Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
And move Driver or Jenning to #3? Yeah, that's not going to happen.
We could just go 3WR set all game
Comparing them to NE:
Driver is a bigger more experienced Welker and Jennings is better than Stallworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Yeah i saw that too

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Corey Williams taking a shot at us.
Quote:
"I wanted out of Green Bay and Im glad Cleveland called me," Williams said, with his new coach, Romeo Crennel, flanking him. "I feel like I am wanted here. It feels like home to me and Ive only been here one day. I already feel like I got the love that I have been looking for. Im happy and excited about it."
When a reporter asked why Williams sought exile from Green Bay, Williams declined to give any specific reasons.
Theres a bunch of different reasons and I dont care to talk about it right now," Williams said. "I just wanted out.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's pissed that Jolly took time from him, or maybe that Green Bay is so small. Either way this is a distatsteful thing for him to say

Old 03-01-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Corey Williams taking a shot at us.
I can't help but think he was a little upset at getting franchised after how he has performed over the past two seasons.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Goatboy1717
Rookie

Goatboy1717 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Sign Moss, trade a second and 4th for Jason Taylor, sign Lance Briggs, trade our first, other second, and 5th to move up and take Mike Jenkins, and take a TE in the third and you have the best team of all time.

It's cool to think about, but don't get your hopes up for any big moves.
That would be a scary team. Its too bad that would never happen though.

Goal Line Blitz
Good football RPG for the off days.
Goatboy1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:09 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
We could just go 3WR set all game
Comparing them to NE:
Driver is a bigger more experienced Welker and Jennings is better than Stallworth
I hope you meant Driver is better at playing WR than Welker by a longshot.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I can't help but think he was a little upset at getting franchised after how he has performed over the past two seasons.
What was he expecting though. I think the trade worked out great for the Packers, Browns, and Corey Williams. I understand wanting a contract instead of being franchised, but he should be happy that we let him go to a situation where he could get big money on a successful team. He didn't need to take a shot at us like that especially after saying this not too long ago.

I've had a great ride here. If it comes to an end, one thing I can say when I leave here is that I had a great time. I felt like I was loved here, they cared about us, and hopefully wherever else I end up at, I hope I have the same feeling about them that I had about here in Green Bay."
Old 03-01-2008, 04:15 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I hope you meant Driver is better at playing WR than Welker by a longshot.
pretty much. We just kind of use Welker in the same way. Short passes underneath. He's way more talented than Welker

Old 03-01-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
What was he expecting though. I think the trade worked out great for the Packers, Browns, and Corey Williams. I understand wanting a contract instead of being franchised, but he should be happy that we let him go to a situation where he could get big money on a successful team. He didn't need to take a shot at us like that especially after saying this not too long ago.

I've had a great ride here. If it comes to an end, one thing I can say when I leave here is that I had a great time. I felt like I was loved here, they cared about us, and hopefully wherever else I end up at, I hope I have the same feeling about them that I had about here in Green Bay."
Well, did he say that before or after being franchised? Because if a guy thinks he is worth the kind of money the Raiders paid Kelly, and the Packers stopped him from hitting the open market, I think he'd be a little bitter. Bitter enough to speak poorly about the management in GB.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Williams is such a two faced *****. He was just saying couple weeks ago he wanted to retire in GB.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure he did for 25 million in bonuses. irish is correct. The Packers prevented Jenkins from likely getting another 6-7 million dollars because they wanted a 2nd round pick. It was a smart move by them, but it was cold-blooded and I don't blame him at all for being pissed. Also don't blame Briggs or any other franchised player for being pissed. That's the way it goes.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You mean Williams?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah that guy.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Well i think it is good that we got rid of him then. if he did not want to be here. and we traded him, then i guess we did not want him here either.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

He's just saying that cause he's being welcomed with a press conference, a starting role and a 38 million dollar deal. Of course he feels at home there. Play on a 1 year deal for 6 million or a 6 year deal for 38 million. He will still love it here, he's just loving where he's at right now a lot more.
-------

On the Moss subject:

Adam Schefter and and NFL Network are basically going all out talking this story up. Little has been said about Moss to any teams so far. If they got this one right they'd look like geniuses because ESPN is hardly even talking about it. As of right now I'm all for it, but I feel it's a story being talked up by Schefter and his people. But it does make sense. Acquiring Randy Moss would put us as clearly the favorite in the NFC. He would destroy the secondaries in the NFC North. We've got teams like Indy, Dallas, Jacksonville on our schedule next year so it will be a little tougher. I'd go so far as to the say we'd be the favorites for the Super Bowl.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

with rumors of shockey on the trade block. would you want the packers to trade for him???
Old 03-01-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
with rumors of shockey on the trade block. would you want the packers to trade for him???
no way....he's injury proned and a cancer in the locker room...a me first type player

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

thats what i was thinking also. but so was randy moss till he went to NE.and i am aware of that he was only there a year. also it seems that the media in NY dont really like him too much. maybe going to a place where there is not so much media attention might do him some good.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
thats what i was thinking also. but so was randy moss till he went to NE.and i am aware of that he was only there a year. also it seems that the media in NY dont really like him too much. maybe going to a place where there is not so much media attention might do him some good.
Could be true but I'd rather take a risk on a guy who is the best at his position when healthy and motivated, Moss, instead of a guy who is above average when the same scenario is present and is still an annoyance, Jeremy.

Old 03-01-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

i agree. so where do you think he will end up, if he ends up getting moved of course.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
i agree. so where do you think he will end up, if he ends up getting moved of course.
The Saints seem like the mostly likely suitors but I could see a team like Seattle jumping in there

Old 03-01-2008, 06:54 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

i could honestly see the queens jump in. they need a safety valve for their QB
Old 03-01-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

have we even resigned anyone yet?
more specifically colin cole. I think he is essential to keep now that corey is gone

Last edited by neko4 : 03-01-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
i could honestly see the queens jump in. they need a safety valve for their QB
yeah you never know with them....they've spent quite a bit already in free agency and they don't seem to like to move draft picks easily. If they were to trade their picks I would suggest going after a capable QB.

Old 03-01-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

from what i see we have not resigned anyone.

maybe the queens will go into the draft looking for another QB.