Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what happens to Brett's streak? If we are in week 17 and are locked in the number 2 spot, is there any chance at all Favre doesn't start? I highly, highly doubt MM would do that to Favre...He's not Parcells who I believe did that to Eddie George? Or am I thinking of a different situation
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
So what happens to Brett's streak? If we are in week 17 and are locked in the number 2 spot, is there any chance at all Favre doesn't start? I highly, highly doubt MM would do that to Favre...He's not Parcells who I believe did that to Eddie George? Or am I thinking of a different situation
No way they wouldn't start Favre. They might sit him after a drive, or the 1st quarter or something, but they won't end his streak.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
yeah, assuming the Packers get a first round bye, the team that scares me the most is the Minnesota Vikings, which, if they make the playoffs will be the 6th seed...so, in that regard, maybe losing to Dallas was a blessing in disguise because the team that may be playing the best right now is the one team the Packers would have no chance of facing.

Regarding the Vikings
their Running offense and running defense is obviously good...but now Jackson is stepping up big time, Sidney Rice is looking like a draft day steal and the defense in general just makes plays. in the last few weeks they have started to look like a complete team...and Dallas can have 'em.
I think you're confused. As long as we stay the #2 seed we get the winner of the 3/6 game.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I think you're confused. As long as we stay the #2 seed we get the winner of the 3/6 game.
not true. as the #2 seed we play the highest seeded remaining team from the wild card round.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
not true. as the #2 seed we play the highest seeded remaining team from the wild card round.
I guess I'm the one confused. I forgot that the NFL reseeds.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:17 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, someone is scared of a team led by T. jackson, In the playoffs? IF we played them is would be at home with the cold, correct? A. The only thing to worry about if the Packers played minny in the playoffs would be the run game. Either way, we would still kill em.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 12-11-2007 at 11:20 AM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Wait, someone is scared of a team led by T. jackson, In the playoffs?
Yeah, I'm not worried about possibly facing Minnesota. They may be hot right now, but keep in mind we beat them 34-0 the last time we played them.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Wait, someone is scared of a team led by T. jackson, In the playoffs? IF we played them is would be at home with the cold, correct? A. The only thing to worry about if the Packers played minny in the playoffs would be the run game. Either way, we would still kill em.
Minnesota can run very well, and stop the run. However, with that said, Ryan Grant tore them a new one in the game at GB this year. The Pack shut down AP for most of the game in GB but had troubles with him in the homer dome.

Yes Minnesota is good agasint the run, but they are awful defending the pass, which happens to be our strength. Tavaras has been much better of late, but still is very inconsistant. If we had to play them in MN, i'd be a bit worried but I don't think they could come into GB and win a playoff game.

I could definatly see Seattle coming into GB and stealing one on a last second FG if we had to play them. I think the packers could beat them but the thought of a game with them just worries me right now.

On another note, who will be the Ram's starting QB this week? Will it be Brock Berlin or Bulger?

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah really. All I hear right now is watch out for Minnesota? Why? They blow. Who can't beat up the Giants, Raiders, SF and Detroit????? Eli fed them a win. The Raiders suck. SF puts an embarrassing product on the field and Martz is the most over-rated, living off of 3 HOF players, no ability to adapt, OC in the history of the NFL.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Minny is only tough to beat when they have the lead. Jackson would never be able to muster a 4th quarter comeback. I know hes been player better lately but he still doesnt scare anyone.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
Minnesota can run very well, and stop the run. However, with that said, Ryan Grant tore them a new one in the game at GB this year. The Pack shut down AP for most of the game in GB but had troubles with him in the homer dome.

Yes Minnesota is good agasint the run, but they are awful defending the pass, which happens to be our strength. Tavaras has been much better of late, but still is very inconsistant. If we had to play them in MN, i'd be a bit worried but I don't think they could come into GB and win a playoff game.
Yeah exactly. If all we have to worry about if Minny's running game( as good as it may be the packers still have an excellent front 7) I am confident the packers can stop em. T jack at lambeau in the cold? ha I SCOFF at the concept of them coming out with a W should the pack face them.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol look at this mock draft.....rashard mendenhall?!?! "the packers want a well developed feature back to balance this offense"

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/co...asp?CID=749667

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that mock is bad, but lets not be in any rush here to crown Ryan Grant the second coming. He's shown that he's more than capable, but let him play a full season at a consistently high level before you act as if taking a runningback is insane. That being said, runningback appears to be pretty low on the priorities list.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
that mock is bad, but lets not be in any rush here to crown Ryan Grant the second coming. He's shown that he's more than capable, but let him play a full season at a consistently high level before you act as if taking a runningback is insane. That being said, runningback appears to be pretty low on the priorities list.
I think taking a RB in rd 1 is insane. we took jackson in the 2nd last year, wynn showed that he could be productive, and then grant burst onto the scene.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Corner obviously needs to be addressed and that mock fails to do so

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Very true, anything can happen and that includes him turning into a bust. I'm liking our odds right now but anything can happen. But yes, like pf28 said, CB is our top priority as of now and we should take advantage of a strong class.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

I really hope Johnny Jolly is able to come back for the playoffs. He was the perfect complement for Pickett on running downs. It was expected that we would put him on the IR, but we haven't yet. I suspect we'll get an update tomorrow from MM. He was having a fine year, and we could really use him down the stretch.

If he can't, Harrell will have to have a big role in our defense. I like Harrell if this is the case, but he (and everyone on the DL) is better fresh.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
I really hope Johnny Jolly is able to come back for the playoffs. He was the perfect complement for Pickett on running downs. It was expected that we would put him on the IR, but we haven't yet. I suspect we'll get an update tomorrow from MM. He was having a fine year, and we could really use him down the stretch.

If he can't, Harrell will have to have a big role in our defense. I like Harrell if this is the case, but he (and everyone on the DL) is better fresh.
God damn it.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/ar...ced-on-ir.aspx

Quote:
Jolly placed on IR

By Greg A. Bedard

Tuesday, Dec 11 2007, 06:45 PM

Green Bay - As expected, the Packers placed defensive tackle Johnny Jolly on injured reserve this evening.
The team has not yet signed another player to take his place on the 53-man roster.
Jolly, 24, had started seven of the Packers' first 10 games at right defensive tackle before hurting his shoulder in the Nov. 18 victory over Carolina. An MRI last week came back "not good" according to coach Mike McCarthy.
Also, the Packers signed defensive tackle Alfred Malone to the practice squad and released tight end James Adkisson.
Malone (6-4, 30 spent the 2005-06 seasons with the Houston Texans after playing collegiately at Troy. He appeared in four games and totaled 13 tackles.

Maybe we can get Sam Adams to replace him? Probably not.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

The 3 new members of the Packers Hall of Fame are:

Gilbert Brown

Frank Winters

Al Treml
Old 12-12-2007, 08:46 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
The 3 new members of the Packers Hall of Fame are:

Gilbert Brown
glad to see the Grave Digger go into the packers hall of fame

Also Charles Woodson & Brett Favre made the ProBowl

Last edited by The Legend : 12-12-2007 at 09:13 AM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
God damn it.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/ar...ced-on-ir.aspx

Maybe we can get Sam Adams to replace him? Probably not.
Harrel will do just fine, don't worry. This is where the brilliance of Ted will show up.

they get smoked.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Harrel..unless he turns out to be a top 10 DT in the league I will always be disappointed of that pick. I am way wayy biased and my reasoning is ridiculous, but that's my feeling

On another topic...If anyone on here hasn't read Brett's Sportsman of the Year in SI yet, you NEED NEED NEED to. It is simply amazing
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
I think taking a RB in rd 1 is insane. we took jackson in the 2nd last year, wynn showed that he could be productive, and then grant burst onto the scene.
Unless Ted Thompson and the coaching staff still has faith in Brandan Jackson, I would not mind the Packers taking another running back in the 2-4 rounds. Ryan Grant is great, but I worry about his running style. Guys that run the way he does tend to get injured quite a bit more, and I feel it's only a matter of time before Grant gets hurt. Plus it would be nice to keep him fresh over the course of a season with a two back system.
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harrell has a shot to show something in the playoffs and transform from a bust to a boon. Without Jolly and Williams getting broken, he would have been an atrocious pick for this year.

Juice has taken a couple years to get going, but he was a 5th rounder. When you're an R1, you need to contribute sooner than later.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

cheesehead10790 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Kinda off topic but I need some help here if you guys can please.

Alright so Im trying to get to Green Bay for the playoffs. Basically I want to buy tickets and airfare now. I live in California so buying airfare now is sort of risky so Im trying to figure this out to do it so I dont throw away $600.

Assuming Green Bay wins and Seattle loses this week and we get the first round bye, is it guna be on that saturday (12th) or Sunday the 13th? And are game times slotted yet?

Anyone's opinions on the playoff scenarios you can think of would be really helpful. Thanks.

^tek
cheesehead10790 is offline   Reply With Quote