Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-13-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate to get ahead of ourselves, but we can potentially destroy the Giants.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Oh god, this game is going to be Sweet. I wonder what the weather will be like..?
Very cold, barely above 0.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Very cold, barely above 0.
Quote:
Saturday...Partly cloudy. Highs 5 to 10 above zero.

Saturday Night...Partly cloudy. Lows zero to 5 below.
I hope that includes snow. Snow games are always the most fun to watch.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My dad bet 20 bucks on the Pack winning the Super Bowl in July. If they win he gets 1000 bucks.

50-1 odds. How crazy is that.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I hate to get ahead of ourselves, but we can potentially destroy the Giants.
Honestly. We beat them 35-13 without Ryan Grant starting.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish it wasn't going to be quite that cold, but whatever it still gives us an advantage. Hopefully MM practices them outside a bit this week, which he likely won't.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
My dad bet 20 bucks on the Pack winning the Super Bowl in July. If they win he gets 1000 bucks.

50-1 odds. How crazy is that.
I bet 100... ooooooo I could be rich baby.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
That was a looooong time ago, and even that game was pretty close till the end as I recall.

I'd give the Packers the edge, just cause Eli is due to do something stupid, but I said before the game that I thought the Giants would be a tougher draw as they have the hot hand.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Game plan is simple;

-Stop the run game

-Make Eli beat us
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'd give the Packers the edge, just cause Eli is due to do something stupid, but I said before the game that I thought the Giants would be a tougher draw as they have the hot hand.
You also said the Giants could stop the run today..... They did just fine with that...

they get smoked.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
That was a looooong time ago, and even that game was pretty close till the end as I recall.

Have you seen Ryan Grant play? I think the Packers will beat the Giants for a number of reasons, not just Eli's inevitable mishaps.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You also said the Giants could stop the run today..... They did just fine with that...
They held them to 17 points, I'd say that's a job well done regardless of how many pointless yards you give up.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

But the Packers don't have a hot hand? We just dismantled the Seahawks after their 14-0 start. I'd say a 42-6 run to finish the game is more/as much of a hot hand as what the Giants have at this point. Especially for an inexperienced team looking for their footing in the playoffs.

Hitman D

Old 01-13-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah, it was too long ago to make an accurate judgement of how this game will turn out. But I think that the Packers are coming into this game pretty hot too right now at this point. A rout like we had after falling behind fast in the playoffs did great things for our confidence and having the next game at home just helps us even more. Now the two things I will really be looking at for the next game are the weather that will be going on and the health of Sam Madison and Aaron Ross. In my opinion, if those two can't play then we will greatly increase our chances. Sure, Romo couldn't take advantage of it, but I have a little more confidence in Favre. Either way, should be a good game.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
But the Packers don't have a hot hand? We just dismantled the Seahawks after their 14-0 start. I'd say a 42-6 run to finish the game is more/as much of a hot hand as what the Giants have at this point. Especially for an inexperienced team looking for their footing in the playoffs.
I'm saying they would be a harder opponent than the Cowboys, that has nothing do with how the Packers are playing.

Who knows? It certainly is nice for the Packers to play at home, and the Cowboys are unquestionably more talented than the Giants, but I wouldn't want to play the Giants now if I had the choice. They're a team with really nothing to lose whereas I think it was clear the Cowboys were going to choke at some point.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
And they now don't have Shockey. He was pretty much the only thing that gave us trouble in that game. They do have Brandon Jacobs back now, but I'm confident in our run defence no matter who the RB is. I'd much rather have Jacobs in than Shockey. Boss has been playing well, but he's no Shockey. The teams we've stuggled covering the TE against have been ones with elite TEs. Shockey, Gates, Cooley, Witten, Gonzalez, those are the guys that we had a hard time with. Most teams do though.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm saying they would be a harder opponent than the Cowboys, that has nothing do with how the Packers are playing.

Who knows? It certainly is nice for the Packers to play at home, and the Cowboys are unquestionably more talented than the Giants, but I wouldn't want to play the Giants now if I had the choice. They're a team with really nothing to lose whereas I think it was clear the Cowboys were going to choke at some point.
Isn't that what people were saying about the 'hawks? I'm not trying to sound over confident, but the Packers don't need to prove themselves every week.

Hitman D

Old 01-13-2008, 08:32 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys had better beat the Giants. I'd cry if I had to hear about Eli for two weeks (and potentially longer if they won).
Old 01-13-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I hope that includes snow. Snow games are always the most fun to watch.
The game is on Sunday not Saturday GB. Wrong forecast

they get smoked.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think it's pretty clear that Eli (and the Giants in general) is going to choke at some point. Also we are as healthy as we've been all year IMO while they are pretty beat up. Shockey being out is huge, and Favre is going to torch their secondary.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Isn't that what people were saying about the 'hawks? I'm not trying to sound over confident, but the Packers don't need to prove themselves every week.
I think the 'hawks surprised everybody. I at least thought they would contend.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:36 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one has the hotter hand in this game and its all gonna come down to whether the Packers line can handle the Giants rush. I expect a heavy dose of Jacobs/Bradshaw too but the Packers run defense should be more than up to the task.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
The game is on Sunday not Saturday GB. Wrong forecast
Yeah, they are the same. When I went to copy I just selected the wrong one. Only difference is that it's sunny on Sunday.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:52 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
When you're in the playoffs, yes you do. Every team has to prove themselves. That's the whole point.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:59 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When you're in the playoffs, yes you do. Every team has to prove themselves. That's the whole point.
If you win thats all that matters, winning means you don't have to prove **** to anyone.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote