Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
from what i see we have not resigned anyone.

maybe the queens will go into the draft looking for another QB.
i hope they draft a QB in the first, that way they dont get a stud DE, or WR or something like that. Its less likely that a rookie QB has an impact than a DE

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i think they would give a strong look at brohm. as much as the draft experts say brohm is falling i find that hard to believe. but i could also see woodson to the queens.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:53 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, thread in the NFL board has a link to the story. Looks the Dolphins are "officially" trying to trade Taylor, so I guess I have to take the rumors more seriously now.

I think a 2nd and 4th would be too much to give up for a 34 year old DE whose focus right now is ballroom dancing, but if we could get him for a 3rd and 4th I'd jump on it. 2nd and 4th is still a little too steep for me right now.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:56 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also, couple stories here on the Williams trade.
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/default.aspx

Looks like he was very upset at getting franchised and really wanted out. I loved the trade before but finding out that we got a 2nd rounder for an upset player at possibly our deepest position makes me even happier
Old 03-01-2008, 07:56 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

from ROTOWORLD

Yahoo! Sports reports that Jason Taylor and the Dolphins have "decided to part ways" this offseason.
Taylor has left the Miami area to prepare for Dancing with the Stars, and both sides have agreed to a trade is for the best. There were rumors about Green Bay's interest Saturday, although that has proven premature. Miami can probably pick up a couple of solid draft picks for Taylor, 33.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:07 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
also, couple stories here on the Williams trade.
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/default.aspx

Looks like he was very upset at getting franchised and really wanted out. I loved the trade before but finding out that we got a 2nd rounder for an upset player at possibly our deepest position makes me even happier
i can see why he wanted out. I guess the tag really does piss guys off. Also come on TT, reel in Taylor and Moss and then draft DRC and get Favre to come back. Make my offseason dream come true

I think a 2nd and 2nd in 09 would be good to get taylor. looking at the guy, he maybe 33, but he looks 28

Old 03-01-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

i would cry for joy if that all happened
Old 03-01-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
i can see why he wanted out. I guess the tag really does piss guys off. Also come on TT, reel in Taylor and Moss and then draft DRC and get Favre to come back. Make my offseason dream come true

I think a 2nd and 2nd in 09 would be good to get taylor. looking at the guy, he maybe 33, but he looks 28
yeah the more i think of it the more i wouldnt mind it. I dont like giving up a 2nd for a guy as old as Taylor but he's shown no signs of slowing down and essentially we'd be trading Corey Williams and a 4th for Jason Taylor and I cant disagree with that.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:13 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i would cry for joy if that all happened
ofcourse this is just a dream though. i wish someone would start a new forum mock w/ FA, this time of the year makes me wanna get involved

Old 03-01-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are the thoughts around here on a possible trade for Jason Taylor? I'm all for it given its the 2nd and 5th round picks like the rumor stated. It could possibly put us over the top.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

with our rotation at ends with the addition of Taylor. we would be so sick. At any time we could have Jenkins, KGB, Taylor and Kampman on the field. that is going to be awesome
Old 03-01-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Taylor
Kampman
Jenkins
KGB
Pickett
Jolly
Cole
Harrell

Can you say legendary Dline?

Old 03-01-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
What are the thoughts around here on a possible trade for Jason Taylor? I'm all for it given its the 2nd and 5th round picks like the rumor stated. It could possibly put us over the top.
i was initially skeptical but it would greatly improve our d-line, allow Jenkins to play exclusively at DT, and couldnt hurt our chances of getting Favre back. Cant really argue with that...
Old 03-01-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

Quote:
with our rotation at ends with the addition of Taylor. we would be so sick. At any time we could have Jenkins, KGB, Taylor and Kampman on the field. that is going to be awesome
yeah i dont like moving kampman inside on pass downs cuz i think he's better than KGB as a pass rusher and am not thrilled about that line against a draw but that probably would be our best collective pass rush and would be an unbelievable one at that.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

i so far have not heard anyone who has been against it. to add one of the better DE's in the league for practically a 4th round pick. now if we could only land moss we would be set for a Superbowl appearence
Old 03-01-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

i was just saying that at anytime we could have two of those four on the field at any time
Old 03-01-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

a better pass rush, means better CB play, better LB coverage and better S play too. just look at the Giants. That secondary is average without the great pass rush. A great pass rush disguises weaknesses in the secondary. And our secondary doesnt have that many weaknesses to begin with

Old 03-01-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

and throw in DRC in there for our back up. man our D would be so sick.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
and throw in DRC in there for our back up. man our D would be so sick.
Lets be realistic here, that would definitely require us to trade up. A lot. Although I don't mind dreaming about it every now and then.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:30 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

i was only dreaming. i wish he would fall to us. but i know that is highly unlikely. but at the same time no one thought brady quinn would fall as far as he did last year
Old 03-01-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Alright so dream offseason:
A, trade CLE's pick and a 4th/5th to MIA for Taylor
B, trade 2nd and 1st to team with higher pick so we can get DRC
C, sign Randy Moss
D, trade down from 3rd to 4th and get another 4th

Old 03-01-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

i can live with that, but it is highly unlikely
Old 03-01-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Quote:
i was only dreaming. i wish he would fall to us. but i know that is highly unlikely. but at the same time no one thought brady quinn would fall as far as he did last year
Good to know. With Quinn, I think that might be a different kind of fall since I think it had more to do with a lack of teams needing QB's than his talent. CB's with his athleticism are hard to come by and they have more use with as many as 3 good corners coming in use on defense, compared to one QB.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can feel something big is gonna happen atleast I hope so...... Guys keep bringing up Moss, Taylor, DRC getting me all excited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope we get atleast one of them!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I can feel something big is gonna happen atleast I hope so...... Guys keep bringing up Moss, Taylor, DRC getting me all excited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope we get atleast one of them!
You forgot Favre comes back :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote