Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-17-2008, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
good article, hopefully we can sign grant and bigby long term this offseason
At this point in time I'm sold in giving a contract to Grant but I just don't think I'm at that point with Bigby. Sure, its just his first year as a starting player but some of the mistakes he was making for a while in the middle of the year are enough to make me think twice as to whether its time to give him a big contract now. Maybe something intermediate that can be extended in the next couple years if his good play continues and he becomes the player we think he can become.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:38 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i think the next couple of games, will decide what type of deal he gets, i will trust TT with doing the right thing, he has not screwed up yet. :knock on wood:
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i think the next couple of games, will decide what type of deal he gets, i will trust TT with doing the right thing, he has not screwed up yet. :knock on wood:
Yep, In TT We Trust.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:49 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Harris said Bibgy is like Dawkins, to be honest he does remind me of him
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...r/01/16/bigby/

a like his toughness, his speed, and the way he tackles and his dreads are just a plus lol
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:28 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i am starting to think we should just start draft people with dreads. lol. they always seem to be rather good for the pack.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Harris said Bibgy is like Dawkins, to be honest he does remind me of him
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...r/01/16/bigby/

a like his toughness, his speed, and the way he tackles and his dreads are just a plus lol
My problem with him was that he was late on every passing play and his technique wasnt great. Now that he seems to understand the game more, his timing kept on improving since the awful Dallas game. He will be something once he gets more experience. Imagine him hitting Randy Moss like he did against Seattle's receivers...
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4ever View Post
Imagine him hitting Randy Moss like he did against Seattle's receivers...
I think that's what we need to do to win the super bowl... beat the crap out of their receivers until all they can think about is not taking a hit when they catch the ball.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

That seemed to be our plan against Seattle. and it worked. they could not catch a ball to save their life by the end of the game.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:19 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

I just won tickets to the super bowl WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

come on packers
Old 01-17-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
I just won tickets to the super bowl WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

come on packers
Como? Bastard

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Como? Bastard
you see i get two tickets and with that attitude your not my friend to bring lol
Old 01-17-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

and how did you win them???
Old 01-18-2008, 03:14 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's an article in the jsOnline about all the fans in the area that have been given tickets to the NFC Championship by their business. Haven't seen a Super Bowl article about tickets, other than they are going for between $3400-$4400 a ticket right now.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:41 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
At this point in time I'm sold in giving a contract to Grant but I just don't think I'm at that point with Bigby. Sure, its just his first year as a starting player but some of the mistakes he was making for a while in the middle of the year are enough to make me think twice as to whether its time to give him a big contract now. Maybe something intermediate that can be extended in the next couple years if his good play continues and he becomes the player we think he can become.
I agree totally with you, but if the Packers do give Grant a better contract, which they should, does that mean corey williams is gonna play for someone else next season? I wouldnt mind that because Harrell is getting great experience this post season and Jolly will be back and there is still possibly collin cole and daniel muir.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:08 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
and how did you win them???
Radio Lottery Contest
Old 01-18-2008, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
I agree totally with you, but if the Packers do give Grant a better contract, which they should, does that mean corey williams is gonna play for someone else next season? I wouldnt mind that because Harrell is getting great experience this post season and Jolly will be back and there is still possibly collin cole and daniel muir.
I think its possible that Williams could be in demand by some other teams and their attempts to acquire him will drive up the price for him to stay. With that being said, I don't think Thompson is the kind of guy who is ready to overpay a player especially when we have great depth at the position. So I think there's a good chance he walks after this season, not what I want, but that's business.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MM five years 4 mil per year. Nice.
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs...1989/frontpage

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Come one guys, please beat the pats in the SB.

BRETT FAVRE IS THE MAN!!!!
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
MM five years 4 mil per year. Nice.
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs...1989/frontpage
Now he won't be making less than a certain assistant/coordinator in the NFL

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys i just took a time machine to 2018, heres what i heard on ESPN.

"Today on SPortscenter, will this be the year Favre calls it quits? Will Aaron Rodgers finally takeover the team?"
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Can anyone tell me if this is true who live sin the GB area. I heard the city turned New York ave to McCarthy way for Sunday. Any truth of this?

they get smoked.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can anyone tell me if this is true who live sin the GB area. I heard the city turned New York ave to McCarthy way for Sunday. Any truth of this?
I don't live in Green Bay, but that is 100% ******** right there.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would almost happen, but I can see Aaron Rodgers retiring before Favre does...

I'm still irritated that Harrell was the selection instead of Greg Olsen. I'd MUCH rather give Williams a good contract than relying on Harrell.

Nice contract for MM and good to see a new Prez, TT and MM all likely to be together for a number of years.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Harrell and Williams aren't the same type of DT, and Harrell likely won't be relied upon as taking Williams exact role, even if he does leave. Harrell and Pickett will make it very difficult to rush, they aren't pass rushers like Williams is. I don't really see how anyone can still be mad with Harrell over Olsen with the emergence of Lee. The Packers depth on the defensive line is one their major strengths. Imagine the predicament the packers would be in if they hadn't selected Harrell with injuries to Pickett and Jolly. The only real argument I can be seen made at that pick is Leon Hall, he would have helped out immensely.

they get smoked.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
I like Johnny Jolly and Colin Cole, but I'd still like to keep Corey Williams. Too bad Harrell has his money and likely his roster spot next year. Ryan Grant definitely deserves a contract upgrade!!! With how many years he has with the Packers, I doubt they'll give him big money, but they need to give him a respectable contract.