Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From Pro Football Weekly

DT Williams might consider taking less to stay put

Jan. 23, 2008

A few days removed from their upset loss to the Giants in the NFC title game, we’re told the Packers’ top priority at this writing was to nail down a well-deserved contract extension for head coach Mike McCarthy, which we hear could happen any time now. Once that piece of important business is taken care of — look for McCarthy to double his yearly salary to roughly $4 million — the team is expected to begin taking a closer look at its unsigned free agents, with DT Corey Williams considered to be at the top of the list. As good as Williams performed this season, our sources believe the Packers will not be willing to break the bank on his behalf at a position at which they have already invested heavily. The fact the DT position is also considered probably the deepest position on the team could also send Williams packing. What could keep Williams around, though, is his reported willingness to offer the team a hometown discount for his services. “I love being here in Green Bay,” Williams told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel last week. “The only thing I can say about that is I just want to be treated fair. If that means I would have to take a little cut or whatever, like I said, I just want to be treated fair.”

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
From Pro Football Weekly

DT Williams might consider taking less to stay put
that would be great
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:12 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chad Clifton will replace Walter Jones in the Pro Bowl.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Corey Williams has become one my favorite players. There's something about seeing 99 with that visor in a Packer uniform, I would miss him. You have to respect that he was the only guy out there on the field having several minutes by himself after the game and he cried out there. How can you not want that guy on the team? Also, while our D-Line is maybe the best 4-3 line in the NFL, it lacks guys who force turnovers. He's done that more than anybody on the D-Line the last 2 years.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great to hear that Williams wants to stay. Keeping him would be pretty big.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Corey Williams is an animal at times but it looked like he was a little antsy in the Giants game and committed some offsides. Overall hes great to have around for the depth.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Corey Williams is an animal at times but it looked like he was a little antsy in the Giants game and committed some offsides. Overall hes great to have around for the depth.
There were two offside penalties at the two yard line; had nothing to lose b/c Jacobs wasn't going to be stopped

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

A fresh legged Corey Williams is a beast. A tired one is "just a guy."

Any team that expects him to be an above average full time player is going to be disappointed. We should keep him in the role he had when Jolly was healthy.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre will not be at the Pro Bowl. I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in this decission. He's backed out of it quite a few times now. I understand that after a couple it gets old and most players don't like playing in the game. This is the perfect year for him to go though. He's the starter, his long time left tackle is going for the first time, and McCarthy and Co. will be coaching the team.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed. It'd be nice to see him out there with the other Packers, but considering he's done it so many times, another QB will appreciate that Favre's not going.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
Agreed. It'd be nice to see him out there with the other Packers, but considering he's done it so many times, another QB will appreciate that Favre's not going.
Jeff Garcia is his replacement, he's already gone 3 times.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Sad News Guys - Jack Ikegwuonu..... blow out his knee and wont play next year probly, also is getting charge for stealing a xbox

so now he gonna be a 6/7 round pick or free agent

Last edited by GB12 : 01-24-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Sad News Guys - Jack Ikegwuonu..... blow out his knee and wont play next year probly, also is getting charge for stealing a xbox

Maybe, but I still think that it is possible that he gets taken earlier by a team that can afford to risk it on a player that won't play in 2008.

Last edited by GB12 : 01-24-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Twiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:11 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Maybe, but I still think that it is possible that he gets taken earlier by a team that can afford to risk it on a player that won't play in 2008.
how ealry? i cant see him going in the 1st day

thou i hope the packers still take him
Old 01-25-2008, 07:12 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah, I heard that. It's really too bad for him. I still hope we take him later in the draft as it wouldn't cost us much and we could simply put him on IR and let him rehab.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:47 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Yeah, I heard that. It's really too bad for him. I still hope we take him later in the draft as it wouldn't cost us much and we could simply put him on IR and let him rehab.
its not that simple, what people are over looking it this

Quote:
He and his twin brother, Bill, allegedly broke into an apartment in DeKalb, Ill. -- where Bill attended school at Northern Illinois and played defensive back for the football team -- and tried to steal an Xbox. If convicted of residential burglary, a Class 1 felony in Illinois, Jack Ikegwuonu faces a minimum of four years in prison and a fine of up to $25,000.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:42 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
its not that simple, what people are over looking it this
He's not going to go to prision for that. It's pretty much a non issue, he'll get a fine at that's the end of it.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get why he would try to steal and xbox when in a little while he will be making millions of dollars. Any1 know how he blew out his knee?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I don't get why he would try to steal and xbox when in a little while he will be making millions of dollars. Any1 know how he blew out his knee?
working on his speed practicing his 40 yard dash, he ran 4.28 one time at Wiscon.....
man what if he ran that at the combine lol

Last edited by The Legend : 01-25-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ike might have great speed, but his 2007 was weak. He's got character issues also. Antoine Cason won the Thorpe award, is a 4 year starter and has been solid all 4 years.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:41 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
Ike might have great speed, but his 2007 was weak. He's got character issues also. Antoine Cason won the Thorpe award, is a 4 year starter and has been solid all 4 years.
He played better towards the end of the year and yeah, the character issues are there as well but probably not that big a concern. Someone will take a shot at him in the 5th round or so.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch.../2008&id=34686

Andrew Brandt our salary cap genius is leaving.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
DraftKidWonder
Rookie

DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Cool Another Packer!

this sight he gained another Packer! Aaron Rodgers, Charles Woodson, Nick Barnett, and Greg Jennings are awesome!
DraftKidWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Was that supposed to make sense?
Old 01-29-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
this sight he gained another Packer! Aaron Rodgers, Charles Woodson, Nick Barnett, and Greg Jennings are awesome!
What are your thoughts on Johnny Jolly and Colin Cole? Please 500 words or less.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote