Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2008, 09:58 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just wondering, anyone think any guys in the draft r worth trading up for?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:03 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post

Glenn Dorsey - Vernon Gholston - Ryan Clady
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Glenn Dorsey
That's the stupidest thing I've read on here in months, and I've seen many stupid posts. We are stacked at DT, no need to draft one at all. Taking one on the first day would be dumb, taking one in the first would get Thompson fired, trading up to take a DT would get him decapitated by me personally. To get Glenn Dorsey we would have to give up our entire 2008 draft and our 2009 and 2010 first rounders, for an unproven rookie who could be a complete bust. That's ******* crazy. I wouldn't give that much up for an established NFL star and you want to do it for a freakin rookie.

Quote:
Vernon Gholston
Again a dumb idea. Not close to as bad as trading up for Dorsey, but still very dumb. Let's say conservatively we'd have to go to 16 to get him. That'd be our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, for again a position that's not even a need.

Quote:
Ryan Clady
I wouldn't want us to take him if he's available at 30. If you want to take a tackle in the first I guess that's understandable(though I completely disagree with it) but if you want to trade up for one you don't know what you're talking about.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree with GB, definately don't need a DT and Dorsey is overrated and set for a draft day fall anyway. Gholston will be a good player but he's more of a 3-4 OLB than a 4-3 DE, maybe if we put him at LB but we would be paying a huge price for a guy that doesn't fit. Don't know much about Clady but again we aren't going to trade up to draft a backup.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ahmad Carroll back in football http://www.orlandopredators.com/View...ATCLID=1387476
Old 02-13-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Love Arena Football

Go Chris Greisen and the Georgia Force!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Pacific
Rookie

Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.

I'm a Philadelphia Soul man myself, but that's off topic :)

Good for Ahmad! Now, because he's playing on a smaller field, Carroll can cut his penalty yards in half.....maybe.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Trade up? Are you out you damn mind? This is Ted Thompson, he can find a gem in any round. If anything, trade back, and let the man do what he do.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Trade up? Are you out you damn mind? This is Ted Thompson, he can find a gem in any round. If anything, trade back, and let the man do what he do.
Well, I'm not so sure about that anymore. Yes, let the man do what he do but I really think the thing he does is do whatever is necessary depending on the condition of his team. In the past three years we've had a desperate need for depth all around so he traded down and got more picks, a very wise things to do. Now that those picks have developed and we have less needs I do think it is possible that we do trade up at one time or another to grab a prospect of our choice. It won't be like trading way up into the first round but I could easily see it later on. Not like more picks is a bad thing but there is a time when a team doesn't need a dozen picks every year, and this may be that time for us.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:41 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Defensive Tackle
you have justin harrell who we dont know will pan out
you have corey williams who we dont know will be back
we have Ryan Pickett who has 2 years left and takes breaks
we Johnny Jolly who we dont know how he will be from his injury and has 1yr left
and colin cole who is a free agent we dont know if he will be back
so this time next year it could be Harrell, and Pickett in his last year

so yeah glenn doresy wold be smart move to metion he can play inside or outside he can start right away next to Pickett
giving breaks to Pickett & Kampman would hurt also and he can move around

how deep are we really Johnny Jolly & Justin Harell & Ryan Pickett is who we have under contract 3 DT doesnt count as depth

also if we did trade for any of the players its cause they drop its not like saying go out there and get them but if they drop far to please us and we had a good free agency then why not

