why hes always late or gets many interference calls.

I dont like Bigby in coverage but i think we havent used him properly this year. Hes a very good blitzer, hits very hard, very agressive and excellent against the run. His style compares to a degree to Bob Sanders. I know its not the same scheme or defense but to maximize his strentghs we should move him around a little bit more cuz coverage is not his strentgh at all.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
I think we need to be concerned more about the packers beating the team that they will face before the nfc championship game first. The cowboys or afc superbowl team are going to have to wait. Tampa doesnt really scare me much, but facing Seattle, Giants or having to beat minnesota 3x in the same season does. Although, I think the packers should be able to handle the vikings they still worry me some.
I think the team that is the hottest right now is Seattle. Hasselbeck has been down right sick, granted, they play in an awful division but nevertheless, they are hot. The Giants have been overrated from the start of this season, TC is one of the worst HC's in the league. His lacks control and his teams commit to many mental mistakes. Tampa is just bad.

Some good news is that Dallas looked beatable and had the packers had Woodson and KGB in the game would have been closer, the pack probably still lose, but it's important to have your best players on the field in your biggest games.

So after next week, if we win, does MM rest some guys against the bears and lions or does he play all the starters for a half. I think this would be a good time to let brandon Jackson, Harrell, Nall/Rodgers get some playing time.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

yeah, assuming the Packers get a first round bye, the team that scares me the most is the Minnesota Vikings, which, if they make the playoffs will be the 6th seed...so, in that regard, maybe losing to Dallas was a blessing in disguise because the team that may be playing the best right now is the one team the Packers would have no chance of facing.

Regarding the Vikings
their Running offense and running defense is obviously good...but now Jackson is stepping up big time, Sidney Rice is looking like a draft day steal and the defense in general just makes plays. in the last few weeks they have started to look like a complete team...and Dallas can have 'em.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
So after next week, if we win, does MM rest some guys against the bears and lions or does he play all the starters for a half. I think this would be a good time to let brandon Jackson, Harrell, Nall/Rodgers get some playing time.
i think so.
-ya really can't overstate the value of going into the playoffs healthy. we saw first hand how lost the entire secondary looked without charles woodson. really can't afford another situation like that in the playoffs.

-the youth on this team is just mind blowing. we still haven't gotten a good look at guys like Harrell and Blackmon and Underwood...and it'd be good to have a final audition for guys like Brandon Jackson. could really give us a good picture of what kind of talent we have going into the off season.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
It is way, wayyyy to early to look ahead..
i don't think it is....i'd be very surprised if the seedings don't look exactly as they are today

1-Dallas
2-Green Bay

6-Minnesota @ 3-Seattle
5-Giants @ 4-Tampa Bay

no reason we can't start talkin' playoffs.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one and only team I'm scared about in the NFC is Dallas.

We can make every other team one dimensional.. That is one of our best D strengths.. Tampa, NYG, Vikings are all teams we could control. Seattle is pretty solid all around and we would match up well against them.
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on the division. But you still suck. ;)

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
Once we're locked into the 2nd bye spot, I think you have to rest anyone with injuries and only play the rest of the starters for a half or even just a quarter.

You saw what happened against Dallas when we were banged up, we can't afford an injury to one of our corners, especially, going into the post season. Our defense revolves around Harris and Woodson, without one of them in we're far less lethal.

However, you also want the team to stay sharp and they will have that extra week to rest/heal up.. so.. I dunno, we'll see what happens.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote