Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In Case you missed it......
Brett Favre Retired!!!!!!

OR NOT!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:36 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
To bad he isnt a free agent otherwise we wouldnt be able to sign him until midnight tonight !!! So we are still at 0 :) .
He was cut so he was free to sign before the actual start of free agency.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Here is the link for Toledo... http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/default.aspx

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was wrong looks like Lord Favre should announce next week.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oft injured 2nd year T/G, former 4th round pick. Can't say I like it but it probably won't matter if he gets cut. Seems like TT wanted to draft him late but his former HC (Saban) got him before he could.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:34 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's everyone's reaction to the rumored deal of the Packers acquiring the Browns' 2nd rounder for Corey Williams??

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Packer_Backer
Rookie

Packer_Backer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
What's everyone's reaction to the rumored deal of the Packers acquiring the Browns' 2nd rounder for Corey Williams??
That's pretty good, though it would be nice to get a higher second. We are pretty good at DT, so if TT can use both to move up or get two good players I am all for it.
Packer_Backer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

I like the move a lot it happens. I'll be rooting for Corey though, he became one of my favorites this year.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Meta4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If true, Good Luck to Corey. Cleveland will be getting a hell of a player.
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
I like the move a lot it happens. I'll be rooting for Corey though, he became one of my favorites this year.
Yeah, I wish him the best. I think we put him in a good situation though. He'll get a big payday like he would have gotten as a free agent now. We also sent him from a team that was a tiebreaker away from the playoffs, so he's not going to go from a contender to a bottom feeder.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a bit disappointed in the deal. I would rather keep Williams this year and try to resign him then get a 2nd for him. Not too bad of a deal though.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im sad, i really began to like him the past 2 years, but im happy we'll be getting a 2nd

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:16 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
I'm a bit disappointed in the deal. I would rather keep Williams this year and try to resign him then get a 2nd for him. Not too bad of a deal though.
I wouldn't have minded keeping him for one year, but I don't think resigning him would be a smart idea. He's going to huge contract and we have guys that can hold his position. I like Jolly more than Williams at this point and the future. As long as he makes a nice recovery as expected we should lock him up long term before the season.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:28 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks like we're really putting our confidence in Justin Harrell. I really like the decision.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Goatboy1717
Rookie

Goatboy1717 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I kinda like the deal. An extra 2nd round pick would be pretty nice and I think Jolly can fill in nice if he is healthy.

Goal Line Blitz
Good football RPG for the off days.
Goatboy1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Yeah, I wish him the best. I think we put him in a good situation though. He'll get a big payday like he would have gotten as a free agent now. We also sent him from a team that was a tiebreaker away from the playoffs, so he's not going to go from a contender to a bottom feeder.
Yeah, and he gets the chance to be a leader for that defense as well and start turning the defense around, and as a "franchise player" he deserves that. Awesome guy in every interview I saw of him. Always talking on the field, pumped the crowd up. It was a special moment when I saw him after the NFC Championship loss (in pictures and in the background on the FOX broadcast) , he spent a few minutes kneeling on the field by himself and cried. That shows how much he cared about Title Town.

I'm gonna be rooting for you Corey!!!

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:33 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Me too. I really liked the guy.... Now if it " officially" goes down. Who do the Packers attempt replace him with?

they get smoked.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was hoping to keep Williams but with our depth at DT i'll gladly take a 2nd rounder for him. As soon as I saw that Tommy Kelley got 50+ million and 18+ guaranteed I knew that there was no way we would be keeping Williams. Oh well, best of luck to him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:44 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Me too. I really liked the guy.... Now if it " officially" goes down. Who do the Packers attempt replace him with?
We resign Colin Cole and go with Pickett/Jolly/Harrell/Cole/Muir.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:48 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I liked Corey alot as well but it was a smart move by TT if this is what he had planned. We could have not franchised him and he could have walked for nothing. We still have Pickett, Harrell, Jolly, Cole, Muir so we are deep. Drafting Harrell kind of pushed Williams out. Anyways it sucks but i like that 2nd round pick instead of letting him walk at some point. And you know he is going 2 be hitting jackpot with that Tommy Kelly signing.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a great player but this was the right thing to do. If this is a second rounder then I think it puts us in prime position to possibly trade up into the earlier parts of the first round where we could get one of the corners. It's really too bad that he couldn't have stuck around, but this is a business after all.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:56 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
We resign Colin Cole and go with Pickett/Jolly/Harrell/Cole/Muir.
Who's going to provide the constant interior pass rush? Jenkins?

they get smoked.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:22 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think TT is already giving us packer fans a hint, that either he likes someone in the first round alot, and will do whatever it takes to get that player, or he likes how deep the draft is. I am beginning to wonder if he really likes one of the runningbacks in the draft ie: mcfadden, Mendenhall, or stewart, because you would have thought by now the packers would have redone ryan grants deal. Dont get me wrong I do not want the packers to trade ryan grant, but could they be shopping him and a bundle of draft picks for one of those top guys?
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:25 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
I think TT is already giving us packer fans a hint, that either he likes someone in the first round alot, and will do whatever it takes to get that player, or he likes how deep the draft is. I am beginning to wonder if he really likes one of the runningbacks in the draft ie: mcfadden, Mendenhall, or stewart, because you would have thought by now the packers would have redone ryan grants deal. Dont get me wrong I do not want the packers to trade ryan grant, but could they be shopping him and a bundle of draft picks for one of those top guys?
Why would you think that? We have him for 2008 and 2009 before his contract has to be extended. I think we'll take care of it before then, but after free agency and the draft. Probably will get to that in training camp or the preseason.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i didnt mean extending his offer, i meant paying him what he is worth. Wouldnt the packers want to get his deal done before free agency and the draft, because then they would know how much they have to shop around for players. Wouldnt it be better for ryan grant as well to have a little security, because him making 400,000 some dollars next season is not what I would call security. Like I said previously, I do not want the packers to trade ryan grant, I am just a little worried about the lack of progress there has been with his contract.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote