Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2008, 09:52 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

id be willing to throw 15 million for one year.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Well we always give money up front so assuming his production dropped off due to age:

4 years $40 million. $18 million guaranteed. 2008: $12 million, 2009: $11 million, 2010: $10 million, 2011: $7 million. Base salary of $5.5 million.

Hey Randy, whaddya think?

Wow I could even sign players

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little article with some FA info at the bottom
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...pe=team_report

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:49 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

so basically all it said was that we are going to go after a backup QB. and maybe a LB
Old 03-02-2008, 04:48 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
could you imagine moss, driver, jennings, and jones in a four wide. OMG i think i would bust a nut if i saw that.
I hate Moss, but i think I just bust one thinking about it.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:01 AM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Meta4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Here we go again.....We all know TT is not gonna go out and pay moss a ridiculous amount of money when we really dont need him. Our offense finished second in the NFL last year. Jennings has turned into a big time playmaker and lets not forget about driver. James Jones has shown flashes and should get better with another off season to prepare. Ruvell and Koren are excellent backups. If anything I think we should go after Jason Taylor. He would put our D over the top. Dont get me wrong if we got moss our offense would be just as dominant as the pats were this year. But we have to be realistic here, If TT didnt like him last year what makes you think he would take him this year? Sure he had a great season but that wasnt the problem TT had with moss. We all know he can play but will he fit in with the team chemistry is the question. We have a great group of guys right now and I really dont think TT would jeprodize that in any way. Our Problem isnt on Offense. We need to solidify the D and I really think Jason Taylor could be that missing piece.

THE PACK IS BACK!

Last edited by Meta4 : 03-02-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bill Parcells has said that Jason Taylor will not be leaving Miami, barring retirement. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3273442

If I were TT, I would still make an offer though, you never know what might happen and I think that Taylor would make our defense scary.
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:27 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one's expecting Moss but everyone wants him because the last team that picked him up won 18 games in a row. He'd fit in our offense even better than New England's: Favre has as good or better a deep ball than Brady, Driver is way better than Stallworth and Jennings is like Wes Welker but way better.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ad.php?t=18909

That is hard to read...The Corey Williams trade was a steal. Marcus Stroud and Rogers didn't get that high of a pick. We traded away a guy that didn't want to play in GB from our deepest position, and we weren't gonna give him a contract anyway. He didn't even fit what we wanted out of a DT.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:07 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

as more and more D line trades happen. the Williams trade keeps looking better and better
Old 03-02-2008, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
No one's expecting Moss but everyone wants him because the last team that picked him up won 18 games in a row. He'd fit in our offense even better than New England's: Favre has as good or better a deep ball than Brady, Driver is way better than Stallworth and Jennings is like Wes Welker but way better.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ad.php?t=18909

That is hard to read...The Corey Williams trade was a steal. Marcus Stroud and Rogers didn't get that high of a pick. We traded away a guy that didn't want to play in GB from our deepest position, and we weren't gonna give him a contract anyway. He didn't even fit what we wanted out of a DT.
The only problem with 18 in a row is...They didnt make it 19. If you dont win the super bowl then that season really doesnt matter. I'll take a 10-6 record with a super bowl win anyday over a 18-0 record.

By the way that is very hard to read. Pointless if you ask me. In all reality we got a great deal on a player thats not even a full time starter. Dont get me wrong I really liked Corey but I would take that deal anyday.

THE PACK IS BACK!
Old 03-02-2008, 11:14 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

i think we would be stupid not to take the deal
Old 03-02-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it makes sense to knock Randy because NE lost the superbowl. My point was that they signed him as a free agent and instantly had one of the best offenses ever.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:39 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

im for taking Randy if it is a reasonable deal. I really dont want to get screwed by a long term deal that is back loaded
Old 03-02-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
im for taking Randy if it is a reasonable deal. I really dont want to get screwed by a long term deal that is back loaded
I think if we would end up signing Randy it would be reasonable anyways. TT isn't going to shell out more money than necessary to bring in a FA even if it is Randy Moss. Granted, it would take a lot of money to get him to sign, but I'm talking about paying much more than what he is worth, which TT won't do.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:51 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

so it is not a total pipe drea, from Rotoworld:

NFL.com's Adam Schefter speculates that the Packers might pursue free agent Randy Moss as a way of getting Brett Favre to put off retirement.
During Super Bowl week, Moss called out the Packers for pursuing him disrespectfully last offseason, so he'd have some fence mending to do if he signs with Green Bay. However, this would be a move that Favre certainly would support. It's definitely worth a shot for the Packers.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I don't think it makes sense to knock Randy because NE lost the superbowl. My point was that they signed him as a free agent and instantly had one of the best offenses ever.
Im not bashing Moss at all. Hes a hell of a talent. All im saying is if TT didnt want him last year why would he possibly want him this year. His skill was never in question. Its the dynamics of the locker room that he was worried about. Hell if Ted wants to get randy more power to him. I cant say that I would be upset.

THE PACK IS BACK!
Old 03-02-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

I think we will go for him. Right now it seems that the packers #1 priority is to get brett back. or at least that is what i get out of the situation. so what would be better to bring him back than getting Randy moss in GB. The biggest target in the game.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Goatboy1717
Rookie

Goatboy1717 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

According to Adam Schefter, Randy Moss and the Patriots are close to a deal so it looks like we probably wont get him.

Goal Line Blitz
Good football RPG for the off days.
Goatboy1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dang, and Taylor is probably staying in Miami

Old 03-02-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Goatboy1717
Rookie

Goatboy1717 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...E?OpenDocument

Quote:
Meanwhile, it looks as if the Rams are about to lose strongside linebacker Brandon Chillar in free agency. According to league sources, Chillar is scheduled to visit Arizona on Monday, and the Cardinals are expected to make a strong bid to sign him on the spot.

If he somehow gets out of Arizona without a contract, Green Bay wants him to visit. Chillar has been a starter the past two years in St. Louis, registering a career-high 85 tackles in 2007.
There could be another free agent target out of reach.

Goal Line Blitz
Good football RPG for the off days.
Goatboy1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

so no Moss no Taylor, seems like we wont be getting any big names

Packers Free Agent

Detroit DE Cory Smith
Bears LB Brendon Ayanbadejo
Rams LB Brandon Chillar

would be nice picks ups
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Jake Scott the OG from Indy would be nice
Maybe Ty Law, he is a good short term plan

Old 03-02-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Corey Smith isnt supposed to vist until Tuesday and theres a unnamed team he is visiting tomorrow. I think its going to be another quiet offseason but we really dont have alot of needs we need to address. We would probably just be better getting guys in the draft.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

yes, but right now Minny is making so many moves and their so close to us it feels

Old 03-02-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
yes, but right now Minny is making so many moves and their so close to us it feels
Tavaris Jackson is still their QB and that'll be the main factor keeping the Packers ahead of the Vikes

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote