Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I'm not really worried, but he's sure taking a while. I thought he said he was going to decide quickly this year. Last year it was like the first week of February.

Yeah, I was under the impression his decision was going to come awhile ago.

I wouldn't say I'm "worried" he won't return because it's not a big deal to me if he retires or not. I know that sounds odd as a Packer fan, but I'm ready for the Rodgers era to begin.

http://packers.com/news/stories/2008/02/22/3/

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:58 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Turns out Brandt didn't leave us, he was fired.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=721255
Old 02-23-2008, 02:24 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Broncos are trading Ian Gold i wouldnt mind giving up a 5th round pick for him
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:44 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Broncos are trading Ian Gold i wouldnt mind giving up a 5th round pick for him
He really looked bad last year and will be 30 by the time next season starts. That was in Jim Bates' defensive scheme which is what we run. So maybe he just had a bad year, but those are some things to be worried about.

On a side note he is Greg Jennings' cousin.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:42 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Anyone else worried that Favre wont comeback?

I'm not worried, with the sucess we had last year and the talent that we have returning next year I think that he wil take one more shot at winning a Super Bowl.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive read that McCarthy wants to keep Morency around for a little while atleast until camp

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had a moment of temporary excitement watching the combine. The draft order showed Green Bay at #18 (Houston's spot) and at #30. I had to jump online and see who we traded to get that extra mid-round first-round draft pick. Sadly, no mention of a trade, which means that NFL Network just doesn't have their stuff together. Grrr... They're still showing it as GB at #18 right now.

It is also in the ticker that Steelers cut Allen Rossum. I can't say that at his age now that I have all that much interest in him, but I'd like the team to bring him in and see if he has anything left in the tank. I loved Rossum when he was here. If he had anything, he'd be a nice back-up in the return game and even given his size, he was better than our #3, #4 and #5 CBs this year when he was here last, which was in 2001, so who knows what he's like physically now.

Jermichael Finley looked good catching the ball and Martellus Bennett had a decent run in the 40, a 4.69. Dustin Keller blew out a 4.53 40 yard dash and he had 26 reps on the bench. He's a little on the smaller size, but given Lee would be the primary TE, a guy like Keller could come in and be a seam splitting TE and a down field threat for the pass game.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:56 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Texas TE Jermichael Finley indicated at the NFL Combine Thursday that the Packers are heavily interested in him.

"Green Bay's on me real hard," he said. Finley

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...127 41&spln=1
Old 02-24-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With free agency closing in fast do u think the Packers will sign anyone this year? I sure hope we get someone who can help of course at the right price. I don't want anymore Frank Walkers, Aurto Freemans and all the other cheap guys that aren't any good. I want another Woodson like signing, a guy that actually has made a huge impact.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 02-24-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Texas TE Jermichael Finley indicated at the NFL Combine Thursday that the Packers are heavily interested in him.

"Green Bay's on me real hard," he said. Finley

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...127 41&spln=1
Yeah, I already posted that. He's a interesting prospect, but there are a number of TEs the Packers could take a look at in rounds 2-4.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:12 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that Brad Cottam would be a good pick. I know that he is not as athletic as Finley, Davis or Keller but he does move very well for his size. At
6'7 this guy would be a terror in the red zone. Who would be able to cover this guy? I doubt were going to take a TE in the first round which brings me to the conlution that if we do draft a TE they will not be staring and he would probably be avalible in the fourth or fith round.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Brad Cottam and he'd be a good pickup, but I wanted Greg Olsen last year and see Keller as a chance to get a game breaker at the position, rather than another Franks, who was great in the end zone in his youth but never made a safety back up in fear of getting beat deep.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:30 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
I like Brad Cottam and he'd be a good pickup, but I wanted Greg Olsen last year and see Keller as a chance to get a game breaker at the position, rather than another Franks, who was great in the end zone in his youth but never made a safety back up in fear of getting beat deep.
the reason i dont think we will get Brad Cottam is cause he will be gone by mid way 3rd round, i dont see the packer getting him with a 2nd round pick

also im not worried if Favre comes back or not i have alot of faith in Aaron Rodgers
but I would perfer Favre to come back and give Rodgers one more year
Old 02-24-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dream Mock for now
1-Dominique Rodgers Cromartie CB Tenn St
2-Erin Henderson LB Maryland
3-Tommy Blake DE TCU
4-Donald Thomas OG UCONN
5-Mike Hart HB Michigan
7-Kolo Kapanui TE West Texas A&M

First of all, i like what ive seen of DRC so far, i think in a 1-2 years he'll be a solid starter and 1-2 years later a pro bowler. I think Erin Henderson would be a steal at that point, but its possible to get him late in the 2nd. I think he could immediatly push Poppinga for his job. Im really starting to like the idea of getting a replacement for the aging KGB, so if Blake is around in the 3rd lets get him. Proably not an instant starter. Donald Thomas looks like a ZBS OG, but also looks like he may have injury troubles. I have a secret love affair with Mike Hart, jk. But he's a hard worker and will atleast push Jackson, Wynn and Morency. Finally, i think i heard Mayock say Kapanui was a good blocker. Im not sure, but its only the 7th round pick. Now you may ask yourself why didnt i give us a TE earlier. I believe TT sees something in Tory Humphrey that made the release of Bubba an easy decision, well see though.

