Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2007, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I agree 100%. When Favre does retire and Rodgers takes over the offense won't change too much. The only thing that Favre does better than Rodgers, as far as the offense goes, is throw the deep ball, but Aaron will get more comfortable with receivers on those routes as he plays more.
I think that Aaron won't have the type of season that we are all wishing he will have once he comes in. Granted, it will still be a good season but it won't be great. He has to still learn how to deal with all of the different looks NFL defenses throw at him and the only thing that can teach him that is experience in real games, something he barely has at all. But besides all of that, I believe he is prepared to lead this team as he ever has been and will make a good QB.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a question for you guys. Looking back on this past draft; if things had fallen the way they were projected we would have gotten Lynch. So looking back on it would you rather have Lynch or Grant?

Personally being less than 100 miles away from buffalo i love how Lynch runs so i think i would have taken him.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Just a question for you guys. Looking back on this past draft; if things had fallen the way they were projected we would have gotten Lynch. So looking back on it would you rather have Lynch or Grant?

Personally being less than 100 miles away from buffalo i love how Lynch runs so i think i would have taken him.
Lynch by a mile.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, it has to be Lynch. i'd be a lot more comfortable with a young first rounder as our future at RB...plus, he looks like the real deal.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even with Grant's great play, I would easily take Lynch.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
yeah, it has to be Lynch. i'd be a lot more comfortable with a young first rounder as our future at RB...plus, he looks like the real deal.
Yeah, I would also be more comfortable. But I have enough confidence in Grant at this point that its not a huge worry.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Harrell May Start

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/packers/263105
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
good opportunity against a bad football team

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

also just wondering if you guys would like to sign Fred Taylor, i think he and Grant would make a good dou
Old 12-20-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Quote:
also just wondering if you guys would like to sign Fred Taylor, i think he and Grant would make a good dou
I have a huge amount of respect for Taylor but if we are going to get a RB to bring in I think I would like something younger and less injury prone than Taylor has been in the past.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:01 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Just my opinion but I highly doubt there isnt much of a drop off at the quarterback position when favre retires. I mean for christ sakes Favre would likely be getting his fourth mvp this season if Brady wasnt putting up absolutely incredible numbers, best of 100 years of nfl quarterbacks(45 touchdowns, 6 ints., 4200 yards with 2 games to play) and favre still has shown very little sign of aging. His leadership and experience is second to none. It could be argued that this is his best year yet, though I personally wouldnt go that far. Im going to have to wait for rodgers to get his first mvp before I could even begin to think that the quarterback position in greenbay is about the same "no real drop off'" once favre retires.
That said the pack is going to be in a lot better shape than most teams that have lost there franchise quarterback. Having a first round draft pick with 5 years of pro football grooming isnt a luxury many teams have.

Last edited by Football Fan : 12-21-2007 at 03:10 AM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 07:30 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
Just my opinion but I highly doubt there isnt much of a drop off at the quarterback position when favre retires. I mean for christ sakes Favre would likely be getting his fourth mvp this season if Brady wasnt putting up absolutely incredible numbers, best of 100 years of nfl quarterbacks(45 touchdowns, 6 ints., 4200 yards with 2 games to play) and favre still has shown very little sign of aging. His leadership and experience is second to none. It could be argued that this is his best year yet, though I personally wouldnt go that far. Im going to have to wait for rodgers to get his first mvp before I could even begin to think that the quarterback position in greenbay is about the same "no real drop off'" once favre retires.
That said the pack is going to be in a lot better shape than most teams that have lost there franchise quarterback. Having a first round draft pick with 5 years of pro football grooming isnt a luxury many teams have.
This is just me but I think that its a little early to be talking about Rodgers and MVP's, let along multiple MVP's.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
This is just me but I think that its a little early to be talking about Rodgers and MVP's, let along multiple MVP's.
Exactly my point. There is most certainly going to be a drop off. I think people are just tired of the same old ferrari at quarterback and are getting anxious to check out that brand new volkswagon thats been in the garage.
I mean everyone wants to drive a different car after a while but the ferrari wont still be in the garage waiting for you after driving the volkswagon, while it was fun and different but just not the same.

Last edited by Football Fan : 12-21-2007 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

i dont know if he will ever be a muti-time mvp look at brady hes even not
Old 12-21-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Quote:
i dont know if he will ever be a muti-time mvp look at brady hes even not
Im just hoping for him to be good, anything more than that will be a bonus.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post

BOTH..Grant for 4...Lynch for 5...Grant for 3...Lynch for 45 and a TD. BANG
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anybody know who becomes a FA after the season? KFFL's list is wrong. I know Corey Williams is, but if anybody knows who becoms an UFA or RFA I would appreciate it.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 12:41 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just me, or does anyone else want the Dallas playoff game to be next week? Dallas is playing like junk. They squeak by the Lions, lose to the Eagles and if Carolina weren't on their 4th QB, they look like they would have given tonight's game away after TO goes out.
GB meanwhile, since losing to Dallas, has produced a 38-7 trouncing of the Raiders and a 33-14 smackdown on the Rams.

Not that beating the Bears ever needs extra incentive, but winning puts more pressure on Dallas to not sit guys they want to get healthy, which could be a slim advantage if we see them again.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:15 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
Is it just me, or does anyone else want the Dallas playoff game to be next week? Dallas is playing like junk. They squeak by the Lions, lose to the Eagles and if Carolina weren't on their 4th QB, they look like they would have given tonight's game away after TO goes out.
GB meanwhile, since losing to Dallas, has produced a 38-7 trouncing of the Raiders and a 33-14 smackdown on the Rams.

Not that beating the Bears ever needs extra incentive, but winning puts more pressure on Dallas to not sit guys they want to get healthy, which could be a slim advantage if we see them again.
All I can say is that the reffs love dallas. Carolina got shafted all game.

Last edited by Football Fan : 12-23-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We really need to have a great game against the Lions now. I'd hate to go into the playoffs looking like this.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another thought, when will we give up on Bigby? He doesn't play the pass very well, and lately, he hasn't been playing the run very well either.

Hitman D

Old 12-23-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

AWFUL display of football today, This loss was very disappointing. The Bears are simply bad who started a 3rd string QB, 3rd string RB, and a average defense at best.

Even with Brett's awful plays and Jon Ryan's inability to punt the damn ball, i blame this loss on MM. His play calling was just horriable and then leaving Brett in was what pissed me off the most on a day when NOTHING went right.

I think this was an isolated event but MM has had a couple of these games this season were he forgets how to coach. I hope he know when it's that bad of weather, RUN THE DAMN BALL!!!!

As far as the defense goes, I think they really missed pickett. Letting AP get 101 yards is just inexcusable, the game as a whole was just inexcusable, I expect them to rebound but they laid an egg when home-field was on the line.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not too sad, what we need to do is when the Boys play their first playoff game we have to sneak Jessica into it, well put her right on the sideleine

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I still dunno what to think about this game. We got blown out by the Chicago Bears when we were fighting for home-field. We didn't just lose a close one or at least put up a fight, we got ROLLED like we were a team getting ready to pick #1 in the draft against a team with a third string QB, a third string RB, no WRs, an average AT BEST defense..

Argh.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

I could really see this game lighting a fire under everybody on our team, causing us to play out of our mind, I really could. But, then again, I could see it doing quite the opposite. This is where McCarthy for coach of the year is really going to be tested.

Hitman D