Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Tennessee State CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie ran unofficial 4.28 and 4.34 forties at the NFL Combine Tuesday.

Rodgers-Cromartie's cousin, Antonio, ran in the mid 4.4s at the Combine two years ago, although he posted a 4.36 at the Florida State Pro Day. Still, this is blazing for the 6'2 corner. It could vault DRC all the way to the first round.

I want DRC!!!
With that 40 time and his performance at the senior bowl, I'd be willing to bet he'll be long gone by pick 30.

Anyways, here is a story about rumors involving Williams as trade bait. http://packerchatters.com/op-ed/view.php?id=4047

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
With that 40 time and his performance at the senior bowl, I'd be willing to bet he'll be long gone by pick 30.

Anyways, here is a story about rumors involving Williams as trade bait. http://packerchatters.com/op-ed/view.php?id=4047

Just going to post that. I think its interesting but I dont think it will happen.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 03:15 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Williams + pick for Huff trade would make me one happy packer fan. It makes sense in pretty much every way I can think of. The only reason I still consider it a long shot is because TT likes draft picks and Al Davis wants a lot out of trades, TT might opt to try to get a mid/late second for Williams rather than give up a 2nd/3rd. I think a 2nd would be high and a 3rd might not be enough. I really hope we work something out though, that trade is literally my dream conclusion to what to do with C Williams.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would see ted look for picks in the draft for Williams over a player. I really don't think Ted would want to trade for Huff and take on his contract as well. I absolutely don't see the Packers giving up a pick as well as a player for Huff and his contract.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

As suspected the packers were not overly interested Wahle.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=721829

they get smoked.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta love the vikings,

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3265157

They are trading their first round player in Troy Williamson, for a reported 6th round pick.

On another note, I hope the Packers dont trade Corey Williams. I mean the guy has said he wants to play in Green Bay, and he has played extremely well for us, and to trade him for michael huff, I would personally want alot in return, ie: a second round pick, or possibly third and fourth picks
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
Gotta love the vikings,

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3265157

They are trading their first round player in Troy Williamson, for a reported 6th round pick.
Actually its a very good deal by the Vikings and there pretty lucky they got anything for him seeing as he cant catch anything.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 02-26-2008, 09:00 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Actually its a very good deal by the Vikings and there pretty lucky they got anything for him seeing as he cant catch anything.
He was a former 7th overall selection and they are going to get a second day pick for him.That sucks any way you look at it.
Sure one could say at leased they got SOMETHING for him... But in the long run it still hurts. Anytime you pick someone in the top 1o and they turn out to be a complete bust it's bad news bears.

they get smoked.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It really could go either way. You can look at it like TT088 and say that they didn't get enough for a former seventh overall pick, but then again its not like he has had any success in Minnesota. The one thing that I'm curious about is if he will actually be able to produce with a pretty good QB, compared to the scrubs he's caught balls from in Minny. Only time will tell (my money is on it being a pretty decent trade for Jacksonville, at least the risk is worth it in my mind).

Last edited by GB12 : 02-26-2008 at 10:11 PM. Reason: "seventh rounder" to "seventh overall pick" ;)
Twiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:23 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
It really could go either way. You can look at it like TT088 and say that they didn't get enough for a former seventh overall pick, but then again its not like he has had any success in Minnesota. The one thing that I'm curious about is if he will actually be able to produce with a pretty good QB, compared to the scrubs he's caught balls from in Minny. Only time will tell (my money is on it being a pretty decent trade for Jacksonville, at least the risk is worth it in my mind).
i personal belive they could have gotten a 5th round pick
not metion its a really low 6th round pick 10 pick from the 7th round
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:26 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
i personal belive they could have gotten a 5th round pick
not metion its a really low 6th round pick 10 pick from the 7th round
While opinions generally can't technically be wrong, but that one is. If they could have gotten a 5th they would have.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
While opinions generally can't technically be wrong, but that one is. If they could have gotten a 5th they would have.

yea i said it wrong, if they could / they would, i mean i thought he was worth a 5th round pick, just thought he was worth more i guessfor it lol
Old 02-27-2008, 02:16 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love that the Vikings gave up on Williamson. I hope they waste another 1st round pick on a WR. Maybe they'll offer Moss $50 million to come back... Hehehe. I'd love to see Moss go from league record TDs, to 4 TDs with Tavaris throwing to him.

Thankfully, TT is SOOOO much better than the clowns with the Vikes.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:07 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
I love that the Vikings gave up on Williamson. I hope they waste another 1st round pick on a WR. Maybe they'll offer Moss $50 million to come back... Hehehe. I'd love to see Moss go from league record TDs, to 4 TDs with Tavaris throwing to him.

Thankfully, TT is SOOOO much better than the clowns with the Vikes.

WOW thats harsh lol
Old 02-27-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

While I'll take Teddy and his staff over anyone in the vikings front office any day, they are actually fairly talented group. Especially their financial guys, they have done a good job with the cap and finding many loopholes for player contracts. Doing a pretty good job rebuilding if you ask me.

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 02-27-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Williamson needs to go train with who ever that Atlanta WR(White) traded with, he improved big time this year, and it could benefit Williamson.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

I fully expect Favre to announce his decision tomorrow. Perhaps Friday at the latest.

they get smoked.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I fully expect Favre to announce his decision tomorrow. Perhaps Friday at the latest.
I heard Packers president talking about how Favre should announce soon or something like that. Why do you think he will, because free agency?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 02-28-2008, 12:12 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I heard Packers president talking about how Favre should announce soon or something like that. Why do you think he will, because free agency?
Yeah. He, and Ted have said that Favre will try to give them the decision so it would be beneficial timing for both parties(From what I have read). Free agency along with a gut feeling says it will be tomorrow.

they get smoked.

Old 02-28-2008, 12:36 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope he announces prior to free agency. I assume he's playing until he's not, but it would be nice to get that announcement out there for FAs that it might make a difference to.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:22 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
I hope he announces prior to free agency. I assume he's playing until he's not, but it would be nice to get that announcement out there for FAs that it might make a difference to.
John Clayton reported today that Favre is probably as close as he's ever been to retiring

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:16 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
John Clayton reported today that Favre is probably as close as he's ever been to retiring
When and where? What the heck does the cryptkeeper know?

I hope nothing.

they get smoked.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the packers.com site put a story up in error stating that Favre was going to announce his retirment. the blurb was up...and caused quite a stir, before the site took it down and stated they have prepared a story every year, and this year they just accidentally posted it on the site. we'll see...
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have just matched the number of free agents we signed last year. Joe Toledo, offensive tackle from the Dolphins, signed a 1 year contract with the Packers this afternoon.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have just matched the number of free agents we signed last year. Joe Toledo, offensive tackle from the Dolphins, signed a 1 year contract with the Packers this afternoon.
To bad he isnt a free agent otherwise we wouldnt be able to sign him until midnight tonight !!! So we are still at 0 :) .

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher