Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-13-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God, I mean Greg Jennings didnt play againist the Giants in week 2 due to injury as well.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
When you're in the playoffs, yes you do. Every team has to prove themselves. That's the whole point.
Obviously. The way you're presenting it seems to say you feel the Packers limped through Seattle, and will be lucky to beat the short-handed Giants.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:40 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4ever View Post
Game plan is simple;

-Stop the run game

-Make Eli beat us
Maybe that's the defensive game plan, and they do have very good running backs. Offensive game plan:

-Stop best pass rush in the league.

-Unleash Ryan Grant on them to allow them to understand they shouldn't have traded him away for a 6th round pick.

-Do not turn ball over. Cowboys almost doubled the Giants in yardage and had the ball for 13 minutes more that the Giants but ended up losing due to those turnovers.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:42 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Obviously. The way you're presenting it seems to say you feel the Packers limped through Seattle, and will be lucky to beat the short-handed Giants.
Not at all, I just find it a bit presumptuous that many of you are acting like you've already won. (Particularly the # of you that are saying you'll beat the Pats)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:49 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Not at all, I just find it a bit presumptuous that many of you are acting like you've already won. (Particularly the # of you that are saying you'll beat the Pats)
I haven't seen anybody say that yet. Only remember someone saying "Am I crazy for thinking we match up with the Pats better then any team?" something like that

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:51 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you match up well against the pats.

But dont overlook G-men. They just played us like a fiddle. It doesnt feel too good right now.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Grant will be on PTI today.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i guess i will have to watch it then
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:08 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm, wasn't on today. Maybe it's tomorrow.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

yea i was waiting for it, and it just never came on. my guess it will come on closer to game day.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I'm guessing if its any day its tomorrow because that is their day off.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

is it only me or is it everyone, giants scare me a bit
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
To be frank NO! i might be getting ahead of my self but. There depleted secondary cant cover our 5 wide sets. I believe our defense matches up very well with there offense and i say that grant should have an average day and make a few good runs latter in the ball game.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
To be frank NO! i might be getting ahead of my self but. There depleted secondary cant cover our 5 wide sets. I believe our defense matches up very well with there offense and i say that grant should have an average day and make a few good runs latter in the ball game.
Our offensive strengths match up very well against their defense.
(Uber pass protection, 5-receiver sets, physical run game to stem those blitzes)

Our defensive strengths match up very well against their offense.
(Hard-hitting, physical, great against the run)

I don't see them being able to pass on us in any situation and that will allow us to blow up the run game.

I see us being able to take advantage of their aggressive D and put up points.

Me likey.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:40 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

i really dont feel like we have too much to fear from the Gmen. I mean we did just shut down Kearney, and the Seahawks running game. Plus our hard hitting defense should put them in line. Plus if Atari plays as well as he did saturday, i will be even more pumped about our chances against the Pats.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Personally, after watching the packers destroy the seahawks I think the packers are going to also win big against the giants.
But yes, Damn right im scared. I want the packers in the superbowl as much as anybody.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:32 AM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

That pass rush is scaring me. As long as we contain that we'll be fine. During the Dallas game they couldnt get pressure on Romo but in the second half they just exploded and Romo had somebody in his face on almost everydown. However Dallas did nothing to slow it down; no screens, no draws, no hitches. Which is something we like to do a lot.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:42 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
Personally, after watching the packers destroy the seahawks I think the packers are going to also win big against the giants.
But yes, Damn right im scared. I want the packers in the superbowl as much as anybody.
thats what worrys me going into the game thinking we are gonna throw them around

to be honest it seem like the same thing when we vs the bears both times
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:55 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skip Bayless quote today from ESPN:

"Their [the Packers] offensive line is dominant and their running game is the best of the remaining playoff teams"

Pretty high praise putting us above the Giants and Chargers. Definitely not what I was expecting to hear.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:57 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

people are really starting to jump on the GB bandwagon. the only problem i have with that, is that our heads are going to get too big and we might not take the game seriously. kinda like what the cowboys did. i mean jerry jones did give everyone of his players two tickets to the championship game.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:31 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

ryan grant on PTI in like 10 minutes.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:31 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
I'm guessing if its any day its tomorrow because that is their day off.
That is the correct answer. He will be on in 5-10 minutes.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking if Moss had come to GB instead of NE...it would have been a little frustrating because everyone would hail Moss as our savior who brought us from mediocre to elite. On the other hand, it would be nice if we didn't have to play him in 3 weeks.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

he is becoming a media darling.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:34 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

i agree with you on moss. it would of mad moss have a big head and at any moment he could of exploded like he did in minnesota.