Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

He almost screwed the packers good, but TT did an excellent job replacing Walker and I think its the perfect slap in the face he needs. Now Walker can enjoy watching the Pack in 2 weeks. Impatient jackass=Javon Walker.

Last edited by Football Fan : 12-31-2007 at 08:10 PM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
5 wide with Driver, Jennings, Walker, Jones, and Robinson would be pretty damn sweet though.
That's what I was thinking. I really don't want this little ***** back in GB, but man would that be one sweet receiving core. The best in the NFL if he were healthy.

He'll end up in Minnesota. Damn thieves.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hilarious to see Walker wants out and would be willing to come back. I definitely don't want him here though. We don't need him and he obviously isn't a team player.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both Coston and Spitz might not be ready for our first playoff game.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Both Coston and Spitz might not be ready for our first playoff game.
Ooh, that's not good. Would that mean we would be going with Colledge and Moll?

Old 12-31-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Ooh, that's not good. Would that mean we would be going with Colledge and Moll?
Yeah. While in any case you obviously would rather have your starters, but that's not too bad of a backup plan. They have started a good number of games together and each has started at least 13 games in their two year career.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah. While in any case you obviously would rather have your starters, but that's not too bad of a backup plan. They have started a good number of games together and each has started at least 13 games in their two year career.
Yeah, having Coston hurt isn't a big deal, as the difference between him and Colledge is very little. However having Spitz hurt and being replaced Moll would be a big hit. JSOnline said that the severity of Spitz's injury is unknown, so hopefully he'll be able to play.

Old 01-01-2008, 03:57 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Were really blessed to have 5 young offensive linemen to take care of Rodgers in the future.

Some other blessings (i guess you could say)...

Brett Favre hasnt lost a step

Brett Favre hasnt created an eternal ass print in Lambeau from being sacked a ton of times, thanks Tauscher and Clifton

Special Thanks to Alcorn State, Western Michigan, San Jose State, NC State, Saginaw Valley State for helping us assemble the best 5 Wide Set in the NFC.

KGB revitalized his career this year.

Having an abundance of good DT's.

Winning 13 games

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...acom122807.htm

I don't wholeheartedly agree with this cat, but he makes some really good points.

Also, I like how they start them young in Conn.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3175408

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 01-02-2008, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

In case no one has seen next years full game schedule:
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=701942
Old 01-02-2008, 01:20 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
In case no one has seen next years full game schedule:
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=701942
Assuming Favre doesn't retire, I can't wait for the Favre/Manning matchup

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:50 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tougher schedule next year, but pre-season, the AFC West was supposed to be fearsome and we swept them. I'll like having Peyton v. Favre after we have Brady v. favre this year... ;D I'm very glad to see the Cowboys coming to Green Bay!!! I hope we get them in December...

Favre for MVP! Not like the press voters would vote for him, but I love that he's in consideration after all those wankers were saying he was washed up.

I'd like to see Barbre in the post-season. He's a rare athlete and he's been absorbing the system over the season, now it's time to let him loose!
Old 01-02-2008, 01:54 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
Tougher schedule next year, but pre-season, the AFC West was supposed to be fearsome and we swept them. I'll like having Peyton v. Favre after we have Brady v. favre this year... ;D I'm very glad to see the Cowboys coming to Green Bay!!! I hope we get them in December...

Favre for MVP! Not like the press voters would vote for him, but I love that he's in consideration after all those wankers were saying he was washed up.

I'd like to see Barbre in the post-season. He's a rare athlete and he's been absorbing the system over the season, now it's time to let him loose!
No, it isn't. I think he can be a good player in the ZBS, but he's not ready yet. Wait until next year. He's still making mental mistakes and isn't at the level of the guys we have yet. I wouldn't be surprised if he jumped everyone at guard next year, but he needs more time to develop. Throwing him into a playoff game would be a disaster right now.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:10 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Quote:
No, it isn't. I think he can be a good player in the ZBS, but he's not ready yet. Wait until next year. He's still making mental mistakes and isn't at the level of the guys we have yet. I wouldn't be surprised if he jumped everyone at guard next year, but he needs more time to develop. Throwing him into a playoff game would be a disaster right now.
It might not be the best time to put him in, but it also could be a reality.

Notes: Offensive line not quite set

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=702459
Old 01-02-2008, 02:14 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Brett Favre hasnt created an eternal ass print in Lambeau from being sacked a ton of times, thanks Tauscher and Clifton
Yup he was only sacked 14 timber this year which was the 2nd lowest of his career the other was 2004 and he was sacked 12 time. (Im not counting 0 in Atlanta because he didnt play) Anyways you think he would have gotten sacked more with almost no run game early in the season and the amount of 4-5 WR sets we did. The pass-blocking has been pretty good all year though at given Favre time.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:20 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Yup he was only sacked 14 timber this year which was the 2nd lowest of his career the other was 2004 and he was sacked 12 time. (Im not counting 0 in Atlanta because he didnt play) Anyways you think he would have gotten sacked more with almost no run game early in the season and the amount of 4-5 WR sets we did. The pass-blocking has been pretty good all year though at given Favre time.
Clifton and Tauscher deserve plenty of credit, but Favre has an excellent sixth sense when it comes to avoiding being sacked/hit.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:21 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
It might not be the best time to put him in, but it also could be a reality.

Notes: Offensive line not quite set

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=702459
I really doubt they'd force that when Moll has proved he is a decent option. Can you imagine Barbre against the Giants front 4 he'd get destroyed. Remember, the highest level of competition he has faced is Division II. He was still very raw coming out of college and was seen as a project. An offseason of training will do him wonders, but putting him in now wouldn't be a smart move.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:25 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Quote:
I really doubt they'd force that when Moll has proved he is a decent option. Can you imagine Barbre against the Giants front 4 he'd get destroyed. Remember, the highest level of competition he has faced is Division II. He was still very raw coming out of college and was seen as a project. An offseason of training will do him wonders, but putting him in now wouldn't be a smart move.
I strongly have feared how the offensive line will hold up in general, but now in the playoffs against teams that are good at applying preasure, I am particularly concerned. When favre has had defenders in his face he has had his worst games like when they played the cowboys.
I dont know who will be starting on the o-line come game day, but the health of the players will dictate it. Hopefully the best combination will be ready to go.

Last edited by Football Fan : 01-02-2008 at 02:40 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
. I wouldn't be surprised if he jumped everyone at guard next year, but he needs more time to develop. .
See, this is where i difffer from most. It has basiclaly been implied that he will play guard when he matures. I, on the other hand, think his future is at tackle.

they get smoked.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
See, this is where i difffer from most. It has basiclaly been implied that he will play guard when he matures. I, on the other hand, think his future is at tackle.
i totaly agree i think he is like Colledge and should not play guard both of them i belive are Future Tackles for this franchise, but if he does play guard i hope for the best and i really hope he turns out
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

I think he'd be perfect for LG next to Colledge. It really depends on Coston though. If Coston can take a hold of a starting job Barbre will be pushed to tackle, if not he'll be a guard.

Atlanta's trying to take our guys.
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/ar...officials.aspx
I really want McKenzie to stay, but Schnieder wouldn't be a big deal to me.

Last edited by GB12 : 01-02-2008 at 09:24 PM.
GB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:47 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think he'd be perfect for LG next to Colledge. It really depends on Coston though. If Coston can take a hold of a starting job Barbre will be pushed to tackle, if not he'll be a guard.

Atlanta's trying to take our guys.
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/01/02/falcons-looking-at-two-packers-officials.aspxhttp://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/01/02/falcons-looking-at-two-packers-officials.aspx
I really want McKenzie to stay, but Schnieder wouldn't be a big deal to me.
That link isn't working for me.

Doesn't surprise me that McKenzie is being interviewed. He's been up for GM jobs in the past, and it's probably only a matter of time until someone hires him, but hopefully we can keep him a little longer.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
That link isn't working for me.

Doesn't surprise me that McKenzie is being interviewed. He's been up for GM jobs in the past, and it's probably only a matter of time until someone hires him, but hopefully we can keep him a little longer.
Fixed.

And yeah, sooner or later he's going to get a GM job. I'd prefer later, but we'll still be fine without him as long as we have Thompson.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Jackson won NFL rookie of the week. That makes the third packer rookie to win it.

they get smoked.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Jackson won NFL rookie of the week. That makes the third packer rookie to win it.
Thats Good Drafting by TT
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote