Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Barnett needs to shut the hell up with his grievance with the ref. The guy was only trying to break it up.
In Barnett's defense, getting grabbed from around the neck isn't very pleasant

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Barnett needs to shut the hell up with his grievance with the ref. The guy was only trying to break it up.
That may be true but in all my years of watching football, I have never personally seen a ref grab a player by the neck and wrestle him down. That's just unprofessional, and I'm sure the fact that he wasn't disciplined by the league is why Barnett is filing the grievance.
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire View Post
That may be true but in all my years of watching football, I have never personally seen a ref grab a player by the neck and wrestle him down. That's just unprofessional, and I'm sure the fact that he wasn't disciplined by the league is why Barnett is filing the grievance.
Apparently that ref has a history of doing it.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Apparently that ref has a history of doing it.
I'm astonished he hasn't been disciplined yet. Grabbing anyone around the throat and yanking him to the ground is incredibly unprofessional.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:33 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not that you care but you just dropped a notch in my book
Old 12-28-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7609116

Barnett wins.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts signed Sanders 5 years for 37.5 mill. Guess that means no Sanders
Old 12-28-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Not that you care but you just dropped a notch in my book
Because I think Nick was overreacting to a ref just trying to do his job? It was no big deal and Barnett should have kept it that way.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because I think Nick was overreacting to a ref just trying to do his job? It was no big deal and Barnett should have kept it that way.
This was handled perfectly by everyone involved. Barnett filed a grievance and left it at that. The NFL fined the ref for doing something he shouldn't have. Now it is over.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
i think Barnett can do what ever he want off the field, same with any player and it has nothing to do with us
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.
Default Thompson evaluates his 2007 rookie draft.

How general manager Ted Thompson assessed his third class of Packers draftees:
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=701514
Not very in depth, but about what you would expect.

Last edited by Football Fan : 12-29-2007 at 03:33 PM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems like he drafted alot of high character, hard working guys

Harrell: "This is a really good kid and he desperately wants to be a good player, and I think he will become one."

Jackson: "He cares and wants to be a good player. He's got a future."

Barbe: "He's a very competitive guy who we think has a very bright future"

Hall: "We asked him to change positions. He did it. Our entire scouting department really liked him as a football person, which we talk a lot about."

Bishop: "Tough guy. Competes"

Crosby: "For a young guy he's got a tremendous amount of poise and nerve."

I dont know if he means these things but its nice to hear, especially about Harrell and Jackson.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:24 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Default Team's architect aims to build on success

Thompson looks at big picture
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=701663
Maybe a small hint here of what could happen next offseason.
hmm...
A possible trade up or some free agency action?
He still seems to be sticking with his best player available approach.

Last edited by Football Fan : 12-30-2007 at 12:16 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:56 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
Thompson looks at big picture
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=701663
Maybe a small hint here of what could happen next offseason.
hmm...
A possible trade up or some free agency action?
He is still seems to be sticking with his best player available approach.
my hope is we sign one big player thru free agency

to be honest i wouldnt mind running for Marcus Trufant and move Charles Woodson to safety, thou as we all know Woodson doesnt want to play safety

if hes not willling to play safety then make a move for Ken Hamlin another player which he drafted

my guess he would be intrested in Hamlin & Trufant because he drafted them

and i personaly belive Nick Collins would be just perfect at Nickle i think hes better suited at corner then safety

Harris, Trufant, Collins, Blackmon, Bush, Williams would be a pretty good depth at corner

then again who knows maybe sign Hamlin & Trufant thou i dont think that would happen

LC - Trufant / William
SS - Hamlin / Bigby
FS - Woodson / Rouse
RC - Harris / Blackmon
NC - Collins / Bush

would be amazing lol

Last edited by The Legend : 12-30-2007 at 10:01 AM.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a big fan of marcus trufant

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Default Murphy ready to show his true colors for Packers

New CEO, president ready to take reins for 'America's' team
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...712300650/1978
I like hearing this from Murphy:
"Murphy insists he's coming to work for America's Team.
"Part of it is that I've always hated the Cowboys, being with the Redskins," he said. "When you think about it, the Packers really stand for so many of the great things in America."
Old 12-30-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Ryan Grant Finshes Year With 956 Yards (to bad he didnt get more then 6 carrys in that game maybe could have gone over 1000 yards)

also made a mock draft :)
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...356#post810356
Old 12-30-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Brandon Jackson is finally having a good game. Hopefully he can keep this up in the playoffs and quiet his critics.

