Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2006, 07:13 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Originally Posted by roughrider30
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfan33
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfan33
I'll be at the Game this weekend. My first Packer game ever :D . Can't wait for this game, definitly the most anticipated game i've been to all year. So how much you think we put up on the Vikings?
ya ill be there too. it is also my first packer game. :D ill be going to one later this year too at Lambeau, so that will be sweet. but i am really excited for this game.

Where are you sitting?
Section 209 aka, The nosebleeds. I have season tixs, and there the cheapest one I could get. But aside from being able to touch the roof, there on the 45 yard line. Which is nice.
you guys should come chill with me in my free box i got with food and booze. but u'll have to hurry because i plan on getting kicked out before half time.

Ya im on the upper deck too. im not sure where yet cuz my buddy is the one with the tickets. im assuming that they are nosebleeds too.

Ya that would be sweet where is your box at?
couldnt tell ya right now , my rich friend is taking me and the boz is his. But you should recognize me as the drunk guy wearing a Favre falcons jersey trying to fight anyone in the stadium that isn't wearing grenn n gold.
Thats what I like to hear.

I got your back.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:53 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
Anyway, how about Ahman Green. 122.5 yards from scrimmage per game -- very impressive. He's got 561 rushing yards in 6 games, which prorates to 1309 yards over 14 games. Let's hope he reaches his incentives...

Quote:
It also contains $2.75 million of incentives, as Green will receive $250,000 if he rushes for 750 yards, $500,000 more if he reaches 950 yards, another $500,000 for 1,150 yards, $500,000 more for 1,350 yards and another $500,000 for 1,550 yards
is that quote in ur sig accurate?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:54 PM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

52nd to post in the new discussion thread

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
4pAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:12 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

I'm oposed to talking about the draft but I'm gunna say that the last thing I want is to take a WR in the first round, classic example of why, Jennings and Colston
Old 11-09-2006, 08:18 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
Anyway, how about Ahman Green. 122.5 yards from scrimmage per game -- very impressive. He's got 561 rushing yards in 6 games, which prorates to 1309 yards over 14 games. Let's hope he reaches his incentives...

Quote:
It also contains $2.75 million of incentives, as Green will receive $250,000 if he rushes for 750 yards, $500,000 more if he reaches 950 yards, another $500,000 for 1,150 yards, $500,000 more for 1,350 yards and another $500,000 for 1,550 yards
is that quote in ur sig accurate?
I have no quote in my sig. I'll assume you're talking about the quote on Green's contract and say yes, it is accurate.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:19 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70challenger457
I'm oposed to talking about the draft but I'm gunna say that the last thing I want is to take a WR in the first round, classic example of why, Jennings and Colston
Ya I agree I hate drafting WRs in the first round some other examples are Charles Rodgers, Mike Williams, and Troy Williamson.

I think we can find good value for WRs later on the first day.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 01:25 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70challenger457
Ya I agree I hate drafting WRs in the first round some other examples are Charles Rodgers, Mike Williams, and Troy Williamson.

I think we can find good value for WRs later on the first day.
i concur

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 11-10-2006, 01:44 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

BTW according to the two fatties on the queens D line the packers are "cowards"

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=529353

they get smoked.

Old 11-10-2006, 10:05 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Green said he's been talking with the packers about a contract extension. i wouldn't mind keeping him another year or two with the way he's playing. i assume it'll be nothing big with him at 30.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9785655

Ha, Vic Carucci has Kampman listed as the leagues Def MVP! Personally, I would think Peppers, but it's cool to see Kampman getting some props.

Quote:
Defensive MVP: Aaron Kampman, end, Green Bay. On pace to finish the season with nearly 20 sacks, he is the lone bright spot of the Packers defense. Honorable mention: Julius Peppers, end, Carolina; Julian Peterson, linebacker, Seattle; Rashean Mathis, cornerback, Jacksonville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi

Ha, Vic Carucci has Kampman listed as the leagues Def MVP! Personally, I would think Peppers, but it's cool to see Kampman getting some props.

Quote:
Defensive MVP: Aaron Kampman, end, Green Bay. On pace to finish the season with nearly 20 sacks, he is the lone bright spot of the Packers defense. Honorable mention: Julius Peppers, end, Carolina; Julian Peterson, linebacker, Seattle; Rashean Mathis, cornerback, Jacksonville.
HA! Lone bright spot. :roll: That whole defense is a bright spot.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses
Quote:
What do you guys think Green over/under 100 yards against the Vikes #1 ranked run defense this weekend?