Vernon Gholston move up for yes because we could have one of the best pass rush's in the league which we NEED if we take him we can move Jenkins back to DT and him and Pickett can do there things, also we can take care of Corner & Tight End & Offensiveline during free agency defensive line would cost to much and the talent level is high after the 7yr contact players

not taking Ryan Clady at 30 would be the dumbest move ever, we talking about a player of can play inside or outside
a player whos very quick and strong great feet work can play any system
people even have him better then jake long as do i, he just doesnt have the amount of games played as you like so thers not amount of tape you need he destoryed every end in the NCAA also not to worry he wont make it past 14 so we would have to trade for the best offensive lineman
to have would give us one of the best O-lines in the league right away
also are people for getting how bad our guards were vs the giants thats why i say move up for offensive line Clady could play guard he maybe better suited there to be come amazing Left Guard would be perfect for him and start him right away hes better then anything else we got

so i stand by my trades even thou you shoot them down

Last edited by The Legend : 02-14-2008 at 12:50 AM.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:27 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been saying all along that the packers should trade up to get calias campbell, because he wont go nearly as high as gholston and he has got great size, better than gholston. I completely agree with you on trading up for a DE, I dont agree with the Glenn Dorsey one, because he is a top ten pick, so we would have to give everything we got to pick up only one player, and with the Clady one, it could happen. Although if he did drop to 30, we had better take him, because he is elite in his pass protection, much like chad clifton is.I would be all for trading up for someone who will have an immediate impact, and that would not cost a ton. I dont feel that Clady will make an immediate impact, so I dont want the packers to trade up for him. I think the packers will make a move this off season on someone, either through free agency or the draft, we are so close to having an elite team, and maybe adding one or two studs would do it.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:46 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Well, I'm not so sure about that anymore. Yes, let the man do what he do but I really think the thing he does is do whatever is necessary depending on the condition of his team. In the past three years we've had a desperate need for depth all around so he traded down and got more picks, a very wise things to do. Now that those picks have developed and we have less needs I do think it is possible that we do trade up at one time or another to grab a prospect of our choice. It won't be like trading way up into the first round but I could easily see it later on. Not like more picks is a bad thing but there is a time when a team doesn't need a dozen picks every year, and this may be that time for us.
That is what Packer fans have been saying for three offseaons.Not going to happen

Ang legend, Jolly is more of a sure thing than Harrell will ever be, the man is a freak.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:49 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That is what Packer fans have been saying for three offseaons.Not going to happen

And legend, Jolly is more of a sure thing than Harrell will ever be, the man is a freak.
i didnt say he was not but his injury is the question does he come back 100%
Old 02-14-2008, 05:17 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
im just wondering
like it says in the question

Old 02-14-2008, 12:14 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're DT argument pretty much works for any position on the team. Ex. Favre is gonna retire soon and Rodgers contract is almost up so is it imperative that we draft a QB? Hell no we spent years on Rodgers. Why would we draft another DT and wait for him to develop when we can just resign people who have been with the team and use our draft pick somewhere else?

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Ang legend, Jolly is more of a sure thing than Harrell will ever be, the man is a freak.
I think it will, you just can't say that he'll never trade up. Honestly, do we really need to trade down much this year? Its not like we have a huge amount of needs, we have some areas that need to be addressed but other than that its not too much. And just because we did it one way the past three years doesn't mean anything. This is a different situation and we are a more complete team. Maybe I'm wrong but I just think its stupid to think that there is no chance we'll trade up just because of what we've done in the past.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
I think it will, you just can't say that he'll never trade up. Honestly, do we really need to trade down much this year? Its not like we have a huge amount of needs, we have some areas that need to be addressed but other than that its not too much. And just because we did it one way the past three years doesn't mean anything. This is a different situation and we are a more complete team. Maybe I'm wrong but I just think its stupid to think that there is no chance we'll trade up just because of what we've done in the past.
Yeah we are no longer in a building mode like the past 3 drafts have been for TT; we are in a state where we are just a few pieces from getting to where we want to be and trading up and bringing in an impact player in the draft would be of those few pieces we're looking for.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

It dosen't matte if the packers are in rebuilding mode or not. TT covets draft picks and he dosen't trade up. Sure, there is always a possibility if the situation is right, but don't count on it.

Ted Thompson will " reach" with the packers first draft pick on an offensive lineman. Just watch.