Quote:
also made a mock draft
Not too sure about the Packers pick. I've always found the vast majority of USC prospects to be overrated and I don't think we need a LB first round.

Last edited by Empire : 12-30-2007 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand everyone wanting a linebacker in the first. It is a wasted pick. He will play on only two downs, and that is only if there isn't a long loss on first. Poppinga isn't too bad. He has improved tremendously since last year, and he will continue to improve. Our lbs are young, get a Cb in the first. A nickleback is always useful. Plus our starting CBs are on the wrong side of 30.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
I don't understand everyone wanting a linebacker in the first. It is a wasted pick. He will play on only two downs, and that is only if there isn't a long loss on first. Poppinga isn't too bad. He has improved tremendously since last year, and he will continue to improve. Our lbs are young, get a Cb in the first. A nickleback is always useful. Plus our starting CBs are on the wrong side of 30.
I agree. I think cornerback is a huge concern. I wouldn't mind Reggie Smith from Oklahoma. I think he plays corner and free safety right?

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

The way I see it:
Round1
Tampa vs NYG= Giants win
Seattle vs. Washington= Washington win
Round2
Dallas vs Washington= Washington win
Green Bay vs Giants= Green Bay win
Round3
NFC Championship @ Green Bay vs. Washington=Green Bay win
Round4-Im not going through the scenario for the afc, I will just say who gets to the SB

Green Bay Superbowl bound vs......The Colts=Green Bay win

Anybody else care to break it down?

Last edited by Football Fan : 12-30-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

I personally would not be surprised if Washington ends up representing the NFC in the Super Bowl. The best team on paper does not end up automatically end up winning their respective conference, it's usually the hottest and healthiest team. And right now the hottest team by far are the Redskins. I could potentially see them upsetting the Cowboys in Dallas and then coming into Green Bay and beating us. The Cowboys, especially Tony Romo, is heading into a bye week in a funk. And that's usually not good news, as it can mean a very rusty performance in the divisional playoffs.

I'm also of the belief that a cold, snowy day in Lambeau will end up hurting our spread offense. A game in Dallas would be probably our best chance to win the NFC. The Redskins almost beat us at home in October, but this Washington team is much better than what we faced before.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire View Post
I personally would not be surprised if Washington ends up representing the NFC in the Super Bowl. The best team on paper does not end up automatically end up winning their respective conference, it's usually the hottest and healthiest team. And right now the hottest team by far are the Redskins. I could potentially see them upsetting the Cowboys in Dallas and then coming into Green Bay and beating us. The Cowboys, especially Tony Romo, is heading into a bye week in a funk. And that's usually not good news, as it can mean a very rusty performance in the divisional playoffs.

I'm also of the belief that a cold, snowy day in Lambeau will end up hurting our spread offense. A game in Dallas would be probably our best chance to win the NFC. The Redskins almost beat us at home in October, but this Washington team is much better than what we faced before.
Just as long as it isnt fricken windy at Lambeau I will be happy. I want every playoff game at Green Bay, I dont care what anyone says.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha, ol Javon wants out of Denver and even hints at coming back to Green bay. What a chump.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7850208

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ha, ol Javon wants out of Denver and even hints at coming back to Green bay. What a chump.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7850208
**** that. No thanks. He had his chance and screwed it up. If he's going to ***** everytime he's unhappy I don't want him. He'd have to accept being at best the #3 WR behind Driver and Jennings. If he's unhappy being #2 in Denver, he's not going to like that. I actually like Walker and he was a perfect receiver for Favre, but he's not coming back here. If we weren't stacked at WR I'd be up for it, but then what happens to Jones, Martin, Robinson? Is Walker coming off knee surgery worth limiting Jones' development and in the process maybe pissing him off? Not to mention that Thompson wouldn't give up a 4th rounder for Randy Moss, I doubt Walker would come much cheaper. 5 wide with Driver, Jennings, Walker, Jones, and Robinson would be pretty damn sweet though.