Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Minnesota still can't touch us unless they have a real good draft. Williams and Berrian are nothing more than "above average to good" type of players until they prove otherwise.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
NAVY
Veteran

NAVY hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post
Bill Parcells has said that Jason Taylor will not be leaving Miami, barring retirement. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3273442

If I were TT, I would still make an offer though, you never know what might happen and I think that Taylor would make our defense scary.
Yes, parcells did say that. But if you were going to let a player go prior to the draft (2months away) would you want people to know that? Or would you rather them think that taylor was available for a trade only?
Old 03-02-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys I'm trying to get a mock FA/ Draft goin and Teams are astill open

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ad.php?t=18848

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

cheesehead10790 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anbody else amused by espnews saying Favre is pushing the FO to go after Randy Moss and it can effect his choice on the future..?

^tek
cheesehead10790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:00 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead10790 View Post
Anbody else amused by espnews saying Favre is pushing the FO to go after Randy Moss and it can effect his choice on the future..?
Yeah, it's ESPN trying to create drama.

In other news... TT looking into Boss Bailey.

Quote:
The Green Bay Packers have made initial contact with Detroit Lions free-agent linebacker Boss Bailey but they don't have a visit scheduled and aren't in a big hurry to address their linebacker position.

Quote:
Agent Jack Reale said Sunday that there was contact made between the two sides but he wouldn't characterize the degree of interest the Packers had at this point. Bailey joins St. Louis' Brandon Chillar as linebackers the club has expressed interest in since free agency began Thursday night.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=723915

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Chillar >> Boss Bailey

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:10 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

rumor is we are going after Boss Bailey. Sounds like a good pick up if he can stay healthy
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:27 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
rumor is we are going after Boss Bailey. Sounds like a good pick up if he can stay healthy
You really should read before you post....

As for Chiller>Bailey, I really doubt he makes it outta the desert. Bailey will prob sign with Denver too.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:49 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

man we are really striking out on FA it seems. sorry i am half awake and i can not get this ringing sound out of my head. i was at a concert all night
Old 03-03-2008, 06:16 AM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Meta4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would really like to bring Chillar in for a visit, I prefer him over Boss. Either way we need to bring someone in to push Poppinga.

THE PACK IS BACK!

Last edited by Meta4 : 03-03-2008 at 07:04 AM.
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:36 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dunno why Chillar would be so quick to sign with Arizona, they suck and we don't

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:53 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Dunno why Chillar would be so quick to sign with Arizona, they suck and we don't
I do....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hkjkTe5kZE

they get smoked.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:25 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
thats a great song lol
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I predict the Green Bay Packers will sign DE Corey Smith from the Lions tomorrow.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I predict the Green Bay Packers will sign DE Corey Smith from the Lions tomorrow.
If we do that's fine....I'm not as upset as I was last year with us having very little activity because looking at the contracts that players are getting this year the Packers are being smart by not over spending. Just because you have the space doesn't mean you should use it up for the sake of making a move. 3 picks on Day One should fill the holes that the free agents have not been able to.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

i have been thinking about this more and more. lets say favre retires. how much cap would we have???
Old 03-03-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos;jsessionid...000d5d807034c3

This video talks about the packers being a free agency loser. I agree with what princefielder28 says. Im glad they didnt pay decent not great players to ridiculous contracts.

I dont think adam schefter knows the green bay packers, and why does he think that with randy moss the packers will be so much better?

I'm starting to think we are going to have a new starting quarterback next year, and I am actually fine with that.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

i think it is better to not go out and buy a bunch of free agents like the jets, formerly the Redskins, but rather sit back and watch our kids grow and sign the ones we need to keep to long term deals and let the one we do not need go, and replace them with new younger guys. so i am beginning to think letting Randy Moss go was a good thing. Lets see what Jennings can do in his second full year as a starter.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i have been thinking about this more and more. lets say favre retires. how much cap would we have???
I would guess off the top of my head around 30-35 Mil? I could be wrong, but I'm too lazy to look it up. If i remember correctly after the Williams trade the packers are sitting around 23 mil... add another 10 or 11 mil to that.

Edit- After looking into it a little bit it seems the Packers would be close to 37 million under the cap if Favre retired...

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 03-04-2008 at 12:23 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:09 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

LOL so basically we could pay for the Florida marlins with our cap space, if Favre retires.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
LOL so basically we could pay for the Florida marlins with our cap space, if Favre retires.
Maybe. I'm not so sure that's completely correct... I'll work it out later tonight when I have the time. I'm sure it would be relatively close though.

they get smoked.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want us to sign one well-known OG who fits the ZBS

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

ive been thinking. i have heard some people say that this is not a top heavy draft class, but it is rather deep. I have been looking over, players and positions. i am starting to think that we are going to trade back from our pick in round one for either more picks or a high pick next year. TT likes to stock pile picks and i think this is the draft to do it. we really do not have alot of needs or glaring holes like other teams. and we do have the extra 2nd rounder. i think TT is going to shop this first rounder out and see what he can get. just throwing it out there.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:01 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
http://www.nfl.com/videos;jsessionid...000d5d807034c3

This video talks about the packers being a free agency loser. I agree with what princefielder28 says. Im glad they didnt pay decent not great players to ridiculous contracts.

I dont think adam schefter knows the green bay packers, and why does he think that with randy moss the packers will be so much better?

I'm starting to think we are going to have a new starting quarterback next year, and I am actually fine with that.
Rod Woodson nailed that point about Moss being an outlet for Favre to do whatever the hell he wants and make stupid decisions if they'd have signed him. This is why you don't let players run your franchise.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

The Packers and Jaguars have reportedly shown interest in free agent LB Brendon Ayanbadejo.
Neither has set up a meeting with him or has an open spot at linebacker.
Source: Chicago Tribune

As reported, but now confirmed.

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 03-04-2008 at 12:21 AM.