Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I have a feeling I might be on my own for this one, but I'd love to bring him in. He is similar to Poppinga in quite a few ways, but I like his upside. He's a little better in run support than Brady because he takes better angles and is a bit faster, but Poppinga's pretty good in this area himself. Chillar hasn't been too great when it comes to covering the TE either so that might turn some of you off of him, but he has the tools to become good at it. At the very least he'd provide some real competition for the spot instead of Poppinga just holding off special teamers. If we're going to sign someone noteworthy this offseason he's a prime candidate. I'm surprised the Rams aren't keeping him.

i feel he might be one of our only picks lol
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:10 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if any of you saw this, but there's a rumor that the Packers are in talks with the Dolphins to trade their 2nd and 4th round picks for Jason Taylor.

Could be total BS but I've got to admit, I would give much more credence to the Packers Superbowl chances if they get Taylor and Favre comes back.

Taylor and Kampman? Yikes.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:28 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I don't know if any of you saw this, but there's a rumor that the Packers are in talks with the Dolphins to trade their 2nd and 4th round picks for Jason Taylor.

Could be total BS but I've got to admit, I would give much more credence to the Packers Superbowl chances if they get Taylor and Favre comes back.

Taylor and Kampman? Yikes.
I've been adament about or DE position being fine and there isn't any need to upgrade, but getting Jason Taylor would be pretty awesome. That said I don't think that's going to happen. For starters trading away a second and fourth for a 33 year old does not seem like a Thompson move. Second we have KGB who is still pulling in the third highest salary on the team. Jason Taylor would remove the need for KGB's pass rush thus making him a $7 million bench warmer. Unlike Franks who ended up costing us just 1 million against the cap, I don't believe KGB's contract is as cap friendly. Instead of cutting him you'd think we'd try to put him in the deal. Miami could try him as an edge rusher eventhough I don't think he'd be too successful standing up. It should at least lower it to our second rounder instead of Cleveland's. Lastly DE isn't a need. There's no doubt Taylor would upgrade that position, but if Thompson feels the combo of Jenkins and KGB is good enough he'd rather keep the picks to draft in an area of need such as a corner or TE.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:39 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Fox Sports Says Packers Want Former PatriotRoseveltColvin
http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl

wondering how you guys fell about trading our later 2nd round pick for Lito Sheppard

one week away, from when Brett Favre tells us if he comes back or not
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.../80228187/1989

Last edited by The Legend : 03-01-2008 at 01:45 AM.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:41 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude...Jason Taylor would help your secondary so much more than any cornerback you're going to get with a 2nd round pick.

Don't get me wrong, I really hope TT shares that opinion, but I think it's a no-brainer if the deal is real.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:44 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Dude...Jason Taylor would help your secondary so much more than any cornerback you're going to get with a 2nd round pick.

Don't get me wrong, I really hope TT shares that opinion, but I think it's a no-brainer if the deal is real.
I'd be thrilled if it's true, I just have a hard time believing it.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:47 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Fox Sports Says Packers Want Former PatriotRoseveltColvin
http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl

wondering how you guys fell about trading our later 2nd round pick for Lito Sheppard

one week away, from when Brett Favre tells us if he comes back or not
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.../80228187/1989
I think the Eagles are going to look for a little more than that in return. There's no way it'd work though. Sheppard wouldn't accept going from 2 time pro bowler to backup until Harris is done, understandably so.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:00 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I think the Eagles are going to look for a little more than that in return. There's no way it'd work though. Sheppard wouldn't accept going from 2 time pro bowler to backup until Harris is done, understandably so.

well i guess i like the idea of Woodson going 2 safety
Old 03-01-2008, 02:03 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
well i guess i like the idea of Woodson going 2 safety
No way. He had a great year at CB last year, there's absolutely no reason to move him. We have the draft to fill the nickelback position.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:08 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

just wondering is anyone else worried that if we trade for Jason Taylor
he only plays one year then retires? that would really suck, 2nd & 4th for one year
Old 03-01-2008, 06:16 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some guy just posted in the NFL forum that we could potentially trade a 2nd & a 4th for Jason Taylor or DeAngelo Hall. I would rather pick up a CB or maybe two in the draft than trade for Hall or Shepherd as they are unlikely to want to play Nickel, although they are undoubtedly quality players. However, getting Taylor might just push us over the edge a la Reggie White perhaps...
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:31 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

there is no way in the world the falcons will trade D-HALL for 2nd&4th not happeing

jason taylor better chance.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Meta4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I believe Jason Taylor would be the piece that takes our D from good to elite. Imagine having two ends that can get to the quarterback at will. No more double teams on kampman and you could imagine how much this addition would help our secondary. I welcome it if true.
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:14 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

That would be awesome and then we could move Jenkins back inside and make up for the lose of williams, that could be a nasty d-line! Wish we'd get Briggs! That LB core would be insane!
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Meta4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would love to get Briggs if the price were right. Everyone keeps saying hes a "cover 2" linebacker. Lance Briggs is a BEAST! I think hes gonna be a impact LB for years to come.

THE PACK IS BACK!
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta4 View Post
I would love to get Briggs if the price were right. Everyone keeps saying hes a "cover 2" linebacker. Lance Briggs is a BEAST! I think hes gonna be a impact LB for years to come.
Barnett - 6yrs | 35 Million
Hawk - 6yrs | 38 Million

Briggs already said he wants to be the highest paid linebacker 7yrs | 55 Million

thats to much money put to one postion just dont see it happening
Old 03-01-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta4 View Post
No one's saying he's just a cover 2 linebacker. In fact many people think he could play all 3 positions in a 4-3 and both inside positions in a 3-4. The problem is that he's going to want around $8 million a year which is way too much to pay for a guy that's only going to be on the field for two downs.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Barnett - 6yrs | 35 Million
Hawk - 6yrs | 38 Million

Briggs already said he wants to be the highest paid linebacker 7yrs | 55 Million

thats to much money put to one postion just dont see it happening
Ted Thompson has said repeatedly he dosen't care about spending too much money at one position. And we all know the ex-LB is in love with his LBs. However, the reason he's not going to get Briggs is because Briggs is a Will, not a Sam. And that is alot of freaking money to pay a Sam.

Also, that Taylor trade is utter BS. It game from some site called like PackerTV or something. Perhaps it would be a good trade if Taylor weren't a AARP member.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 03-01-2008 at 01:40 PM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Players I really want us to target:
Lito Sheppard- Despite injuries hes better than any CB we have after Woodson and Harris, and is still very young.
DeAngelo Hall- Despite his attitude he like Lito is an instant improvement and brings youth.
Randy Moss- We have a great WR core, but Moss is more incentive for Favre to come back

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:50 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Randy Moss- We have a great WR core, but Moss is more incentive for Favre to come back
Let the specualtion swirl... http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?...o&confirm=true

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

And move Driver or Jenning to #3? Yeah, that's not going to happen.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

I in no way have ever been a Moss advocate. But Jennings,Driver, Moss, Jones, and Robinson would be literally unstoppable. The thing is, Gb has the money to do it too.

they get smoked.

Old 03-01-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
That would make the offense frickin scary!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Players I really want us to target:
Lito Sheppard- Despite injuries hes better than any CB we have after Woodson and Harris, and is still very young.
DeAngelo Hall- Despite his attitude he like Lito is an instant improvement and brings youth.
Maybe Lito Sheppard. I have no interest in Hall and as good as Moss could potentially be, I like the WRs we have and we don't have to break the bank.

I'd rather ID some mid-range guys, maybe Colvin if he's medically cleared, or just stay away from this crop of FAs. Acquiring Taylor would be interesting.

I think the internal improvement will continue and that the Packers do not need to go out of their way on the FA market.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Sign Moss, trade a second and 4th for Jason Taylor, sign Lance Briggs, trade our first, other second, and 5th to move up and take Mike Jenkins, and take a TE in the third and you have the best team of all time.

It's cool to think about, but don't get your hopes up for any big moves.