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 02-14-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Defensive Tackle
you have justin harrell who we dont know will pan out
Do you not realize how dumb this makes you look? We don't know how last years first round DT will turn out so we should draft another first round DT this year? Riiight. In that case we should not draft Glenn Dorsey because we don't know how he will "pan out".
Quote:
you have corey williams who we dont know will be back
The reason Corey Williams might not be back is because we're so stacked at DT that it's not necessary to keep him. If we resign Williams then there is absolutely 0% chance we draft Dorsey opposed to the .0001% chance if we don't. If we don't resign him than we decided that we are happy with the guys under contract. Honestly here, you just proved my point.
Quote:
we have Ryan Pickett who has 2 years left and takes breaks
Ryan Pickett is only 28. DT is not like running back where players lose it once they hit thirty. Also Ryan Pickett never takes plays off. I don't know what the hell you're watching, but that's far from the truth. He does his job very well.
Quote:
we Johnny Jolly who we dont know how he will be from his injury and has 1yr left
Johnny Jolly will be fine. The injury he suffered was minor as far as season ending injuries go. They even initially thought he could have come back and played at the end of the season. Had it happened in October instead of November he would have been back. I'm not concerned in the least about this. And take a look at his injury history. He had a much more serious ankle injury last year and he came back from it and took the starting job.

Quote:
and colin cole who is a free agent we dont know if he will be back
If we want Colin Cole back he will be back. Why would you even bring him up? He's a restricted free agent so we own his rights unless we choose not to have him Even if he was unrestricted we'd be able to sign him easily.

Quote:
so yeah glenn doresy wold be smart move to metion he can play inside or outside he can start right away next to Pickett
No, drafting Glenn Dorsey would be idiotic. He wouldn't start right away either, Jolly would.

There is no point you could possibly make to say Dorsey makes sense.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Gravedigger42
Rookie

Gravedigger42 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

TT is all about best available and I don't believe he will "reach". I also believe if he trades up it will only be a few spots and only for the right guy. We have to remember that his valuations of players don't always follow convential wisdom. I think that is a good thing personally. I beleive we will most certainly be surprised by a few of his picks but all in all we will end up with a solid class of draftees. Remeber his ML analogy. You don't want to miss out on the next MJ just because it isn't a team need.
Gravedigger42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 09:21 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I know is we need to give Justin Harrell a chance. I would love to see DE with the first pick, but you have to go back to Ted Thompson's days in Seattle, in which he drafted marcus trufant, now a stud. He hasnt drafted a corner in the first round yet, so I have a feeling that is the way he is going to go. I really wouldnt mind if the packers traded up for Leodis McKelvin, which they would have to give up a lot for, but the kid is going to be a stud, he is just so fast. But I wouldnt mind it either if the Packers just stayed put, and got a guy like DRC, who is a little unproven against top quality, but he has got so much potential. I just see a big name coming, one who's name isnt Mike Wahle, who just got signed by Seattle.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
FLORIDA PACKER
Rookie

FLORIDA PACKER hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
D

There is no point you could possibly make to say Dorsey makes sense.
What if he Miraculously fell to Number 30? Point Just made. Game Set and Match!

Seriously though man, Ease up a bit no need to be throwing the insults out if you disagree.
FLORIDA PACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:12 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Alright my take is none of those guys are worth trading up except MAYBE Clady, knowing how we'd have to give up to get one of those other guys!! geez Dorsey will cost us alot of picks this and next draft. No need. If we trade up it should still stay in the 20's to get Talib or another CB that proves himself a good fit.

Now I said that how about the Pack signing Crumpler, you guys opposed to it? Or would except it with open arms? He was just cut today by the Falcons, we have the money and even though he was banged up last year, he is still a treat in the passing game. I like Lee but im also a big Alge fan, and then we can dump Bubba.
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Crumpler from the Falcons would be someone I'd take a look at.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

sure!
Just imagine if we lined up with Driver, Jennings, Jones and Crumpler!