Not sure if everyone agrees with this but w/e

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its a good mock, i like a lot of the players. For me I would like either aqib talib or DRC in the first, I would like a TE in the 2nd, either finley or bennett, the reason why is because they are both extremely young, and the packers could develop them and still have them be young when they take over after donald lee. In the third i like the tommy blake pick alot, i really want to see how he does in the combine, actually, do any of you guys know what he benched? Im sure he will run great especially after seeing the youtube video of him chasing down a running back. If not tommy blake in the third, then maybe Jeremy Zuttah if he is there. In the fourth, a LB possibly grant out of the ohio state. In the fifth i really like the mike hart pick, ZBS runner, who might be able to teach the packer runners a thing or two. In the seventh an OL preferably someone out of the big ten, like an Iowa or Wisconsin or Michigan lineman if available.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:06 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
I wanted Olsen last year as well, I really like Keller as a receving threat but the one thing I really don't like is that he doesn't block. I don't like one dementional players. Although if thats the only major thing wrong with him his blocking can be improved with work. I would love him as a pick but I think after what he did at the combine he probably moved himself up to the top TE on a lot of people's boards and the cover 2 breaking TEs are hard to come by. So I'm thinking that wont even be around by the time we are on the clock.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 Players I hope we take a look at:

Michael Huff, FS/SS/CB, Raiders. Apparently the Raiders are shopping him for a trade. He's signed for 6 years 43 million so he wouldn't be cheap, but putting him at FS would give our secondary a huge boost. He is great at covering tight ends and very athletic with great instincts. Not the best hands and not very physical. I think our system would really play to his strengths and hide weaknesses.

Javon Kearse, DE, Eagles. Expected to be cut due to salary. Would probably play LE opposite Kampman on most downs. We would likely shift our line around a bit but I think he would really bring our DL to an entire new level. Our pass rush would be deadly. Imagine what our 3rd down pass rush would look like: KGB/Kearse/Williams/Kampman. That is straight up beastly, Giants-esque. Also wouldn't be cheap, probably 5-7 mil a year.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post

Michael Huff, FS/SS/CB, Raiders. Apparently the Raiders are shopping him for a trade. He's signed for 6 years 43 million so he wouldn't be cheap, but putting him at FS would give our secondary a huge boost. He is great at covering tight ends and very athletic with great instincts. Not the best hands and not very physical. I think our system would really play to his strengths and hide weaknesses.

Javon Kearse, DE, Eagles. Expected to be cut due to salary. Would probably play LE opposite Kampman on most downs. We would likely shift our line around a bit but I think he would really bring our DL to an entire new level. Our pass rush would be deadly. Imagine what our 3rd down pass rush would look like: KGB/Kearse/Williams/Kampman. That is straight up beastly, Giants-esque. Also wouldn't be cheap, probably 5-7 mil a year.
Covering the tight end was actually something that Huff struggled with. He'd be a good fit for our FS with what we ask Collins to do though. It doesn't look like he's actually available, and if he is the Raiders are asking for a lot.

No way would Kearse start opposite Kampman. Jenkins would easily keep his job. He's getting cut more because of his performance than his salary. He's no where near "The Freak" that he was in Tennessee. He might be able to get 3 or 4 million because of the high priced market, but he's definitely not worth that much.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Covering the tight end was actually something that Huff struggled with. He'd be a good fit for our FS with what we ask Collins to do though. It doesn't look like he's actually available, and if he is the Raiders are asking for a lot.
I heard he only struggled with that because he played up at the line at SS. Can't say for sure though, I hardly ever watch the raiders.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 02-25-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
I heard he only struggled with that because he played up at the line at SS. Can't say for sure though, I hardly ever watch the raiders.
Well he's a better fit at FS anyways. He'd be a nice upgrade over Collins and would provide the playmaking ability that many want from the safety position. Huff and Bigby would be a nice tandem. I think it's very unlikely we'd trade for him, but I'd welcome it if we did.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Looks like Williamson won't be a Viking for long, and we have 1 less reason to mock them

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 02-25-2008, 11:38 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

hey just read on the jsonline that the Packers could be able to get a second round pick for Williams, if they trade before the draft. That could be real nice for the Packers and really allow us to cover our needs in the first 3 rounds.

the guys i want to see Packers at those needs would be

CB's I'll wait till after there workout but Talib and DRC are my favs.

TE
1)Finley (only a redshirt SO and 20 yrs old) Has the gifts and will be able to take his time and develop and not rushed in.
2)Keller after seeing his combine, hes a solid player all around
3)Cottam, wouldnt mind, he's shockingly athletic for his size.
4)Davis- was my top til i saw his lack of focus and all those drops. Such a threat though for an offense.
5) Carlson but not for the 1st round pick

LB
1 Rivers, very high on him
2 Henderson, like alot but not sure if he could handle SLB
3. Gooden, solid all around, won't blow your mind but will get the job done. still upgrade over poppinga
4. Crable, guys a beast and could be real good or just as easy bust. Has the tools ans def the size to excel at SLB

OG
well if we draft one we are drafting a tackle who can move inside, with that said I like alot of the tackles, its a great class. I like Cousins, think need be able to convert to guard nice with his athleticness
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:59 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

I saw that too I hope it happens. We could come away with a CB, TE, LB who are all very talented with starting potential, especially with the depth this year.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 02-26-2008, 11:40 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I think that aquiring Javon Kearse would be a terrible idea. He was a really good player untill his last knee injury. Since then he doesn't have the speed and explotion that made him a terror on the edge. He was pretty healthy this year and didn't play that much because of preformance and the Eagles love pass rushers and if their not playing him then something is really wrong. We already have Jenkins and KGB, Kearse would be a lot of wasted money for a player with diminishing skills and injury problems. I see little to no upside with adding him to our team.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:47 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Tennessee State CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie ran unofficial 4.28 and 4.34 forties at the NFL Combine Tuesday.

Rodgers-Cromartie's cousin, Antonio, ran in the mid 4.4s at the Combine two years ago, although he posted a 4.36 at the Florida State Pro Day. Still, this is blazing for the 6'2 corner. It could vault DRC all the way to the first round.

I want DRC!!!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher