Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2008, 12:06 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Allen's troubled past may stop TT from making a move for him
It would be awesome if we got Allen. I don't think that would stop TT he would still bring him in for an interview and see how he feels about him. He would fit great in our system and really elevate our defense. In the end he probably gets franchised though.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:54 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Wahle was cut from the Panthers, people on here have said they wanted Alan Fanaca in free agency but what about Mike Wahle he is younger and would come cheaper. I dont know if he would fit and I havent seen him play.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Mike Wahle was cut from the Panthers, people on here have said they wanted Alan Fanaca in free agency but what about Mike Wahle he is younger and would come cheaper. I dont know if he would fit and I havent seen him play.
That'd be rather interesting. Wahle didn't hold anything against us for not keeping him, and he still is good friends with some of our players. The problem is that I worry how much he's declined. An even more interesting thought would be to sign him, scrap the ZBS, plug Coston in at RG, and Boom! Clifton-Wahle-Wells-Coston-Tauscher in the old blocking system we used, which they all have experience and success in. (Coston didn't get a chance to play so no success, but he does have the experience and it's clearly a better fit for him)

Last edited by GB12 : 02-12-2008 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Whale to Wahle. How'd I make the mistake twice?
GB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

even having wahle would be nice if he came cheap

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

i know Chad would love to have him back, it wold be pretty cool for him to come back

Quote:
guard Mike Wahle, got the richest contract ever for an interior lineman -- a five-year, $28.5 million deal with Carolina.

http://www.neilcornrich.com/2005_03_01_archive.html
boy times have changed

Last edited by The Legend : 02-11-2008 at 09:53 PM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah now I'd only take him as a backup for a cheap price...

That's more because of the ZBS though, I bet Chicago signs him.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 02-11-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Yeah now I'd only take him as a backup for a cheap price...

That's more because of the ZBS though, I bet Chicago signs him.
I think we'll sign him as well. I'm not sure how happy about that I would be actually.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I think we'll sign him as well. I'm not sure how happy about that I would be actually.
Can't be any worse than what is currently on the roster

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love it if chicago picked him up; add another older offensive lineman, to an already old oline
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:02 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Whale is a great guard, i'd take him over Spitz or Colledge any day
Old 02-12-2008, 01:58 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Whale is a great guard, i'd take him over Spitz or Colledge any day
I think the Packer nostalgia is blurring the vision on Wahle...he's pretty old and he's not a great fit for our team anymore. Give him maybe half a year to learn the new system and he's got at best a couple good years left in him, he's more of a stop gap player now.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 02-12-2008, 02:03 AM    (permalink
FLORIDA PACKER
Rookie

FLORIDA PACKER hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I think the Packer nostalgia is blurring the vision on Wahle...he's pretty old and he's not a great fit for our team anymore. Give him maybe half a year to learn the new system and he's got at best a couple good years left in him, he's more of a stop gap player now.

Carolina Runs the Zone Scheme as well I believe. He's 31 which is the prime for linemen, and he's the perfect fit for what were running right now, athletic and quick linemen, and he's also got some punch and a lil bit of a mean streak.
FLORIDA PACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:28 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Wahle would be a fine fit for the ZBS, and 31 isn't that old for a team that thinks it has a shot at the SB.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Pacific
Rookie

Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.

I think bringing back Wahle would add some veteran presence to the locker room, especially beneficial for the young o-lineman. I don't think that getting him should be looked on as a need, but if he wants to come back and we don't overpay, I think he'd be a great sign.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dang i thought he was like 33 or 34
31 isnt that bad at all, Faneca is 31

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

With TT's style I just don't think he would go after Lance Briggs or not. I guess I wouldn't mind. I was also looking at Domonique Foxworth of Denver. He plays nickel as it is now and is only 24 who would be a cheap upgrade over Bush. His a RFA though which means giving up draft picks, I think he was a middle round guy.

Also, this teams doesn't have many holes. On offense, maybe some depth at OL, maybe a back-up TE (Kellen Davis would be my pick in round 3) but no real worries on that side. I would feel fine if nothing was added to the offense. On defense we all know we need a S and CB depth. My thought is why not trade up and get Kenny Phillips, cause he may not fall to us in round 1. I know TT likes to trade down to get picks but if the pack draft 8-9 guys probably only half, maybe less make the team. I know TT doesn't like to trade up but Phillps would be amazing. I think trading up would be a great decision considering the lack of pressing needs the pack have.

What about if Slaton or J Stewart are there when the pack picks, this is why the draft is amazing. Plus, there are lots of solid WR's, we don't need any but what if DeSean Jackson falls. So many things could happen, but I really think this draft is as solid as it has been in years.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=717534
Quote:
On Tuesday, a day after he was released by the Carolina Panthers, Wahle said the Packers were the kind of team that appeals to him and returning to the organization that brought him into the National Football League nine years ago would be something he could envision.
"I would definitely consider it," said Wahle, who left the Packers in 2005 for a five-year, $27 million free agent contract with the Panthers and made the Pro Bowl that year for the first time. "They're a real class organization. I've got a lot of respect for that franchise."
I probably wouldn't be thinking the same way had he not been a Packer before, but I'm still kind of intrigued by the idea of him returning.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

I'm completely down for a Wahle reunion.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:57 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justing Smiley is a better option. He's younger and fits the ZBS better, plus he's familiar with MM. Also, his name makes me happy.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:13 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, aren't the Panthers switching over to ZBS? You think that had anything to do with them cutting him?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Also, aren't the Panthers switching over to ZBS? You think that had anything to do with them cutting him?
Yes they are but they also have alot of needs and not enough money so cutting him and Dan Morgan saved them 7 million. They also have younger options some of which they fairly high draft picks on who are going to start so they didnt need him. I wouldnt mind bringing him back I don't know if he is exactly suited for the ZBS but Im pretty sure Clifton and Tauscher aren't either and they have worked out. Also it always depends on the amount of money he would want, but we don't have to worry because Ted probably wont overpay for someone who is not real old but getting up there in age, he will just get someone younger for less.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:03 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Russ Ball to take over for Brandt.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=717535
Old 02-13-2008, 01:36 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Yeah we did it the year we cut Wahle... I thought it was a major reason we cut him but apparently he plays in the ZBS in Carolina so I guess that isn't something to hold against him. Evaluating his play in CAR is a different story though and something I haven't done much of.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 02-13-2008, 02:47 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Yeah, Wahle would be a fine fit for the ZBS, and 31 isn't that old for a team that thinks it has a shot at the SB.
Then he's a much better fit for GB than for Chicago...

What worries me about Wahle is that he had the torn labrum in his shoulder and wasn't that good last year. Maybe with an off season of treatment he'll be back. For our system, he'd be better than anyone on the roster except maybe Wells. Denver never had a problem with 31 year old linemen in their system.

He won't come cheap, but he's not a break the bank player, and I think after being on Carolina the last two years he wants to get back to winning. Maybe a contract equal to the one he got to leave? It's more reasonable now and GB has the cap room.

Mike Wahle and Jared Allen, along with a solid draft would set the team up nice for 2008 and I think we could fit both guys under the cap as well as pay Corey Williams (franchise?) if we want to keep him.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:23 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

i belive if we sign Jared Allen then that mean Cullen Jenkins is moving to inside so theres no point to tag Williams not to mention we cant tag williams and sign Allen we dont have that type of money

but to be honest i dont see us going after Jared Allen look for him to be asking for 7yrs 63 Million like Charles Grant, his contract will be really big

and i cant see us going after Marcus Trufant also to have 3 defensive back making 5million a year (Harris 5yrs 20 Million, Woodson 7yrs 52 Million) Trufant is going to want money and hes young not to metion Atari Bigby will want a contract also

i see us signing offensive lineman and take care of the players in house like Williams, Bigby, Grant, Coston and add depth in the draft we were one step away from the superbowl i dont see us doing anything big this offseason

Last edited by The Legend : 02-13-2008 at 07:31 AM.