Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2008, 11:43 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Good article on Harris and Woodson.

I don't know why, but reading this made me think, Could Woodson be Thompson's Reggie white to a lesser degree?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:57 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Good article on Harris and Woodson.

I don't know why, but reading this made me think, Could Woodson be Thompson's Reggie white to a lesser degree?
its funny you say that because TT, MM are crazy about him they say hes a great person hard worker, great team player they nothing but good stuf to say about him
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ike&id=3187868

Great article on Thompson and his building of the team we currently have.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:40 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

i was looking at Black Jack stat on espn there very impressive

29 games as a starter, Ikegwuonu totaled 91 tackles, 5½ tackles for losses, six interceptions, 35 passes defensed, one forced fumble and one recovery. Ikegwuonu had 16 pass breakups in 2007.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

What is going to happen with DT Corey Williams this offseason? He is a FA, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
What is going to happen with DT Corey Williams this offseason? He is a FA, right?
Yep, unrestricted. He'll probably be gone. He wants money, we have depth at DT, and plenty of teams will be willing to outspend us.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
Yep, unrestricted. He'll probably be gone. He wants money, we have depth at DT, and plenty of teams will be willing to outspend us.
Interesting.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:40 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

damn good game. I was extremely impressed with the way the oline blocked and how grant ran the ball; the thing i had no idea was that grant was a double major at Notre Dame..Computer science and somethin else...very impressive

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hope we franchise him.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still am liking the idea of franchising him. Then we can try to trade him or keep him for one year with out having to sign a multi year contract.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:56 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Ryan Grant is Exclusive Rights Free Agent
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=nfl&id=3252

i want to give him a new deal...
Old 01-13-2008, 12:12 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Ryan Grant is Exclusive Rights Free Agent
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=nfl&id=3252

i want to give him a new deal...
Exclusive rights free agent means that we own him. If we want him back he is forced to sign a contract for minimum salary.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I still am liking the idea of franchising him. Then we can try to trade him or keep him for one year with out having to sign a multi year contract.
Especially if we have a bunch of cap when it comes the time to make that decision. If we're going to sit on a bunch of money I can understand that, but if we can franchise a player and keep him around for another year and just use part of that cap space than we should.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exclusive rights free agent means that we own him. If we want him back he is forced to sign a contract for minimum salary.
Grant has saved us so he needs a fair deal. Have we seen enough to give him a big contract, or do we wait 1 more year? personally i think he is the real deal and the playoffs help show it. He better be a Packer 4 a long great career

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Especially if we have a bunch of cap when it comes the time to make that decision. If we're going to sit on a bunch of money I can understand that, but if we can franchise a player and keep him around for another year and just use part of that cap space than we should.
If all we do in free agency is resign him and the rest of our guys I would actually be fine with that.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Grant has saved us so he needs a fair deal. Have we seen enough to give him a big contract, or do we wait 1 more year? personally i think he is the real deal and the playoffs help show it. He better be a Packer 4 a long great career
He'll get his, we don't have to worry about it though. We have him for next year no matter what. He'll get a new deal before next year's offseason, it's just a matter of when. I think we will wait until during next season to give him an extention.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Quote:
Me too. I think it will happen though pretty soon if he keeps this up. Sometimes players just need to be rewarded for doing huge things for the team and that is what he did. He came in and gave us a running game when we desperately needed it, because lets face it, if our running game would have finished the season as it started there is no chance we'd be near our level today. Favre throwing 50 or 60 times a game would have been figured out eventually.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:36 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

oh im not worry i think hes a T.T. type guy so hell be around
i think 5yr-20 million
Old 01-13-2008, 12:36 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He'll get his, we don't have to worry about it though. We have him for next year no matter what. He'll get a new deal before next year's offseason, it's just a matter of when. I think we will wait until during next season to give him an extention.
Just dont want another Javon Walker type thing happen. but that was a little bit different because J-Walk had like a 5 year rookie deal he was on and asked for more. Plus Grant seems like a good guy but im pretty sure J-Walk seemed like 1 to.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:02 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Just dont want another Javon Walker type thing happen. but that was a little bit different because J-Walk had like a 5 year rookie deal he was on and asked for more. Plus Grant seems like a good guy but im pretty sure J-Walk seemed like 1 to.
I'm not worried about it. Grant will cash in, it's just a matter of time. When we do give him a new contract I hope we lock him up long term though. If he keeps running like he has he'll be very expensive in a couple years. The soonest I'd expect an extention would be training camp. Then we get through free agency and sign our draft picks and know exactly where we're at cap wise. Then we can structure the deal accordingly.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

As we we know TT doesn't jump to conclusions, but he knows when somebody deserves a deal. I think we'll see offseason talks and something that can get a deal done is a player being prominent within the organization, if we continue to hear good things during the offseason about how Grant is "thee guy" then a deal will be done. I just hope there's no cheap skate type of stuff on the front office side of things that could stir up our locker room.

I think a likely scenario is a little one year deal done no matter what with extension talks to go with it.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:37 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
As we we know TT doesn't jump to conclusions, but he knows when somebody deserves a deal. I think we'll see offseason talks and something that can get a deal done is a player being prominent within the organization, if we continue to hear good things during the offseason about how Grant is "thee guy" then a deal will be done. I just hope there's no cheap skate type of stuff on the front office side of things that could stir up our locker room.

I think a likely scenario is a little one year deal done no matter what with extension talks to go with it.
Exactly what I've been saying. He'll be signed to the Exclusive Rights free agent contract which is the minimum salary for a third year player. Then we will negotiate with him until an extention is signed probably in July-September.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:29 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Brett Favre - The Legend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWrcYxfwOVc

"I Am The Greatest" - "Welcome To The Legends Club" - Muhammad Ali

Last edited by The Legend : 01-13-2008 at 02:42 AM.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:00 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Did anyone else see or hear favre saying that he never said he was comming back next year? I realise that he never actually did, but he did confirm that on tv today for the people that assumed he was implying that his decision was already made.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Am I crazy for thinking we match up better with New England than the Colts?