Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2008, 01:25 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

would we want him at LB??? i know he wants to be the highest paid special teamer in the league.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Goatboy1717
Rookie

Goatboy1717 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
ive been thinking. i have heard some people say that this is not a top heavy draft class, but it is rather deep. I have been looking over, players and positions. i am starting to think that we are going to trade back from our pick in round one for either more picks or a high pick next year. TT likes to stock pile picks and i think this is the draft to do it. we really do not have alot of needs or glaring holes like other teams. and we do have the extra 2nd rounder. i think TT is going to shop this first rounder out and see what he can get. just throwing it out there.
Earlier I was pretty convinced that they might trade UP but now Im starting to lean this way. This is a pretty deep draft class and TT knows how to find those late round sleepers so it wouldnt surprise me. Maybe a team looking to trade into the bottom of the first to pick up a QB like Flacco, Henne, or Brohm might be the possible suitors.

Goal Line Blitz
Good football RPG for the off days.
Goatboy1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:29 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

thats what i was thinking. We have something that we really dont need to badly. get some extra picks. stockpile talent. or get another first for it if we can. and then have two first rounders next year, to trade up with or stock pile talent with next year.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:57 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think even if the packers got a another second rounder and lets say a fourth that would be okay. Three second round picks would be almost the same as what the packers have now, with a late first and two seconds. There is so much value in the second round. There will still be decent corners, (cason, possibly flowers, patrick lee) All the Lbs for the most part will be there. All of the TE's will be there unless Fred Davis has a ridiculous pro day and vaults himself into the first round. A long story short: there will be a lot of good players there. So I think it is a strong possibility, and if Brett doesnt come back, that the packers will be looking to trade down.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:00 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the team TT has assembled, I am hoping he does not trade down. I would prefer he stand pat, or maybe move up in the third round, considering we should be having a compensatory pick (I am guessing a fifth rounder) and he could use the regular fifth to move up. With players that are very solid at "need" positions, I don't think TT has to move up in R1 or R2. He could get a CB, LB and TE in R1/R2, then see what SS is available R3. He might need to move up higher to get a specific player, like Josh Barret, otherwise he can pick BPA at areas that need depth. This team went to the NFC Championship and does not need another 10 rookies to build the depth. They need 5 to 8 new players to give competition at weak spots and build depth at the others. Why trade down when you are really only looking for a player to challnge at DE for a backup spot, an OLB to challenge B-Pop, a healthy MLB to back up Barnett if Bishop and Hodge are not going to be ready, two CBs that will be there for depth, and a S to challenge to start or be a solid backup. That's 6 on defense. On offense there's a need for backup TE, maybe even two, though if they keep two FBs, probably not, maybe a backup RB to challenge Morency, though the Packers gave him a tender, and then someone to challenge at OG, which I don't know how many rookies we would be able to get that would do that for this upcoming season. That's 3 on offense, 9 total. If the Packers bring in a DE and an OLB FA at a reasonable price, particularly if they are good special teamers, then that would be only 7 players to push for those roster spots. Why trade down to fill those?

If Brett didn't come back, I would say there would be more of an argument to possibly trade up and get a quality backup QB, as Rodgers has not proven to be the ironman Brett is.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:55 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is little need to trade down for extra picks as we have no where near as many needs as we did in the past few seasons. We are in a very nice position at the moment.

However, I could see us trading out of the first for a package that involved an 09 1st, provided all the premier CB prospects had gone. I agree with Goatboy, I could see someone wanted our pick to snare Brohm or Flacco.
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brett Favre is retiring.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3276034

Thanks for the memories Brett, its gonna be strange not seeing him on the field every Sunday. He's been our QB since I started following football and that probably goes for a few other people on these boards too.

Puts a totally new outlook on next year.
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:53 AM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post
Brett Favre is retiring.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3276034

Thanks for the memories Brett, its gonna be strange not seeing him on the field every Sunday. He's been our QB since I started following football and that probably goes for a few other people on these boards too.

Puts a totally new outlook on next year.
Pretty much the worst news for any Packers fan to hear. It's going to be weird not watching him anymore.

All I can do is support Rodgers as he takes over the offense and remember the good times that Brett gave us.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:57 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

i dont know about you guys but i felt like this was going to happen, ill miss him
im worried about the running game as it going to be very important Colledge "STEP UP"
where gonna ride Grant big time
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Unhappy

Well hell. Words fail.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this is in fact true, it's one of the saddest days of my life. One more year Brett!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:30 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

we should sign a qb maybe

Daunte Culpepper
David Carr
Byron Leftwich

all big arm QB's lol
Old 03-04-2008, 10:30 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Today is a sad day in Packer history. Brett has been playing quarterback for the Packers since I can remember, it's very hard to see him walk away from the game especialy after the season that he and the team had last year.

Now it's time for Aaron Rodgers to show that he is the guy and not just a backup. I think that he will do very well
Old 03-04-2008, 10:57 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Rodgers. I hope we bring in Leftwich as a backup.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:36 AM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Ughh, its a sad sad day, he is really the only QB in GB that i have ever really watched. I mean i saw Don a little bit but i was like 5. Its going to be weird like someone said earlier.

Now if DRC or Talib are not there in the 1st, why not trade down? 3 2nd picks plus maybe an extra 4th. 6 picks between the 2-4 rounds could build great depth with the deep draft class:

2nd round
CB Flowers, Cason, Lee
OLB Henderson, Gooden maybe Crable (great SLB canidate he's a beast)
TE Keller, Bennett,
O-line Rachal, Cousins( could easily move to guard, like him alot)

3rd
take one of those 4 positions you didn't cover in the 2nd

4th
RB
CB/S
WR
IDK you would have 2 so whatever other position TT would want to load up on
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

if Reggie Smith is there i hope he dont trade down
Old 03-04-2008, 11:41 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as a backup QB, i know he sucks but mccarthy has made him great at one time, can probably still make a decent backup out of him...

aaron brooks??
Old 03-04-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is very disappointing. I am wondering if they knew this last week when they put the web-site up.

A friend of mine is hoping he will announce his retirement for AFTER the 2008 season and this will be his last hurrah.

I donít know. The way the web-site looks set up is that he will not be back next year.

The Rodgers era is going to begin, and I wonder if Brett waited until there was a good team for the new QB to play with so that his career would not be trashed like so many of the QBs that follow legends. Look at the guys who came after Aikman, Marino and Young. They had terrible times as the organizations did not have a lot of playmakers around them. When Joe Montana left SF, there was still a very good team for Young to play with and he took them to the SB. Maybe Brett decided that Rodgers will have a good receiving corp, a good defense, a solid line and a decent RB, so now it is up to Rodgers to make his name and will not be playing in Brettís shadow with a team like Brett had two years ago that was terrible.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:21 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

This is a shock to me, but after hearing the reasons he gave, I really do understand. The grind of a NFL is something we will never know about and to do it every year for 17 season has got to be draining. Brett Favre will lose records to Peyton and Brady, but he had the whole package, a personality that matched his game. We will never see a player like Brett again. I'm only 22, I'm just glad to have seen play for this long.

As for the teams future, I really believe that Aaron can lead this team. He has had a chance to sit and watch and more importantly, learn the playbook. We as fans need to understand that Brett will not come back, we need to support Aaron, TT, and MM in helping this team move on.

ESPN is pushing the Randy Moss thing, but really, i don't think that's the factor.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm obviously sad to see him retire, but I'm not surprised or dissapointed really. I'm excited to see Rodgers finally get his chance.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
That is very disappointing. I am wondering if they knew this last week when they put the web-site up.

A friend of mine is hoping he will announce his retirement for AFTER the 2008 season and this will be his last hurrah.

I donít know. The way the web-site looks set up is that he will not be back next year.

The Rodgers era is going to begin, and I wonder if Brett waited until there was a good team for the new QB to play with so that his career would not be trashed like so many of the QBs that follow legends. Look at the guys who came after Aikman, Marino and Young. They had terrible times as the organizations did not have a lot of playmakers around them. When Joe Montana left SF, there was still a very good team for Young to play with and he took them to the SB. Maybe Brett decided that Rodgers will have a good receiving corp, a good defense, a solid line and a decent RB, so now it is up to Rodgers to make his name and will not be playing in Brettís shadow with a team like Brett had two years ago that was terrible.
Come on now....do you really think Favre gave a rat's ass about Aaron Rodgers? I think he either:

a) got tired of training
b) didn't think that the FO really wanted him back (that's what his agent said, and I've been thinking that since 2005)
c) didn't think they were realistic enough Superbowl contendors to give it another year.

Anyway, I posted it in the other thread, but I think it's so fantastic I'm putting it here too.

I don't know if he'd be willing to come in just to be an insurance policy to Rodgers, and it's really not fair to ask Rodgers to compete for the job against another veteran, but it makes a lot of sense and the Pack could still win with the ol' Snake.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:47 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sad pack fans...favre retired, just heard about it. I may be a big vikings fan, but i had a ton of respect for the guy. hope aaron rodgers can fill those shoes

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:49 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
hope aaron rodgers can fill those shoes
No you don't.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
No you don't.
Haha....this is a joyous day in for other teams in the North Dvision because it means that the Packers have fallen back to the pack a little bit and the other teams, mainly Minnesota, have a chance at the division.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

no offence but let be real no one can fill Favre shoes