Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2008, 11:41 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
i didnt mean extending his offer, i meant paying him what he is worth. Wouldnt the packers want to get his deal done before free agency and the draft, because then they would know how much they have to shop around for players. Wouldnt it be better for ryan grant as well to have a little security, because him making 400,000 some dollars next season is not what I would call security. Like I said previously, I do not want the packers to trade ryan grant, I am just a little worried about the lack of progress there has been with his contract.
Well by paying him what he's worth we have to extend his offer. He is an exclusive rights free agent this year and next year. By signing him to something else that is no longer in affect. I think we should give him a new deal and think we will. It's not that there's a lack of progress just that we havent tried yet. "Wouldnt the packers want to get his deal done before free agency and the draft, because then they would know how much they have to shop around for players." It's actually just the opposite. You wait until after so you know how to structure Grants contract.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:46 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, I am just a little concerned about it all. I wish they wouldnt prolong it though, because i think it would make ryans offseason alot better knowing a deal was set in place. I really like how he runs, he is a perfect fit in our system, because he doesnt dance. It just worries me knowing that there are three stud runningbacks in this years draft, and TT seems to be making some moves this offseason.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:52 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A trade up is still pretty unlikely. Maybe Stewart falls but trading up for a RB is unlikely and any trade up this year would be unlikely since the elite talent is pretty lacking.

Early reports for Corey Williams deal are 6 years, $38mil. Not what stud DT got from Oakland but pretty close, it's obvious we wouldn't pay that for our 3rd or 4th best DT.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 02-29-2008 at 12:14 AM.
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Goatboy1717
Rookie

Goatboy1717 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think they will trade up. They have the pieces now with 2 second rounders and a first so they can package a 2nd and the 1st to trade up. I think TT has really fallen in love with a player. Maybe a LB, CB, or someone else but I wouldnt be surprised to see a trade up.

Goal Line Blitz
Good football RPG for the off days.
Goatboy1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:14 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Corey Smith is coming in for a visit Monday.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:42 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont expect a trade-up considering TT has NEVER done it before. There is a lot of talent in the early rounds and having 3 picks in the first 2 rounds should give us a great draft. I'm hoping we can stay where we are and get a CB in the first, a TE with one of our 2nds, and I'd like an O-lineman but BPA with our other 2nd rounder will be just fine.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:26 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers released Carlyle Holiday

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:43 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Corey Smith is coming in for a visit Monday.
A backup..... I want a Charles Woodson like signing so the player will actually have an impact on this team. As always alot of free agents are getting a ton of money but what do you expect.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:45 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i have a feeling that the player he loves is DRC. Or atleast i hope it is. hahah. The kid looks really good. He is my hope for our pick. Who knows maybe Mcfadden?? LOL 2 seconds and a first.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:47 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
i have a feeling that the player he loves is DRC. Or atleast i hope it is. hahah. The kid looks really good. He is my hope for our pick. Who knows maybe Mcfadden?? LOL 2 seconds and a first.
If he loves DRC he better pull all his picks together and move up. He's a top 20 lock, a very likely top 15, and a 50/50 to go top 10.

I had him at #6 to the Jets in my most recent mock.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Lions defensive end Corey Smith visiting the packers

any one else know of any others players comeing to town?
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
CARDIAC CAT 7
Rookie

CARDIAC CAT 7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think if hes going to trade up in the 1st its for Brandon Flowers, hes some teams #1 CB. His style of play fits perfect with our scheme. DRC is overshadowing Flowers now because he is having great postseason showcases, I hope Flowers keep flying under the radar so we dont have to trade up to far to get him, maybe we wont have to trade up at all. Then we can trade our 2 second round picks to the top of the second to get a more well rounded DE. Maybe some like Quentin Groves, another DE would allow GB to move Kampman around to take advantage of teams worst OT, and allow Cullen Jenkins to play a little more inside to get rid of some pressure on Justin Harrell.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

i dont mind us not upgrading grants contract that much.. what if hes a one year wonder? that could also be what we are waiting out for, with out second second i hope we trade up in the first and nab drc.. ive wanted him since first reading about him when he was going in later rounds in everyones mocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It could be that he's trying to open up the option of taking a safety in the first round. Well, at least it makes sense to me. Who really knows his plan for the draft? All I know is he has a good track-record.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
Let me get this straight,you want to give up three top 60 Ted Thompson draft picks for one first round pick? Ick. I just can't see every Packer fans fascination with this trading up business. IF he made any moves with those two second I'd prefer trading back with one.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i was just throwing it out there. i would prefer that we didnt. as i said DRC is my first choice.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/ar...b-chillar.aspx

Packers interested in SLB Brandon Chillar

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

packerchatters.com

The Packers will have Detroit DE Cory Smith in for a visit. He is a special teams demon and a player that plays with high energy and intensity.

The Packers are trying to get TE Algie Crumpler in for a visit sometime this week. He will meet with the Seahawks this weekend, but he isn't expected to sign a deal until he visits all the teams that are interested in him.

The Packers have some interest in QB's Cleo Lemon and Quinn Gray.

The Packers have some interest in FB Lorenzo Neal.

Some players to keep an eye on because the Packers are "interested" in are TE's Ben Troupe, Bryan Fletcher and Ben Utecht.

The packers are attempting to bring in All Pro special teamer and former Bears LB Brendon Ayanbadejo in the very near future.

Madieu Williams is on the Packers short list of S to try and bring in for a visit.

Finally, in the past years the Packers (and Ted Thompson) have not been as active as most teams, but that wasn't because of lack of effort. The Packers weren't looked upon as a "hot spot" because of their poor record. A lot of players turned down visits because they didn't think the Packers were going to be any good. But with the Packers going 13-3 and playing for the NFC title and with Mike McCarthy looked upon as one of the young, top tier heads coaches, the Packers are a team more players want to go to, the problem is, the FA class is not that deep (or very good) according to a lot of NFL personnel people.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:58 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
packerchatters.com

The Packers will have Detroit DE Cory Smith in for a visit. He is a special teams demon and a player that plays with high energy and intensity.

The Packers are trying to get TE Algie Crumpler in for a visit sometime this week. He will meet with the Seahawks this weekend, but he isn't expected to sign a deal until he visits all the teams that are interested in him.

The Packers have some interest in QB's Cleo Lemon and Quinn Gray.

The Packers have some interest in FB Lorenzo Neal.

Some players to keep an eye on because the Packers are "interested" in are TE's Ben Troupe, Bryan Fletcher and Ben Utecht.

The packers are attempting to bring in All Pro special teamer and former Bears LB Brendon Ayanbadejo in the very near future.

Madieu Williams is on the Packers short list of S to try and bring in for a visit.

Finally, in the past years the Packers (and Ted Thompson) have not been as active as most teams, but that wasn't because of lack of effort. The Packers weren't looked upon as a "hot spot" because of their poor record. A lot of players turned down visits because they didn't think the Packers were going to be any good. But with the Packers going 13-3 and playing for the NFC title and with Mike McCarthy looked upon as one of the young, top tier heads coaches, the Packers are a team more players want to go to, the problem is, the FA class is not that deep (or very good) according to a lot of NFL personnel people.
Ugh, please do not post anything from packerchatters. Terrible website. The Corey Smith rumor is true, we're bringing him in for a visit. The Crumpler rumor is completely false and he didn't even spell his name right. It's Alge not Algie. Cleo Lemon already signed with Jaguars and there's no way we were ever considering him anyway. This guy is just pulling stuff out of his ass. We weren't going to pay $3 million a year for a 3rd string QB. We have zero interest in Neal. Korey Hall and John Kuhn are fine, probably even better than Neal at this point. I don't buy the TE rumors though they're the most believeable he's posted. Ayanbedejo has been talked about before but I doubt we'd have any interest in him. Madieu Williams has been signed by the Vikings already. That was a load of bull, he was just looking at our needs and picked out one of the best available FA safeties. I wouldn't take anything from the last part either. We stayed out of FA because there was no one worth bringing in last year, not because we weren't a "hotspot". Thompson didn't lose out on anyone because of our record.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Broncos | Team interested in T. White
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:04:59 -0800
Mike Klis, of the Denver Post, reports the Denver Broncos are interested in free-agent LB Tracy White (Packers)
I hope we match the offer. I like White a lot.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I hope we match the offer. I like White a lot.
Yeah, I saw that earlier. Who knows? Perhaps teddy is letting White go to sign another Lb to replace him.

they get smoked.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Yeah, I saw that earlier. Who knows? Perhaps teddy is letting White go to sign another Lb to replace him.
I don't know why that would have anything to do with it. White is on the team for his special teams play.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think the packers, if they are not going to trade up in the first, should definetly trade up in the second. I would like to see them have a high second round pick, because that is where a lot of the LB's will be going and we are thin there or possibly pick up a corner if they dont in the first. Then with the low 2nd pick up a TE. I think the packers are set at the oline, unless they decide to draft a tackle. So i think on day one, the packers will draft cb, lb, and te. I would hope that is what we do. For CB-i would like one of the better guys-talib, drc, flowers, or cason at lb- Dan Connor, Erin Henderson, Jerod Mayo, possibly even Shawne Crable, Phillip Wheeler, or Tavares Gooden- I think all of these guys will be drafted in the second round. at te-fred davis, dustin keller, martellus bennett, and jermichael finley
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/ar...b-chillar.aspx

Packers interested in SLB Brandon Chillar
I have a feeling I might be on my own for this one, but I'd love to bring him in. He is similar to Poppinga in quite a few ways, but I like his upside. He's a little better in run support than Brady because he takes better angles and is a bit faster, but Poppinga's pretty good in this area himself. Chillar hasn't been too great when it comes to covering the TE either so that might turn some of you off of him, but he has the tools to become good at it. At the very least he'd provide some real competition for the spot instead of Poppinga just holding off special teamers. If we're going to sign someone noteworthy this offseason he's a prime candidate. I'm surprised the Rams aren't keeping him.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:26 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Brandon Chillar as well. Immediate upgrade over Poppinga IMO.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote