Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

From Rotoworld:

The Packers expect to extend a contract offer to Brandon Chillar in the next few days.
Chillar will choose between the best offers from the Cardinals, Packers, and possibly the Rams.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
cmon the Bears got Marty Booker back. Harris and Woodsen have to be constantly shaking in fear.....
i think i would be more scared of Travarus Jackson in a walker. with two arthritic knees.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched Favre's press conference. Wow.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Just watched Favre's press conference. Wow.
Where/how? I only caught a little bit of it and would like to watch the whole thing.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:09 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

yea i would like to know too. or a brief sum of the conference would also work.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
yea i would like to know too. or a brief sum of the conference would also work.
ESPN has a blog for today that has most of what was said. Kinda sums it up i guess.
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks?tag=brett%20favre

I'm hoping Packers.com puts the whole thing online at some point. Missed the first half-hour because i had a class, would like to see the whole thing.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

thanks. it is kinda hard to think of the packers without him. next year will feel so weird
Old 03-06-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80711189

There's his opening statement.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:02 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forunately I got to see the whole thing. Brett is more then a great football player, he is a great person. You could tell right away it was very hard for him almost as if he couldnt believe he was actually retiring and broke down. He says he doesnt like to speak but I find that he is actually very good at it. He said everything that has been said in the paper about the Packers, TT, McCarthy etc. not trying hard enough or not wanting him back was false. He just said he was tried mentally but he still felt like he could play. He said he was always 100% committed but he felt like if he came back he couldnt be and he didnt want to be like that. I thought it was a great press conference by Favre. The Packers wont look the same again for awhile without number 4 out there but all good things must come to an end. The torch has been passed on and now its Rodgers time to write his own legendary career.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How long did the press conference last? I saw the first 45 minutes of it.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
How long did the press conference last? I saw the first 45 minutes of it.
Well, I just saw the introduction, so there is much more that I need to see. Didn't even realize how long it was, damn.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Over an hour. It was special.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was probably one of the worst things I have ever watched, in that it was hard for myself to not tear up when brett was tearing up. He was a great player, and hopefully aaron rodgers can play at a high level so it makes not having brett a little easier.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I couldnt watch the whole thing. Next to the Sean Taylor incident, this is the most emotional football-related event in my life. Even if Aaron is great, or greater than Brett, I dont think he will ever be as exciting. But i am definatly rooting for him

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if anyone finds the full press conference to download or whatever, let me know.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

could i get it on my ipod?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

i plan on pouring a 40 out for my boy brett tomorrow night.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Hopefully Aaron will prove why many people thought he could go #1 overall. The kid has the arm, the accuracy, and the mentality. He even has some of the goofiness that made Brett such a great leader. If his QB instincts are good, he'll be a worthy replacement. I love you Brett.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

well here is to hoping. plus it is even better to show the 49ers up in the process
Old 03-06-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They have the whole thing on epsn.com, but it's audio only.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

packers.com has it in the videos section on the main page
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:08 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
well here is to hoping. plus it is even better to show the 49ers up in the process
MM was the QB coach back then right? I wonder how much pull he had when they were talking about Alex Smith or Rodgers.

On another note, The packers did the right thing with Aaron. So many times, teams will draft a QB and the weight of the franchise is on him right from the start along with learning the pro game and the playbook. Aaron has had the chance to learn the playbook and get his feet wet a couple of times. I don't mean to say he's gonna just throw the ball all over the field when he starts, but he's had a chance to get some of the things out of the way that other franchise QB's haven't been able to do.

So with Aaron at the controls now, does this change the offensive play calling? I would say that it has to, I mean we can't expect to see the same offense as we did last year. I think there is gonna be more running with grant and even Jackson. But the 5 WR sets may be a thing of the past.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:15 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

LOL. it would be even funnier if MM wanted Rodgers and was out voted. but i guess we will never know.

on a side note where are you from in the chicago suburbs?
Old 03-06-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Guys just thought i would post this here, I was planning on getting another Favre jersey and was gonna frame it but, looking on the packers website and the authentic jerseys were all back ordered. So i went to ebay and found an autographed Jersey that i bid on and won... Just wondering what you guys thought...

Old 03-06-2008, 09:18 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

how much did you pay for it??