Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-13-2008, 12:23 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Am I crazy for thinking we match up better with New England than the Colts?
I think the Packers match up better with New England than any team in the league.

But the Packers match up quite well with the Patriots. The Pats have problems with slants and crossing routes, and that is the Packers bread and butter.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone know where I can find a video of Favre out on a lead block? There used to be one youtube but it's not there anymore

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And maybe I should take that back. The Chargers are beating Indy with Gates and Tomlinson on the sideline.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:51 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, I think our secondary lacks the size/speed to match up with Moss and Watson (TE). I think Harris and Woodson would be much more comfortable playing man on Harrison and Wayne.

Offensively, we can (and will have to) score around 35 points on both teams. New England's defense scares me just a bit more than Indy's because they have more ballhawks in the secondary and probably pass rush a little better, but I think Grant could run right past their linebackers all day.

I think Moss is the difference. Harris is too slow to cover him alone so we can't play straight man coverage. He'll need safety help, but Collins is too small. I hope we play Rouse for that game even though we probably won't. Rouse has similiar size/speed Randy has and if gets a hit or 2 on him it might change the way Moss plays.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 01-13-2008 at 01:56 PM.
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe offensively we match up quite well against the Patriots but I'm not sold on our pass defense matching up against their offense. Since their offense incorporates so many different spread out formations a team has to have at least 3 solid cornerbacks and a decent dimeback to be able to stop that passing game. Yes, Woodson and Harris are great but I think our nickel and dime backs would get eaten alive at times. Most likely Welker would have a big game for them against us by playing the slot like he so often does.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:39 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Maybe offensively we match up quite well against the Patriots but I'm not sold on our pass defense matching up against their offense. Since their offense incorporates so many different spread out formations a team has to have at least 3 solid cornerbacks and a decent dimeback to be able to stop that passing game. Yes, Woodson and Harris are great but I think our nickel and dime backs would get eaten alive at times. Most likely Welker would have a big game for them against us by playing the slot like he so often does.
Woodson would line up on Welker.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Woodson would line up on Welker.
Maybe I'm wrong but with how they shift Welker around there would be played where he would be lined up against our nickel or dime. But yeah, Woodson would primarily take responsibility for him.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Maybe I'm wrong but with how they shift Welker around there would be played where he would be lined up against our nickel or dime. But yeah, Woodson would primarily take responsibility for him.
Woodson would follow him around. Woodson plays the slot when teams go with multiple WRs and that's where Welker is. Stalworth is straight speed so Williams might be able to hang with him. Both teams have great QBs, lines, and starting WRs. To me it comes down to would you rather face Stalworth, Watson, and Maroney or Gonzalez, Clark, and Addai. Clark would cause some major problems for us and Addai is much better than Maroney.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

opps, double.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, I've been thinking the same thing for awhile now. Favre would toss is all over them I think. It would be a offensive shootout, that's for sure. The one thing that worries me about NE is Harris on Moss. Moss usually destroys Harris. That being said, I think we all need to worry about NY/Dallas first.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 01-13-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Well it doesn't really matter now. Go Chargers!
Old 01-13-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really hoping the Giants win today. Can you imagine Eli "zomg don't hurt me" Manning in the sub-zero snow facing our vicious D? I don't want to play Dallas again, if just for the chance we lose and hear the "Romo taking over Favre's legacy" CRAP.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Anyone see MM contract extension? Nice!

they get smoked.

Old 01-13-2008, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Anyone see MM contract extension? Nice!
Do you have a link?
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
I'm really hoping the Giants win today. Can you imagine Eli "zomg don't hurt me" Manning in the sub-zero snow facing our vicious D? I don't want to play Dallas again, if just for the chance we lose and hear the "Romo taking over Favre's legacy" CRAP.
Just a thought, The boys during the 90's were always the team that kept Favre out of the superbowl, maybe things will switch up, maybe the packers will be the team to keep Romo out of the Super Bowl.

About matching up with the Pats:
I feel that our defensive line can rush Brady w/ just our front 4 and I think thats the key to stopping Brady and the Pats O.
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
Do you have a link?
They talked about it on Fox Pre Game

Now we need to sign Grant for a couple of years
Old 01-13-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Its great to hear bout the contract extension for MM, he deserves it! He gets the most of these guys and is a damn good coach. As for match ups with the Patriots, we can stop there run game and but im not sure we are deep enough at corner to slow down the passing game. They got 4 quality WR's so hope Blackmon will be back (not sure if he is supose to or not) to give us a little more depth. Are offense can score on them, running and passing and it should be a pretty close game if they are to play each other, he just have to slow up Brady. Are D-Line needs to be on the attack and be getting at him cause you cant afford to send alot of guys at Brady cause he has to many targets.

After watching alot of D-Mac clips and games this year does anyone beside me kind of see a comparsion with him and Ryan Grant? They kind of have the same size, upright running style, Grant doesnt have the speed of D-Mac but to me it seems like they run alot alike. Feel free to call me crazy haha just something that caught my eye and was wondering if anyone else sees it at all
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still very early but Giants/Cowboys both look very beatable right now. It would be nice to play NYG next week but I'd be kind of disappointed if we missed out on a rematch with dallas.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

I dont really see the comparison, Dmac seems flashier too me, not like thats a bad thing. But I agree about our Dline. Just watch what UGA did to Hawaii, they sent 4 guys all day and gave Brennan no time, and were able to keep 7 guys in coverage
Old 01-13-2008, 04:27 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Our d-line can do it 2, it hurts that we are missing some guys like Jolly, but Jenkins is looking healthy again, Corey Wiliams is prob one of the best pass rushing DT out there right now and KGB and Kampman enough said. I was disappointed though with there rush against Seattle, and they can't do that again against the Pats
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
About matching up with the Pats:
I feel that our defensive line can rush Brady w/ just our front 4 and I think thats the key to stopping Brady and the Pats O.
Wait... what makes you think our front four can do ANYTHING to hurry up Brady? That OLine has been mauling people all year and we're not that great at getting sacks, we've really not tallied up many in the last half of the year.

I think we match up as well as anyone against the Pats but I happen to think we're the 2nd best team in football this year so it pretty much fits. I can't see us keeping Moss locked down, I think they'd get some big plays on us. I do think we would shut down any running game and for the most part control the passing game.

Dunno, it'd be an interesting game. We have one to play before we can think about that, though.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
They talked about it on Fox Pre Game

Now we need to sign Grant for a couple of years
He has not gotten an extention yet. This is what was said on the pregame show

JB: And now let's go to Jay Glazer for some breaking news on the Packers.
Jay: Well I'm told that the Packers are working on a contract Extention with coach Mike McCarthy. An extention will be reached before next season.

Well no ****. Wasn't breaking news at all. He's going to get a nice extention, but it hasn't happened yet.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New York Giants are coming to Lambeau baby!!!!!! NFC Championship game in GB!!! woooohoooooooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC Championship in our house!!!!!!!!

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Oh god, this game is going to be Sweet. I wonder what the weather will be like..?

they get smoked.