If he has another 100 yard game that has got to show that he is back for sure, and we should really look somewhere esle besides RB in the 1st round this year.
The question with Green isn't talent it's durability. He gets knicked up quite a bit nowadays and there's a lot of tread on his tires. Plus, he's on the wrong side of 30 which is ancient for a full-time running back.
I definitely think a running back is in order for sure on day one, and more than likely in round one or round two. I definitely think an offensive playmaker would be the best choice in round one (WR or RB). Then in the second and third round a defensive back and a RB/WR (whichever wasn't picked in round one) could be selected. That would be the best strategy at this point in the process from my viewpoint.
So not even being 30 is the wrong side of 30? He turns 30 in February, you're the 2nd person I've seen say something like that. The other person called him washed up in a mock draft without even seeing him play and said he was over 30.

Anyways, yeah I think we draft a RB on day one so there's not much of a drop off if Ahman got injured, but, if he keeps playing like this he's gonna get resigned as the #1. He ranks 4th in in rushing yards per game with 93.5 per game, behind only Tiki Barber, LaDainian Tomlinson, and Larry Johnson. That's elite company.

Right now I think RB/WR/CB-S (no specific order) are in the front office plans for day one.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:

Quote:
Just what I was about to say, that pretty much throws his credibility out the window as far as picking him then saying "lone bright spot", it's clear that he's just looking at stats.

Bosanac01
Old 11-11-2006, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Quote:
It's pretty amazing how strong he's came back after rupturing his friggin quad, it happened a year ago in the stadium they play in tomorrow. It's also amazing that if he didn't miss those two games this year (Philly and St. Louis) he'd have a shot at 1500 and would probably will comeback player, and even has a shot right now. And he's only lost a tiny bit of speed since whatever year he was at his fastest. He was actually he a skinny speed burner way back in the day (Nebraska nd early career) but he became a lot stronger.

Bosanac01
Old 11-11-2006, 12:41 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:

Quote:
Dude, there is no way peppers has been better than Kapman this year, Kapman has always been one of the NFL's best against the run when it comes to DE and now put in the fact that he leads the leauge in sacks, I'd say he has been better than Peppers so far this year
Old 11-11-2006, 01:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Just what I was about to say, that pretty much throws his credibility out the window as far as picking him then saying "lone bright spot", it's clear that he's just looking at stats.
So allowing 25 points per game isn't bad?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 02:35 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I wouldn't say our whole defense is a bright spot. Some players have been very dissapointing and some have been pretty good.

All the linebackers and DT's have played pretty well.

Kampman's been great.

KGB has been dissapointing.

Al Harris and Marquand Maunual have been awful this year IMO, they have had way too many blown coverages between them.

Woodson has been great.

Collins has been OK.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I kinda made that look like I agreed with "whole defense is a bright spot" which I don't, but like Javon Favre just stated there's definitely been bright spots. It's the kind of situation where you say there's definitely potential, but what bothers me is that the guy says he's the only bright spot and he obviously just looked at stats like there's only one good player on the team.

Bosanac01
Old 11-11-2006, 06:10 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

I really really hope that jennings can start. it's not going to be good if he dosen't, and it looks like he is a game time decision.

they get smoked.

Old 11-11-2006, 06:50 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

i think rod woodson said it best

Dave Kicks A Fg With 2 Sec Left
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Come on guys the Cowboys got a 7 post lead on us.

Bosanac01
Old 11-11-2006, 07:21 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
maybe we should offer a reward to who ever posts on the packers thread like a free hotdog

what ya think ?
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
Quote:
maybe we should offer a reward to who ever posts on the packers thread like a free hotdog

what ya think ?
Hotdog? We eat Brats, like men.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Positive stat of the day :Last Two Games the Defense is allowing only 201 yards per game.

Bosanac01
Old 11-11-2006, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javon favre
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I wouldn't say our whole defense is a bright spot. Some players have been very dissapointing and some have been pretty good.

All the linebackers and DT's have played pretty well.

Kampman's been great.

KGB has been dissapointing.

Al Harris and Marquand Maunual have been awful this year IMO, they have had way too many blown coverages between them.

Woodson has been great.

Collins has been OK.
yea, I would agree. It's mostly been our secondary that has been bad this year. Woodson has had a few really good games after a poor start, but he's been the lone bright spot in our secondary. Our defensive line is very underrated and I'm not worried about our linebackers as they're all very young and talented and will only get better with experience.

As far as the draft next year I'd like to see RB or S addressed in the first round. LaRon Landry would be a great addition and hopefully get the secondary on track, if not him Marshawn Lynch would be the perfect RB for our offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote